DAZN CEO admits not happy yet with subscribers

They were in the red for hundreds of millions per quarter. Really not a bad comparison.
Twitter is/was free and is for any person on the internet anywhere in the world. DAZN isn't. Their difficulty is in its niche. Boxing alone and the couple other things they have, wont support the numbers they need. They need to expand their sports event offerings in a big way as fast as they can and basically be like the ESPN of subscription television. Problem is......ESPN has already jumped all in on the subscription model with billions to burn.
Itll be interesting going forward to see how things work out. PBC actually makes more sense from a business model. Dont rely on subscribers, let the network pay for the content.

Last edited:
Twitter is/was free and is for any person on the internet anywhere in the world. DAZN isn't.

My point was originally, and still is, that it's not uncommon and that the business model wasn't even known - let alone when they'd become profitable. You just responded to me, said it's a bad comparison and then started talking about the DAZN model. But I was responding to someone else about the general idea that businesses sink money for years (including Twitter until 2018).

I imagine that's because of all the MLB cable TV deals. They show full games? Not just highlights?
Well Baseball has like 50 games a day and the only one on DAZN was the Phillies Nationals game.

They have a couple games on there I believe, as does ESPN+. I believe DAZN in Canada provides all the mlb games. But MLB also has its own MLB.TV which has every MLB game (not subject to blackouts) but a lot has to do with MLB being a legalized monopoly and it’s regional television exclusive rights bullshit and such
I'm Canadian and only saw one game, maybe I'm retarded but the only one on was the Phillies vs Nationals.

Maybe he $100 annual offer ($8 and change a month?) is to encourage a quick infusion of cash? I'm still in at $9.99/month for now, but maybe I should convert before that $100 annual rate goes up. Hmm...

My point was originally, and still is, that it's not uncommon and that the business model wasn't even known - let alone when they'd become profitable. You just responded to me, said it's a bad comparison and then started talking about the DAZN model. But I was responding to someone else about the general idea that businesses sink money for years (including Twitter until 2018).
I see...

It’s sort of apples oranges. I agree with what you’re saying about their model; but disagree that their current state entails they’re in trouble or going out of business. It sounds expected and they do have deep pockets behind them.

« We had one landmark event »
Lol
It’s hard to take a man seriously when he spouts bs like that.

Maybe he $100 annual offer ($8 and change a month?) is to encourage a quick infusion of cash? I'm still in at $9.99/month for now, but maybe I should convert before that $100 annual rate goes up. Hmm...

I just popped the $100. Feel pretty good. Not as good as not paying $70 for khan..

It's not on PPV here in Canada and no channels are showing it.

Online only, you have to subscribe, $19.99/mo or $100 flat upfront for a year.
www.dazn.com
Yea I noticed that. I'm not gonna watch on my computer or go through the trouble of hooking it to my tv.

If I'm gonna watch on my computer it's to stream.

Perhaps I'll pony up after they give GGG a better fight.

Been a DAZN subscriber for 5 months and think its solid. Bought for some Bellator fights (I dont have cable), but it has reignited my love for boxing.

It's really nice with a lot of MMA, kickboxing, other combat sports if those interest you as well. Solid value at the $100, and you can cancel any time, so you could really PPV this one for $19.99 if you were so inclined. Just sayin'...

Or find a stream, but I do think DAZN is a fair value at the annual rate.

Yea I noticed that. I'm not gonna watch on my computer or go through the trouble of hooking it to my tv.

If I'm gonna watch on my computer it's to stream.

Perhaps I'll pony up after they give GGG a better fight.
I have a button on my TV that says Smart Hub and when I push it the DAZN app comes right up and plays no problem. I don't have to hook up a lap top or anything. If you have a TV that can play apps it's really easy.

I was on board with DAZN from the beginning, always liked watching the boxing from the UK so when they made those cards available with a DAZN sub making having to find a Sky stream in the US a thing of the past it was a no brainer. However despite the big names they have signed the content as been subpar except for the WBSS. AJ has barely fought, Canelo fights Fielding for over 30 mil, no thanks. If I want to watch these kinds of cards I'll stream again, not paying $20 a month for the shit they offer. ESPN+ has better boxing & MMA for 3 times less the price.

DAZN will soon be BNKRPT

Last edited:
I was on board with DAZN from the beginning, always liked watching the boxing from the UK so when they made those cards available with a DAZN sub making having to find a Sky stream in the US a thing of the past it was a no brainer. However despite the big names they have signed the content as been subpar except for the WBSS. AJ has barely fought, Canelo fights Fielding for over 30 mil, no thanks. If I want to watch these kinds of cards I'll stream again, not paying $20 a month for the shit they offer. ESPN+ has better boxing & MMA for 3 times less the price.

$100/year isn't bad and if you pay upfront it's $100 annually, not $19.99/month or $240. More like $8/month. Just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back