Dawson v Diaconu

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's see if this will work a second time around.
Diaconu beat Henry and Dawson beat Johnson.

I'm assuming this fight will be mentioned pretty soon.
Diaconu (from the few rounds I watched) looked pretty powerful, but doesn't seem to have alot of energy. However, Dawson didn't seem to be too skilled at keeping Johnson from getting in close and landing.

If it happens I'm still pulling for Dawson, but not as certain as I was before.

Don't know why Dawson would fight Diaconu when Tarver would be much more money.

I think Diaconu will face Glen Johnson soon.

Diacanu barely got past Henry and some feel that even that was questionable... I honestly have a hard time seeing him KO or even beating Dawson
Especially since if they ever fought it probably wouldnt be in Romania

Cody, you might be right.
Before Johnson v Dawson I was heavily leaning toward Dawson (if matched up with Diaconu).
However, Johnson clipped Dawson's chin a few times and had him wobbled. I wasn't too impressed with Dawson's ability to fight in close and not too impressed with his ability to keep Johnson on the outside.

Now, Diaconu didn't look great against Henry either. I only watched about 4 rounds of that fight (later rounds). For as short as Diaconu is he was able to get in close enough to land big shots on Henry. Shots that had Henry wobbled.

From my perspective Dawson is still favored.... but not by as much.

Stop the nonsense about that fight being controversial. The only person who doesn't agree with the decision is you.

I'll find links from earlier in the fight so you can watch that too, Barman.

Stop the nonsense about that fight being controversial. The only person who doesn't agree with the decision is you.

I'll find links from earlier in the fight so you can watch that too, Barman.

I'm not saying that it was controversial anymore. I heard that, but I also heard Diaconu was knocked down into the ropes.... So initially I thought that Diaconu got a gift - however, I never actually saw any of the fight.
Then I got a chance to watch a few of the rounds. I saw the "knockdown" and to me, it didn't look like a knockdown at all. Just looked like Diaconu was squatting and weaving and fell on his butt.... nothing more.
The other round I saw, I think it was late but the round number was too blurry to make out, Diaconu looked pretty strong. He took Henry's punches and then wobbled Henry a bit. At the end of the round it looked as if Henry might be taken out, but there wasn't enough time for Diaconu to follow up.

So, I really can't say what happened. I'm certainly more skeptical of the claims that it was controversial - at least from what I have seen thus far.

Back