Day one Jiu Jitsu in use...

They definitely added in those punching sound effects in post production. Shit sounded like one of those old school Batman TV shows.

Especially since the effects play out of sync with the punches.

Too many unnatural movements I think. The unconscious part looked pretty good but I don't buy the rest. But my wife tells me I have been wrong before so who knows.

That's why headlocks never good in a fight, esp if someone knows what they're doing.

Too many unnatural movements I think. The unconscious part looked pretty good but I don't buy the rest. But my wife tells me I have been wrong before so who knows.

It's possible, some of the stuff on the show I have had no doubt was staged.
But one thing they didn't show was when he woke up and they were carrying him out of the bar, he had a pop-knot on the side of his face big enough to high center a jeep.

You can see he is actually hitting him, the sound effects are obviously fake. This is either professional stuntmen or real.

hat was actually one of the first BJJ techniques I was taught. Granted it was in a law enforcement academy, but it is old school Helio type stuff. Helio''s basics weren't entirely ground focused. The majority was for self defense. From what I understand that is how he introduced his students to the art.

Yeah, in the 50s JJ was pretty much like judo and advertised as such and used the same self-defense moves.

Eventually Judo became olympics and neglected newaza and BJJ became competitive too neglecting standup and we see 2 distinct sports but not too long ago they were pretty much the same.

You can see this Gracie promotional video of the 50s

YouTube - Gracie Jiu Jitsu

BTW the move name is sukui nage

First....the small has a rock solid chin. Second.....looked pretty real to me and fat boy got what was coming to him. Third....Tony Blauer is legit as far as fighting goes. It's not MMA cage-ready stuff but alot of what he teaches translate well to law enforcement and that is his main target group (and Military as well). The "flinch" system as well as "closet weapon, closet contact" are not new ideas but he has packaged them well and marketed them under his "brand".

Those Tony blauer videos are awesome. Real primal instict stuff, he seems legit

its from a reality show, and while they kinda try to set up situations, i do not believe they have a special effects crew.

that guy got the shit punched out of him.

watch it with the video next time.

That's why headlocks never good in a fight, esp if someone knows what they're doing.

lol? so headlocks are bad because when someone who knows nothing does them against someone who knows grappling he will get beat?

That's like saying punches are no good because if an untrained man tries to punch an olympic TKD athlete and he kicks his head off that means punches are never good?

If a guy who knows what do do with a headlock, meets a guy that knows what to do against headlocks, chances are the one in the headlock wins the interchange because he has an advantage position.

YouTube - Defensive Tactics 101: Headlock hip throw

YouTube - Headlock throw

YouTube - Anthony's head lock throw at Woodson Judo 09

YouTube - a perfect headlock to a pinn kristian youngblood

Where the head goes, the body follows.

lol? so headlocks are bad because when someone who knows nothing does them against someone who knows grappling he will get beat?

That's like saying punches are no good because if an untrained man tries to punch an olympic TKD athlete and he kicks his head off that means punches are never good?

If a guy who knows what do do with a headlock, meets a guy that knows what to do against headlocks, chances are the one in the headlock wins the interchange because he has an advantage position.

YouTube - Headlock throw

Eeeeaaaaaasy there tiger.

YouTube - Headlock throw

Your trolling is pathetic.

You are right, somebody that knows a generic headlock escape is the equivalent to an olympic athlete.

Your trolling is pathetic.

You are right, somebody that knows a generic headlock escape is the equivalent to an olympic athlete.

What? I am the troll now? WTH means olympic athlete? i put a video of some prepubescent kids fighting and one doing a headlock throw, also a video of a highschool wrestling match, with one doing a headlock throw.

Im not the one that said that its NEVER good to do a headlock, a headlock its an advantage, among untrained men the one with the headlock has the advantage, among trained men too. Its when there is a skill disadvantage when headlock becomes a disadvantage.

And you don't need to be an olympic athlete to perform a headlock throw, in fact its the first judo throw that i learned and the first one i learn to rookies because its so basic and teaches rookies the concepts of throwing.

Back