Dawson vs Johnson 2, I want to see a re-match

CanadaMMA

Most MMA fans are idiots
@red
Reaction score
This man gets ripped off time and time again. Why does he get no love from boxing judges? I scored it 7-5 for Johnson and to see it scored 8-4 3 times against me not only makes me angry, makes me want to ask every single boxing judge out there "Why no love for Glen Johnson?"

I hope Dawson fights him again. I want to see that fight again.

doubtful that they have another fight. johnson is too old and dawson has better things to do, like fight tarver.

It won't happen now that a fight with Tarver is on the table.

The best thing in that would be a win for Chad, because it'll lead to a rematch with Glen, provided Glen doesn't lose his next fight, and he seems to really get how to take it to Dawson.

i think dawson fares better in the rematch if they actually end up having one. kinda like peter vs. toney.

Dawson is definitely the future of the light heavyweight division, but it's not because he very good. I just don't see anyone in the horizon. I know partly because of G. John being one tough son of a bitch, but I look at Dawson's skill set and I wasn't too impressed. He gets hit often and can get out-hustled. At his age, I don't see him getting overwhelmingly better. His athleticism will only carry him for so long.

I would like to see a rematch as well. I thought Johnson maybe won by a round. Johnson should have gone to the body more than he could have maybe stopped Dawson.

Although Dawson struggled he still impressed me. I really like the way he adjusted mid fight. Tremendous speed as well.

Chad doesn't want to be the future of LHW. He wants to be the future of SMW. He has trouble making it up to LHW.

Dawson doesn't want Johnson again. He was asked like 3x after the fight by that chick, and he pretty much said no each time.

I agree with outcome, just not the scores. I did think that Dawson outboxed Johnson enough to get the nod, but I thought it was insane that all 3 judges had him up by 4.

It seemed kinda conflicting on the original air of the card, because bernstein was arguing that chad might drop back to 168, but in the interview afterward chad seemed pretty adamant that he wanted to be at 175. That might just be because theres a decent fight on the horizon against tarver, but i would think if he can make 168, thats got to be the more lucrative division going forward, moreso if some of the non-us fighters can make a splash in the states.

Chad doesn't want to be the future of LHW. He wants to be the future of SMW. He has trouble making it up to LHW.
He said he had no intention of fighting ar SMW in his post fight interview.

I imagine a guy his size would have problem making it down to 175. Not the other way around.

i hear ya on that Seano but lets say he does say he's going to move down...wouldn't that make him sound like he's running from 175? Like he doesn't want to fight there anymore?

Prefight he said he was entertaining the idea and i can see why he said what he said.

Did you notice Gary Shaw standing right next to him? That's the reason he said he might not re-match Johnson as well, because ultimately Gary has to be behind what decision he makes unless he wants legal issues.

The word in the locker room and Gym > the word in front of the camera and a shady Promoter.

With the way tarver looked against woods, i don't think that'd be a smart for chad.

If Johnson could hurt him that bad, ithink he'd be in deep deep trouble when tarver catches him. and Tarver will.

I honestly don't think he's physically strong enough for the big LHW's and while learning under Eddie, isn't technical to keep them off (ie - defend a right-hand).

Back