DC actually used the Seagal wrist lock & tossed Jones into the cage

I guess you could see it as some kind of Seagal thing if you really stretched your imagination.
But seriously, he just pulled Jon's arm or something and got him off balance a bit.

Seagal invented wrist locks. Literally, before the first Olympic Games were held in honor of Zeus in the year 950 BC, Seagal had already been teaching the wrist lock to Greek athletes in exchange for olive loaf, feta cheese bricks and raw minerals to help in repairing his time machine.

Hell, before the Sixth Day when God created Man, Seagal was chillin' with him on the Fifth Day and invented wrists. He said God could use his invention as long as one day, God would allow him to have his own series of straight to video action movies.

It doesn't matter that DC lost the fight, he only took the fight with Jones so he could pay homage to master creator Seagal. It's done, close down the LHW division.

lolololololololol

SS looked intense last night sitting next to Cain.. I am sure his last minute tips helped a great deal..

I do remember seeing that thinking it was pretty seagal-esque.

I vividly remember this as well. Sadly it was one of DC's only successful grappling moves in the fight. If it was from Seagal, that's really something.

0oTJ2YV.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lYrhF7T.webm

Last edited:
Its also a white belt level Judo move

So that's what that was.

Thought it was an interesting looking move.

It wasn't a wrist-lock, but it did look quite Aikido-esque.

Sensei Seagal....would literally kill any fighter anywhere, anytime, anyplace.

if cormier had performed this technique properly he would have thrown jones THROUGH the cage and into the crowd, killing at least 5 spectators, one of which would hopefully be seagal.

hard to tell from that gif alone what happened, but from what i can see i dont see a wrist lock

no, he just threw Jones with his other arm. Jones had ahold of DC's wrist

people shit on seagal alot but thats pretty sick lol

Cormier was actually under siege after losing the first round so he really needed to hit the kill switch and go for something. He put Bones in a dangerous position but the champ was just too hard to kill.

Back