Day 3...

You've been doing not only opioids, but benzos for 10 years straight?

How are you not dead or hospitalized? Lol

Benzo withdrawal, like alcohol, can kill you.

How are you not dead or hospitalized? Lol

have been, them amazing first responders/doctors just kept saving my ass lol.

last time I was gone for a good minute or two...no pulse/breathing. somehow they got me back. its honestly doesn't make sense to me either I have survived this long. bout time I learn my lesson tho and stop tempting fate.

tried a thousand times. tapering is just not something that is possible for me. I can never manage to stick to it. just gotta rip the bandaid off and get my ass kicked for a while.

the only one I'm truly physically dependent on is the opiates. I abuse benzos but I'm confident I'm not going to have a seizure or anything. its just gonna suck but Im not gonna die

just depends on the day and how stupid I'm feeling. but I can and have gone multiple days with out benzos completely fine more or less. the opiates are my real battle. but I gotta quit all this shit because one will lead to the other....100% of the time.

Stay strong

Opiate detox is a very slow process.

You'll get un dopesick within a month but it takes the better part of a year clean to really start to feel like yourself again

Irritability sleeplessness and anxiety are going to be your best friends for a long time. Just suck it up and learn to laugh at the things you've done to yourself

Good luck. Sleeping won’t happen for a week to 10 days. Then more cravings. But you will be fine after that.

I'm so glad for you, please continue!

I use a lot of fucking drugs but fortunately not ones that destroy me (at least not so fast).
Might explain some of my retarded posts, some sherbros think now. :p

That third day is a test of fortitude. Get through that you can do anything @IloveTHIS. In a day or two you will sleep for at least 12 hours and awake feeling great.

I want to be optimistic about what you’re saying about not having to worry about benzo withdrawals but I have a feeling that you didn’t feel symptoms in the past because you only quit them for a week or two at a time. You also had opiates to mask the come down. Hopefully I’m wrong. Good luck and kick this once and for all!

Opiates, benzos, muscle relaxers

Replace with cake. Cake is good.

AgedAssuredAfricanbushviper-size_restricted.gif

Well my sherbrethren I have reached a milestone I honestly did not think I would ever come close to. Cant really explain it but randomly a few days ago I woke up and decided enough is enough and to finally put the fucking drugs down and stop killing myself. Sure I had thought about it a thousand times before but something about this time was just different. A moment of clarity I guess. Somehow I had zero doubt in my mind I would not fail this time.

So here I am on day 3 of being clean and not throwing junk into my body. Havent been able to make it this long, 3 days, in over 10 years. Hell I honestly could not even tell you how many years its been since I had 1 single day free.

my pupils are absolutely massive. I havent been able to sleep more than 40 minutes total these 3 days. Lost count of how many times I've vomited. my muscles have been spasming/cramping BAD. and maybe worst of all, the thought of food, any food in the world, sounds absolutely repulsive. I cant even take a bite of anything with out heaving. it feels like my entire body is violently shaking even if I'm 100% certain I'm not moving at all o_O Im ice cold yet profusely sweating. basically I feel like absolute death. Im not religious but all I can do is pray this is as worse as its going to get. but the funny thing is despite feeling so unfathomably horrible, life seem brighter than it has in many years. I find myself just imagining what this new me could be...what I could turn my future in to when I have 10 days, 30 days, 6 months, a year, 10 years free. before nothing in the world seemed more pointless and annoying than thinking about my future. I didnt want a future.

just gonna keep knocking down one day at a time and get it done. long road ahead, and I definitely am not going to say I'm "recovered" because I havent given in for a whole 3 days. but I'm gonna appreciate each little step....in a weird sadistic way I almost enjoy how absolutely hellish mentally and physically this is. because it is going to burn it into my brain to never, ever have to do it again because of relapsing. but hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fuck this sucks

love u guys. sorry if this post is a little rambling. I'm sleep and food deprived and emotional.

dcaba3b75dc67c1b15c548a43aba1ca9.jpg

tldr: I been fukkin up for long time, finally decided to no longer fukk up
That is awesome Sherbro! I got my shit together and went to rehab about 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did for myself.

If you ever need someone to talk to or anything I am always glad to help. I know it can be extremely rough at first, so never give up.

Good on you, man. We're all rooting for you. Best of luck.

All the best to you Sherbro. you can do it, mate.

I have to admit, I'm no saint. I abuse cocaine nearly every day, and alcohol. I'm in mad debt right now, but I am working and holding on to the job by the skin of my teeth.

I will quit it all but as ya know, it's very hard.

Well my sherbrethren I have reached a milestone I honestly did not think I would ever come close to. Cant really explain it but randomly a few days ago I woke up and decided enough is enough and to finally put the fucking drugs down and stop killing myself. Sure I had thought about it a thousand times before but something about this time was just different. A moment of clarity I guess. Somehow I had zero doubt in my mind I would not fail this time.

So here I am on day 3 of being clean and not throwing junk into my body. Havent been able to make it this long, 3 days, in over 10 years. Hell I honestly could not even tell you how many years its been since I had 1 single day free.

my pupils are absolutely massive. I havent been able to sleep more than 40 minutes total these 3 days. Lost count of how many times I've vomited. my muscles have been spasming/cramping BAD. and maybe worst of all, the thought of food, any food in the world, sounds absolutely repulsive. I cant even take a bite of anything with out heaving. it feels like my entire body is violently shaking even if I'm 100% certain I'm not moving at all o_O Im ice cold yet profusely sweating. basically I feel like absolute death. Im not religious but all I can do is pray this is as worse as its going to get. but the funny thing is despite feeling so unfathomably horrible, life seem brighter than it has in many years. I find myself just imagining what this new me could be...what I could turn my future in to when I have 10 days, 30 days, 6 months, a year, 10 years free. before nothing in the world seemed more pointless and annoying than thinking about my future. I didnt want a future.

just gonna keep knocking down one day at a time and get it done. long road ahead, and I definitely am not going to say I'm "recovered" because I havent given in for a whole 3 days. but I'm gonna appreciate each little step....in a weird sadistic way I almost enjoy how absolutely hellish mentally and physically this is. because it is going to burn it into my brain to never, ever have to do it again because of relapsing. but hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fuck this sucks

love u guys. sorry if this post is a little rambling. I'm sleep and food deprived and emotional.

dcaba3b75dc67c1b15c548a43aba1ca9.jpg

tldr: I been fukkin up for long time, finally decided to no longer fukk up

You ain’t quit. You just freshening up.

<{yearp}>

Nah, I’m just kidding. Herron's a helluva drug. Get you some methadone or you’re just wasting your time.
And remember......quitting's just the first step. It’s a whole long trek on a knife's edge.

And word of advice, from a guy who was on the other side of your phone, with a hand in your wallet, for over 10 years, get you some weed and smoke the shit out of that.
Replacing one vice with another lesser vice works wonders.

{<redford}

Last edited:
Drink some ensure. Your body is going through a major reboot and as much as it sucks, you have to feed it so it has energy to rewire the circuits.

You haven't posted in a bit. How you doing brother?

Stay strong

Opiate detox is a very slow process.

You'll get un dopesick within a month but it takes the better part of a year clean to really start to feel like yourself again

Irritability sleeplessness and anxiety are going to be your best friends for a long time. Just suck it up and learn to laugh at the things you've done to yourself

this is accurate..

Back