DAZN Saturday 2/9 Machado vs Cancino ***NO SHOWTIME SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE***

WHO WINS!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t dislike the kid by any means but he is not an elite fighter. (I don’t like him as a fighter) I like Rojas he is a better fighter overall than machado. He has made some horrible dec with management that has cost him a lot in his career. I was in Vegas supporting him in his title fight vs Marrero.

Yes PR is going through a horrible stretch and I don’t see improvement any time soon. All the better fighter sign with Cotto or bustillo and then they move the kids to golden boy (probably the worst top promotion right now)

Emmanuel rodriguez is the best fighter in the island right now

Okay I see, yeah Machado has always looked flanky and weak when he gets hit but somehow would brush it off and stop the other guy, I never was too fond of how he fought and looked but he kept dropping guys. Tonight the better man landed and kept pressing, Machado had been dropped and hurt before though and always got the win it might of been a perfect bodyshot but only another tough fight will tell. Rojas to me is built like a bull but I just wish he had gotten another trainer long ago as well, at this point he should be on the way out to avoid damage.

Yeah it’s pretty sad what’s going on, the coaching is getting terrible, you got these younger guys throwing wider wilder shots and missing the basics, guys like Bonilla screwing kids with talent, it’s not looking good at all.

I’ve also heard of Subirel Matías, Estrella got that decision tonight over Duarte and Matías stopped him in 4.

I actually think its the other way around. Davis is the super champ, Cancio the regular.

My bad. Wrong thread on my mind, I think.

Okay I see, yeah Machado has always looked flanky and weak when he gets hit but somehow would brush it off and stop the other guy, I never was too fond of how he fought and looked but he kept dropping guys. Tonight the better man landed and kept pressing, Machado had been dropped and hurt before though and always got the win it might of been a perfect bodyshot but only another tough fight will tell. Rojas to me is built like a bull but I just wish he had gotten another trainer long ago as well, at this point he should be on the way out to avoid damage.

Yeah it’s pretty sad what’s going on, the coaching is getting terrible, you got these younger guys throwing wider wilder shots and missing the basics, guys like Bonilla screwing kids with talent, it’s not looking good at all.

I’ve also heard of Subirel Matías, Estrella got that decision tonight over Duarte and Matías stopped him in 4.

Indeed my friend I know a lot amateur talent that has their own coaching and then to be part of the national team the kids get stolen and forced to train with Bonilla. So freaking crooked how the system works in the island. Sad to say the least

Indeed my friend I know a lot amateur talent that has their own coaching and then to be part of the national team the kids get stolen and forced to train with Bonilla. So freaking crooked how the system works in the island. Sad to say the least

Very true, not that historically promoters have have been looked upon with a good image but they just sign a kid and rush them to a title shot, cash their money and let the next kid be found. I remember at the time Dulorme was looking good but had to get more rounds in there, at the time Burgos was no journeyman he was a foreign guy with a dangerous record and 1 loss to Bradley, they fed him to burgos with 14 Pro fights I believe, just as Cuello was a risky fight as well even if he blew him away Cuello was a journeyman with good power. Bomba Gonzalez fed to Segura also. Most might have still lost but no doubt they were rushed and fed to the wolves too green. They would have L’s but with a tad fresher record. Bonilla is a dirty pos with no respect for the game, foul mouthing all the time. Tried to make Quintana come out another round against Cotto when he was done and actually put a face and got mad before stopping it that shameful dick.

Interesting, was Bonilla part of Machado’s team in the past?

Ricky Marquez I heard is another one, he pretty much owns Verdejo and leaching off of him, he is not a proven trainer, doesnt have any fight experince I beleive.

I always thought Rican fighters would benefit training in the west coast with Mex fighters and coaches, though the situation in PR is very dire and any opportunity that is presented to make a quick buck theyll cut all corners and let a young prospects carrer go to waste to make it

In Machados case, I honestly think he wasnt very good to begin with, I cant forget how he had Evans pretty much finished and ready to be put away, but then gets caught with a stiff jab that nearly knocked him down, just another Juanma that solely depends on power to get bailed out, but I hope im wrong, at least he wasnt seriously hurt last night and can comeback

PR has been in a serious championship drought for nearly two decades if you compare the 70’s 80’s and 90’s to recent

Interesting, was Bonilla part of Machado’s team in the past?

Ricky Marquez I heard is another one, he pretty much owns Verdejo and leaching off of him, he is not a proven trainer, doesnt have any fight experince I beleive.

I always thought Rican fighters would benefit training in the west coast with Mex fighters and coaches, though the situation in PR is very dire and any opportunity that is presented to make a quick buck theyll cut all corners and let a young prospects carrer go to waste to make it

In Machados case, I honestly think he wasnt very good to begin with, I cant forget how he had Evans pretty much finished and ready to be put away, but then gets caught with a stiff jab that nearly knocked him down, just another Juanma that solely depends on power to get bailed out, but I hope im wrong, at least he wasnt seriously hurt last night and can comeback

PR has been in a serious championship drought for nearly two decades if you compare the 70’s 80’s and 90’s to recent

Not that I’m aware of but if he was part of any national team he was. He was never that good. Overrated champ to be honest. I saw him live in Las Vegas and even winning he didn’t impress me. Ricky Marques is the reason Verdejo doesn’t improve, he is a leach in every sense of the word and top rank is sick and tired of working with him. Another one Is Pedraza’s step dad, he has a big mouth and the sniper moved from PBC to top rank but is not an easy guy to deal with. The island is in a sad position right now, I agree kids should come to the west coast to develop and forget about locals

Very true, not that historically promoters have have been looked upon with a good image but they just sign a kid and rush them to a title shot, cash their money and let the next kid be found. I remember at the time Dulorme was looking good but had to get more rounds in there, at the time Burgos was no journeyman he was a foreign guy with a dangerous record and 1 loss to Bradley, they fed him to burgos with 14 Pro fights I believe, just as Cuello was a risky fight as well even if he blew him away Cuello was a journeyman with good power. Bomba Gonzalez fed to Segura also. Most might have still lost but no doubt they were rushed and fed to the wolves too green. They would have L’s but with a tad fresher record. Bonilla is a dirty pos with no respect for the game, foul mouthing all the time. Tried to make Quintana come out another round against Cotto when he was done and actually put a face and got mad before stopping it that shameful dick.

Bonilla is an idiot. Dulorme, Jose chelo Gonzalez, the arroyo brothers, there are a lot of careers that have been missmanaged. With 13-15 fights they are thrown to the wolves and they are just stepping stones

Not that I’m aware of but if he was part of any national team he was. He was never that good. Overrated champ to be honest. I saw him live in Las Vegas and even winning he didn’t impress me. Ricky Marques is the reason Verdejo doesn’t improve, he is a leach in every sense of the word and top rank is sick and tired of working with him. Another one Is Pedraza’s step dad, he has a big mouth and the sniper moved from PBC to top rank but is not an easy guy to deal with. The island is in a sad position right now, I agree kids should come to the west coast to develop and forget about locals

Pedraza’s step dad and Bursillo were going at it not too long ago both trying to clean themselves up about who’s fault it was for the whole PR Team thing not working when Shaw and DiBella had Del Valle and Galarza etc. McWilliams particularly is a tough kid who hasn’t been stopped eventhough he’s fought tough opponents, more time and better match making and the kid could of got somewhere, might of still lost but would of had a better looking record atleast. Verdejo is just sad to see really, Carlos Ivan Velazquez was looking excelent before his long layoffs.

I feel like to see any gains they do have to leave the island exclusively to the west coast to get the most off it, Garcia and Roach always great choices.

Back