DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

His last 2 fights??

You seem to be forgetting his knock out of the yr contender vs Ortiz, which is amongst his last 2

And if we are judging fighters based on their last 2. That would hurt AJ and Whyte also, as they lost 2 guys they "shouldn't" have lost 2
Wilder scraped a draw and got ko’d

His last 2 fights??

You seem to be forgetting his knock out of the yr contender vs Ortiz, which is amongst his last 2

And if we are judging fighters based on their last 2. That would hurt AJ and Whyte also, as they lost 2 guys they "shouldn't" have lost 2
Wait, you expect them to judge their favorite fighters by the same harsh criteria they judge Wilder by??? What, are you trying to be objective or something???....

Wilder scraped a draw and got ko’d
Whyte struggled in a horrible looking decision to a much much much lesser opponent. A draw against Fury was more admirable and of higher caliber than Whyte's ugly victory against much lower competition. Then he was all time highlight reel knocked out by a much much lesser opponent. A knockout that was far more brutal than the Wilder stoppage. Delivered by a much lower caliber fighter than Fury.

It's cool that you have criteria by which you think you can judge a fighter. However, it only has validity if you apply it to ALL fighters. Your points become invalid and criteria is junk if you pick and choose who you want to hold to it. Plus its just made up on the spot.

Maybe within your fantasy world they were his last 2 fights

But in reality the draw wasn't within his last 2 fights, you may have a grudge against reality, but i don't.
Yes your right sorry....had it in my head they fury fights followed each other which they didn’t

Whyte struggled in a horrible looking decision to a much much much lesser opponent. A draw against Fury was more admirable and of higher caliber than Whyte's ugly victory against much lower competition. Then he was all time highlight reel knocked out by a much much lesser opponent. A knockout that was far more brutal than the Wilder stoppage. Delivered by a much lower caliber fighter than Fury.

It's cool that you have criteria by which you think you can judge a fighter. However, it only has validity if you apply it to ALL fighters. Your points become invalid and criteria is junk if you pick and choose who you want to hold to it. Plus its just made up on the spot.
Why don’t we judge fighters on their best wins as opposed to who they have lost against.....come back when wilder can beat a top 10 fighter other than an ageing Ortiz

Why don’t we judge fighters on their best wins as opposed to who they have lost against.....come back when wilder can beat a top 10 fighter than and ageing Ortiz
So now you want to change your criteria because #1 It contained absolutely false /wrong/incorrect information. #2 It actually makes AJ and Whtye look pretty poor as well.

I dont' like your NEW suggested criteria because it does not take in to account the accomplishment that Wilder fought Fury to a draw and hurt him bad multiple times. That is a better accomplishment than a lot of wins over Cans , journey men , or lower level competition.
You can't just ignore a draw because you dislike a fighter. This is your argument.
"If you ignore all the good things Wilder has done, you can clearly see he didnt do anything good..."
Lol
Come back when you actually know the correct sequence of events instead of making shit up.

So now you want to change your criteria because #1 It contained absolutely false /wrong/incorrect information. #2 It actually makes AJ and Whtye look pretty poor as well.

I dont' like your NEW suggested criteria because it does not take in to account the accomplishment that Wilder fought Fury to a draw and hurt him bad multiple times. That is a better accomplishment than a lot of wins over Cans , journey men , or lower level competition.
You can't just ignore a draw because you dislike a fighter.
My argument has always been he is untested against the top 10 fighters (other than Ortiz) and didn't want to chase other fights against top 10 fighters. With fury he was gifted the draw he was dominated through that fight but got 2 knockdowns. 2nd fight he got dominated and stopped.

I wouldn’t expect a fan boy like you to understand that.

Why don’t we judge fighters on their best wins as opposed to who they have lost against.....come back when wilder can beat a top 10 fighter other than an ageing Ortiz
My argument has always been he is untested against the top 10 fighters (other than Ortiz) and didn't want to chase other fights against top 10 fighters. With fury he was gifted the draw he was dominated through that fight but got 2 knockdowns. 2nd fight he got dominated and stopped.

I wouldn’t expect a fan boy like you to understand that.
You can't even stick to your own NEW criteria. You have to make caveats and exceptions.
Again nobody has to ignore factual top ten fights because YOU say.
Your moronic argument is still "he hasn’t fought or proven himself against top ten guys....if you magically discredit and ignore the top ten guys he has proven himself against."
"Its a gift if you ignore the facts he had Fury on his ass 2 times and the score should reflect that"
ignore ignore ignore.... I see other poster consistently accuse you of ignoring the facts as well.
The fanboy and hater is you.... Check your avatar and how you don't apply your same logic to your man crush....

