Days off from bodyweight exercises?

rEdShawks

Brown Belt
Reaction score
i got one more quick question then i promise i will leave you guys alone. I know it is highly recommended and even dangerous if one does not take usually a day off a week from working out, at least most of the time. Yet i have heard with pushups, pullups, even crunches and other bodyweight exercises you dont need to take days off and you can continue for months doing a healthy number of pushups for example without taking one day off, is this true?

Bodyweight exercises can be used as active recovery on off days.

Just be sure to keep the volume low and not overdo it.

it depends ...just like with everything else...you're looking for a catchall and that doesnt exist....some athletes get away with training 7 days a week...two or even three workouts a day....others train very infrequently...it all depends on an individual and the combined program protocols....

can you train 7 days a week with bw exercises? yes.....can you also overtrain like a motherfucker and cause injuries? yes....it all depends on what your work capacity is, what volume/load you're using, how you sleep/eat/live your life, etc....

greasing the groove method for example preaches doing a very limited number of lifts at a low intensity and volume very frequently....often every day and many times a day....like pull ups, push ups, crunches, deadlifts, presses, cleans, etc....Dan John and Pavel Tsatsouline like this type of method...

so if you can do 100 push ups but yet you do 20 push ups several times a day...you can probably get away doing them without taking time off....however if you do 70-100 push ups every day then you'll come to realize that you'll eventually burn out...and will need time off...

I would be very careful doing a lot of pushups. Pushups are an extremely strenuous excerise and can take a heavy toll on the CNS. I can usually only handle push-ups 2-4 times a month...

I would be very careful doing a lot of pushups. Pushups are an extremely strenuous excerise and can take a heavy toll on the CNS. I can usually only handle push-ups 2-4 times a month...

Teh Hardcore!!111

I have read there is virtually no difference in results when training strenuous bodyweight workouts every day vs every other day. I have no source for this. Really though, I remember the context being relatively easy bw exercises (easy being defined as an exercise you can do 30+ reps of)

I have read there is virtually no difference in results when training strenuous bodyweight workouts every day vs every other day. I have no source for this. Really though, I remember the context being relatively easy bw exercises (easy being defined as an exercise you can do 30+ reps of)

thats very intresting, since thats how i do by BW exercises i alternate days between pushups and pullups, and i add in crunches evry once in awhile, that was why i started this thread cause i wnat to know if i should do pullups pushups and crunches all on the same day 6 or 7 days a week , or keep it as is

Basically the more worthwhile the exercise you partake in, the less often you can do it. So pussy shit like high rep pullups, pushups, and crunches you can do till the fucking cows some home... you wanna worry about recovery, start training for real and come back.

here's the other thing... you make another shit thread asking to be spoonfed information and I will ban you. In the time it takes you to make a new thread you could have already googled the answer. Your unwillingness to educate yourself before asking for help from others is really grating to me. clearly you have put no actual thought into the development of a routine, nor have you done any research on a bodyweight routine, and if you have, it has all escaped you leaving a vacuous hole where your brain used to be.

So here's your ultimatum: smarten up, shut up, or get the fuck out. I don't consider this forum an opportunity to ask any stupid ass question that pops into your head. think of a question, search for the answer, and if you can't find it, at least your search will have yeilded some additional information to form a more informed question when you make a thread. I grow weary of the bullshit.

GTFO50.jpg

here's the other thing... you make another shit thread asking to be spoonfed information and I will ban you. In the time it takes you to make a new thread you could have already googled the answer. Your unwillingness to educate yourself before asking for help from others is really grating to me. clearly you have put no actual thought into the development of a routine, nor have you done any research on a bodyweight routine, and if you have, it has all escaped you leaving a vacuous hole where your brain used to be.

So here's your ultimatum: smarten up, shut up, or get the fuck out. I don't consider this forum an opportunity to ask any stupid ass question that pops into your head. think of a question, search for the answer, and if you can't find it, at least your search will have yeilded some additional information to form a more informed question when you make a thread. I grow weary of the bullshit.

Best fuckin' shit I've read all day. Thank you.

:icon_twis

green belt in less than a year. makes me wonder what i've been doing all this time..

Back