DAZN withholding rights fees for canceled sporting events

I don't suppose they have massive costs while they're not running shows as they're only paying a few central staff at the moment, so I don't think this is the death of Bellator or anything.

It's probably more of a problem for any sports they show where players are contracted to teams and still have to be paid.

I'd take that as subscribers must be abandon ship since basically they have nothing to broadcast. If they don't have subscriber money they are digging even deeper into their venture capital money they have raised through the years. So by stopping payments, stops the bleeding. Surprising the media rights allow them to stop payment as most must be paid even if a league has work stoppage or whatever.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-police-state-hysterical-slide-21780341

'He added: "Yes, this is serious, and, yes, it's understandable that people cry out to the Government, but the real question is, is this serious enough to warrant putting most of our population into house imprisonment, wrecking our economy for an indefinite period, destroying businesses that honest and hard-working people have taken years to build up, saddling future generations with debt?

"Depressions, stress, heart attacks, suicides and unbelievable stress inflicted on millions of people who are not especially vulnerable and will suffer only mild symptoms or none at all like the Health Secretary and the Prime Minister."'

Decent question to think about

Will entirely depend on what the contract says.

i dont understand why these streaming companies arent offering anything at the moment
i.e. Conor exclusive interview, Canelo on when his next fight will be, Work Out With - Jordan Burroughs etc...

its like they all said "oh well watch some Highlights"

Back