Dawson's Reek

Tam-Tam

Management vs Labour
@Gold
Reaction score
NoBSBoxing member and Sherdog graduate, Tauvington penned something quite magnificent following the dissapointing effort shown from Chad Dawson this past weekend.

Here's a glimpse at this wonderfully articulate piece of ire...

Dawson's Reek

By Tauvington

Chad Dawson stood in desperation, looking like he'd just been stabbed above the eyes with a pair of scissors. It had already been a tough outing for the soon-to-be former world champion, to say the least, having struggled mightily through nine opening rounds of distress Saturday night against a surprisingly live 4-1 underdog opponent in Canadian title-holder Jean Pascal.

Undeterred, the South Carolina native appeared to have started matching up a few pieces of the puzzle during the 10th and 11th frames, timing his adversary more effectively and letting his hands go with less reluctance. The late success that "Bad" Chad was enjoying, however, became short-lived by way of a staggering clash of heads. His fate, cruel as ever, was sealed as his skin was ripped open. With blood now streaming down the lines of his swelling face during the scorecard tallies, Dawson's night at the Bell Centre in Montreal was over...and moments later, so were his days as an unbeaten prizefighter.

For the rest, check out NoBSBoxing.com or follow this link to the full story ----> NobsBoxing

Pascal must be thanking every god humans have ever made up that the headbutt occurred.

Good stuff. I always liked Tauvington, one of my boys.
I know Chad and he

It's already been said a bunch, this fight could be the best thing to happen to Dawson. He talks about how the positive marijuana test reinvigorated his focus, just imagine what this fight is going to do.

He looked almost "Dominic Guinn-esque" that night...Maybe there was some truth about distractions and a less than stellar training camp. Credit to Pascal though, he did what he needed to do, and yes I think the Head Butt saved Pascal's night....

Dawson should have known going into the fight that he would need to consistently bank rounds early and often in Montreal against the hometown fighter. He let Pascal do his thing for a little too long in there. Hopefully he does learn his lesson and comes out more focused in a rematch.

Back