DAZN quality question

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
So I signed up for DAZN for MMA, Boxing, Euro Hockey and Football today.

Im using the DAZN app ran through my Shield TV (very high quality android box) into my new 4k Sony TV.

Watching soccer the clearness is kinda off, watching football live or in clips it seems like the frames per second is TERRIBLE. Im going to try Bellator after.

Is anyone else noticing this or is this perhaps on my side?

I find quality is dogshit compared to every other streaming service I use. (Amazon, Netflix, Fightpass and many others.)

OK so its not just me. Seems super choppy I guess Ill cancel it.

i've had only minor and rare issues with dazn, ps4 and pc.

it's been flawless 99% of the time. i saw image quality dips a few brief times, but even then the fps didn't seem to drop.

Works fine for me. Wish the Bellator library was deeper though. If there’s no live or recent events on there’s nothing to watch. Bellator has a 10 year library, give us some fights!!

Im not worried about the library, im willing to pay for what it offers.

Its a matter of the frames per second. football looks terrible

check the tv settings too, motion interpolation or whatever, the thing that tom cruise was talking about, the thing thats good for sports but not movies

As far as video quality it is topnotch for me over Wifi. The only issue I ever have is occasional spikes of lag. Its like 1-2sec lost.... but as we all know in the middle of a fight that can be HUGE. Honestly Im pretty happy with it as long as they keep the content coming.

It was pretty bad for the first event. It kept jumping back hours into some prelim fight. And starting it would take almost 30 seconds.

Since then it hasn't jumped back but it still takes excessively long to start the stream. Pretty much every other service starts within a couple of seconds. So still not very happy with DAZN.

I found it better than fightpass and I was just using my iPhone thru an older AppleTV box

Flawless for the one event I watched chromecasting from my phone to TV

During the free trial for Mousasi vs Rory, the video quality would drop down a ton to blurry shit and stay like that for a while. Inconsistent. I wasn't using the internet for anything else at the time.

honestly, 90+% of these issues are probably on the customer's/ISP's end.

Rarely have I had a drop in quality. I've had a few brief lags in quality from time to time, but the problem always immediately corrects itself. I've been using the service since September.

Back