You can't even stick to your own NEW criteria. You have to make caveats and exceptions.
Again nobody has to ignore factual top ten fights because YOU say.
Your moronic argument is still "he hasn’t fought or proven himself against top ten guys....if you magically discredit and ignore the top ten guys he has proven himself against."
"Its a gift if you ignore the facts he had Fury on his ass 2 times and the score should reflect that"
ignore ignore ignore.... I see other poster consistently accuse you of ignoring the facts as well.
The fanboy and hater is you.... Check your avatar and how you don't apply your same logic to your man crush....
Yeah two 8-10 rounds for the knockdowns not going to get into how that fight should have been scored again. Fact is his only top 10 wins are against Ortiz past his prime. Let’s see if he can manage another one......ever. As things stand at the moment it’s my opinion that wilder has been massively overhyped....if he can beat fury and then beat AJ then it means the hype for last god knows how many years is justified but until then I am happy to stick to my view.

I don’t care what you or other posters think about my opinion.

Whats wrong with my avatar it’s a boxing forum?

Yeah two 8-10 rounds for the knockdowns not going to get into how that fight should have been scored again. Fact is his only top 10 wins are against Ortiz past his prime. Let’s see if he can manage another one......ever. As things stand at the moment it’s my opinion that wilder has been massively overhyped....if he can beat fury and then beat AJ then it means the hype for last god knows how many years is justified but until then I am happy to stick to my view.

I don’t care what you or other posters think about my opinion.

Whats wrong with my avatar it’s a boxing forum?
You're not going to get into the scoring because after you discredit the clear 10-8 rounds there are some subjective even rounds that could have gone either way. Thats not a gift, robbery, or fix....Its 100% ok and logical to score the 1st fight for Fury. But to suggest a draw was out of the realm of subjective possibilities is still silly.
Why would Wilder have to beat Fury or AJ to be considered a top guy? Whyte has never done that and never will. Yet you still consider him Top 10. Lol
Every stipulation you put for this man is easily debunked by your love of an inferior fighter.

You're not going to get into the scoring because after you discredit the clear 10-8 rounds there are some subjective even rounds that could have gone either way. Thats not a gift, robbery, or fix....Its 100% ok and logical to score the 1st fight for Fury. But to suggest a draw was out of the realm of subjective possibilities is still silly.
Why would Wilder have to beat Fury or AJ to be considered a top guy? Whyte has never done that and never will. Yet you still consider him Top 10. Lol
Every stipulation you put for this man is easily debunked by your love of an inferior fighter.
I didn’t say it was a robbery or a fix I know how to score I fight and if he wasn’t the home champion fighter it’s very unlikely he would have got the decision. Also for the record I have never said he isn’t a top 10 fighter have I? I said he isn’t in same class as AJ or Fury and in my view was only in top 3 from avoiding other top tier fighters and KO’ing inferior opposition. I can’t tell where he ranks in the top 10 as he has only beaten Ortiz. Also I have never said whyte is better than AJ or Fury have I? Just because I like him doesn’t mean I think he is the best they are not mutually exclusive views. I just think he could beat wilder and should have had the chance to see if he could. Pretty simple really.

Whyte's ugly victory against much lower competition. Then he was all time highlight reel knocked out by a much much lesser opponent. A knockout that was far more brutal than the Wilder stoppage. Delivered by a much lower caliber fighter than Fury.
You ever had saw Povetkin fight records and had evalued his experience level?
Yes, he is 41 now and looks too small for modern HW sizes too.
If he manages to land, sorry, anyone might be finished.
Ofc it is not 30-32 years old boxer, he now is 41. Power is last thing that they might lost.
there's his fight record in pro boxing:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/318081

You ever had saw Povetkin fight records and had evalued his experience level?
Yes, he is 41 now and looks too small for modern HW sizes too.
If he manages to land, sorry, anyone might be finished.
Ofc it is not 30-32 years old boxer, he now is 41. Power is last thing that they might lost.
there's his fight record in pro boxing:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/318081
Have no idea what you're trying to say. Yes most of us are familiar with Povetkin

I didn’t say it was a robbery or a fix I know how to score I fight and if he wasn’t the home champion fighter it’s very unlikely he would have got the decision. .
Lmao you litterally are saying it was a fix, bullshit and "gift." You are hiding behind semantics....

Lmao you litterally are saying it was a fix, bullshit and "gift." You are hiding behind semantics....
No I am not....marginal rounds or even slightly marginal rounds are often scored to the champ or home fighter happens all the time doesn’t mean it’s a fix does it?

LOL. exactly text that I had already expected to see.

You definitely no. <45>
---
Your 1st readable post. Congratulations.
You still don't understand the context of the conversation though . Its NOT about Povetkin being an unknown fighter. Its about him not being on the level of Fury...

Last edited:
No I am not....marginal rounds or even slightly marginal rounds are often scored to the champ or home fighter happens all the time doesn’t mean it’s a fix does it?
The fact that they are close or marginal litterally means they can go to whomever depending on HOWEVER the judges favor. Thats not a "gift"

The fact that they are close or marginal litterally means they can go to whomever depending on HOWEVER the judges favor. Thats not a "gift"
Majority of people thought fury had won....deal with it

Back