DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

Only of its Bivol at 175 but you and I both know Canelo won’t fight him at 175, but instead make him come to 168 which would be a bitch move in my book because he bravely fought Kovalev at 175 so he shouldnt have a problem doing the same for Biv.
Bivol has gone on record that he can make 168 easily and would fight Canelo there. That was almost a year ago I think. Why hasn’t this happened yet? It’s beyond frustrating.

Ok enough already, the cash cow has been milked. He’s turning 31 soon and hasnt fought in a year, time to give him real title fights at smw. Where is smith at since saunders Is too busy playing with crackheads on the street
Smith turned down the same 8 million that Saunders did.

We may have it backwards

The reason canelo wanted nobodies because DaZn had already told him he was getting half money.

Canelo last 5 fights include GGG, GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev

He doesn't look like someone looking for easy fights.

DaZN reneging on deals!! Looks like pacquaio, Fury, wilder and everyone else that turned down deals with them are laughing, they have chosen the right paths
You forgot Rocky Fielding. And he took Kovalev because they saw weakness there and they were right. So now he gets a freebie for picking a fight against Yildrim? C'mon! I'm not buying what you are shovelling. Canelo is the biggest paid star in boxing and he didn't get the contract because he was known to take soft fights. You want to get paid the big bucks then you have to earn them. There are no easy rides in this sport. The reason Canelo is getting paid less is because it's a fucking global pandemic. Apparently some people don't understand basic economics. Canelo can't fight anyone worth a damn because of Corona but meanwhile, Loma is taking the hardest fight of his life for less money. I think Canelo needs to take a good look at himself.

Last edited:
We may have it backwards

The reason canelo wanted nobodies because DaZn had already told him he was getting half money.

DaZN reneging on deals!! Looks like pacquaio, Fury, wilder and everyone else that turned down deals with them are laughing, they have chosen the right paths
Pretty sure wilder is regretting during done the DAZN deal right now

We may have it backwards

I doubt Wilder is laughing too much. If he loses to Fury again he has nothing except for a Whyte match amongst two fighters on the back side of their careers

I doubt Wilder is laughing too much. If he loses to Fury again he has nothing except for a Whyte match amongst two fighters on the back side of their careers
Id genuinely be curious if he has any regrets there. He got over 28 million for the rematch, and will likely get even more for the third fight.

Sure, its a loss if he actually got the 100 million offer, but hes also got to call his own shots while still making insane money.

Pretty sure wilder is regretting during done the DAZN deal right now
Why? He did things his way and still made epic generational wealth. Paid to call his own shots. And will make a ton more again in the 3rd fight.
Canelo doesn't seem to be too happy right now in his deal and them dictating who he can and can't fight.

Why? He did things his way and still made epic generational wealth. Paid to call his own shots. And will make a ton more again in the 3rd fight.
Canelo doesn't seem to be too happy right now in his deal and them dictating who he can and can't fight.
You mean he got to fight in Vegas instead of Wembley or Dubai?

that’s the only shot he really got to call

He made over 10 million to walk through Breazeale and will make around 70 million for his fights with Fury.

Its not like hes done bad for himself lol. Even if it is less than the $100 mil.

I think Wilder got 60/40 for the first fight amd a 50/50 split for thr rematch, that’s a big deal between two undefeated champs nowadays especially if that slime ball Bob Arum is involved

Ok enough already, the cash cow has been milked. He’s turning 31 soon and hasnt fought in a year, time to give him real title fights at smw. Where is smith at since saunders Is too busy playing with crackheads on the street
He turned 30 two months ago.

He also controls his own destiny post loss doesn't need Dazn to veto a tune up if he wants one.

He made over 10 million to walk through Breazeale and will make around 70 million for his fights with Fury.

Its not like hes done bad for himself lol. Even if it is less than the $100 mil.
Yeah, but that has to be automatic. Kind of an unwritten rule. If anyone ever offers you a legit $100M contract to do anything, you sign that shit before they can get it back from you. Don't even read it. Who gives a fuck? Just do whatever it says. lol

I would do terrible, awful things for $100M (or $100 if you've got cash money).
They just wanted him to box 3 bouts for $100M.

Yeah, but that has to be automatic. Kind of an unwritten rule. If anyone ever offers you a legit $100M contract to do anything, you sign that shit before they can get it back from you. Don't even read it. Who gives a fuck? Just do whatever it says. lol

Im not saying he made the right decision. Im saying that I can see there being an argument from him that hes content with what he decided.

If before covid era, then Vegas looked best place from these for live gates with canelo on card.
Now with covid era, looks that not that much matters where to bang.

Kind of weird for DAZN to say they won't approve a fight against a tune up opponent and then later say they're going to cut his purse in half.

And apparently they’re talking about halving his purse for a potential fight against Smith, which is actually kind of a risky fight.

Well Canelo thought he could just fight whoever the fuck he wanted and still get that DAZN money. Looks like DAZN aren't the mugs he thought they were. Good. I normally side with the fighters but when they treat the broadcasters and by extension the fans like they don't matter then they should be held to account. There's no free money in this game.

Isnt Canelo aware of what is happening around the world? Idiot!

To his credit, they tried to get two quality opponents who are both ducking him.

On the other hand, BJS and Smith arent the only good opponents available.

It would be kind of pathetic not to see the best boxer around fight in a whole year because he turned down a 17.5 million purse.

I really wish we could see more of him soon.

BJS doesn't want any part of Canelo or anybody else ranked higher for that matter

Basically any opinion on this matter has some merit. Strange, really. I was reading through post after post like...
<mma4>

Smith turned down the same 8 million that Saunders did.

DisfiguredUntimelyCollie-size_restricted.gif

Both of them will (and should) regret that move more than Wilder will (or should) the $100M pass, if it was even a legit $100M on the table. Those are both worse passes for them, short and long-term. Much worse.

The reason Canelo is getting paid less is because it's a fucking global pandemic. Apparently some people don't understand basic economics. Canelo can't fight anyone worth a damn because of Corona but meanwhile, Loma is taking the hardest fight of his life
That's where I'm confused, why can't dazn afford Canelo's contract right now?? Isn't their income based on subscriptions?? The pandemic shouldnt be affecting that and whatever happened to Hearn's bold prediction that millions will subscribe to dazn, live gates shouldn't be a concern to them if anything its a concern for GBP and Canelo, Top Rank and PBC are putting on fights for their respected networks because they're obligated, not so much because they're killing it on ticket sales, this again makes me think dazn is in the hole and is using the pandemic as an excuse.

It would be kind of pathetic not to see the best boxer around fight in a whole year because he turned down a 17.5 million purse.

I really wish we could see more of him soon.

He's never really shown much of a competitive drive so I'm not surprised. It's a shame we went from Floyd to him as the face of boxing. Neither guy are really about much more than the purses.

.....and you would do those same filthy and disgusting things for 70 million too.

Back