Dawson-Pascal...Who do you got?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by JArkin770, Jul 25, 2010.

1. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Looking forward to the August 14th fight between Chad Dawson and Jean Pascal in Montreal Canada. I expect Dawson to pull the win off by decision because hes too fast and too good for Pascal who gave up rounds to a 43 year old Silvio Branco and hasn't fought the talent of a Chad Dawson, plus Pascal will probably use his bum shoulder as an excuse if he loses.

Just want to hear what you all think will happen in this fight and who will win.

2. Gontran

Gontran Amateur Fighter

Dawson probably but i'm rooting hard for Pascal and I think that if he does fight to 100% of his ability he actually has a solid chance

3. enswell****

enswell**** Blue Belt

Dawson.

Ought to be a good competitive maych, but I can't see Pascal pulling off the win.
    Skills. Just better skills and fundamentals out of Dawson. More depth.
    Pascal relies too much on athleticism.

That can be done if you've got absolutely amazing athleticism like a prime Roy Jones, but Pascal's athleticism is not at that level. What he does have will work on a Top 10 guy, but not Top 3 guys.

He's got Heart, but if he worked at becoming more multi-dimensional and focused more on the science of Boxing, he'd take it to the next level and be trouble for anybody.
    Most likely, he'll probably just keep relying on the athleticism and Heart though.

4. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Beating Diaconu and Silvio Branco will not prepare you for a guy like Dawson, these Canadian guys can built up to look like god in their native country, but most of them end up sucking when they face even half way legit guys, i.e Demers when he fought Brian Vera who KOed him in the 3rd round, the only two legit guys I see out of Canada is Lucian Bute and David Lemieux.

5. Gontran

Gontran Amateur Fighter

Yeah you're talking out of your ass pretty much, making these big generalizations about "canadian boxing". Demers has never been built up to look like a god. He's a pretty liked/popular fighter locally, but no one here prior to the vera loss thought of him as world class really. I mean even a few years back, we didn't really expect him to beat AA.

6. Taro

Taro Purple Belt

I'm a big fan of Dawson, very solid boxer.

7. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

PASCAL!! PASCAL!!! PASCAL!!!!

One of my favorite boxers.
    Can't root against him.

If only Mack would have beaten G. Johnson.

Because a tourney with:
    Mack v Cloud
    and
    Dawson v Pascal
    would have been amazing.

8. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Dawson by UD. 11 rds to 1.

9. quickdraw***

quickdraw*** Blue Belt

sorry MC but I think Bad Chad takes his ass too school.

Ima go with 9 to 3

10. uppercuts21

uppercuts21 Brown Belt

LOL, yeah Dawson has fought a bunch of world beaters. When was the last time he fought somebody under the age of 40. Congrats Dawson, you beat old, past his prime Tarver TWICE and Glen Johnson who is a tough, durable but limited fighter.

This will be a good fight, Dawson is the favourite but im cheering for Pascal.

11. Lazy Man

Lazy Man Heavyweight Champion of the World

Pascal will not win this.

12. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

The difference is...at the time Johnson was and still is a top 5 LHW and Tarver was floating around the bottom of the top 10, Diaconu and Branco are a bunch of nobodies. Plus HBO has interest and still does in showcasing Glen Johnson, I've never seen them ask for Diaconu or Branco, and they won't want Pascal after he loses to Dawson. What I worry about, after watching several canadian recent fights on DVD, there better be no homecooking with Gerry Bowlen or Michael Griffin or Marlon Wright reffing, and lets not hope for the usual trio of french canadian judges that usually grace these fights.

13. JerseyRob

JerseyRob Brown Belt

I really hope if Chad completely outclasses Pascal that we don't have to hear injury excuses but I think we will. Chad UD is the call.

14. prod2821

prod2821 Gold Belt

Dawson baby! Hopefully he's a bit more aggressive and wins by KO or TKO

15. da_ghost

da_ghost Orange Belt

I am quite hyped about this fight, since I'm going to see it at the Bell Center.

I do not believe it will be as one sided as most people are suggesting.

It will be a very tight fight and Pascal has a knack for stealing rounds. The french Canadian also has an under rated strength.

16. brian13

brian13 Brown Belt

Dawson but I would love to see Pascal win because he is great to watch.

17. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

We probably will. Pascal relies on going for the knockout, throwing wild but missing punches, doing that w/ Dawson will be nothing but a big mistake, he will tire himself out mid way through the fight and Dawson will dominant. I believe someone said this eariler in the post, but I say 11 rounds to Pascal's 1, Dawson wins by a wide margin, and send those Canadian fans with their tail between their legs back home. USA USA USA

18. uppercuts21

uppercuts21 Brown Belt

How in the world does Tarver float around the top 10 after being completely inactive and fighting mid-level fighters since his LOSS to Bhop in 2006?

Listen, im a fan of GJ but the guy has lost his fair share of fights. Hes a good, tough, relentless fighter who gives it his all in every fight but hes limited. Dawson didnt write the book on how to beat GJ, its been written PLENTY of times.

Diaconu is a good fighter and Pascal has been in there with a world-class fighter in Carl Froch. I cant say the same about Dawson. With that said, I still like Dawson and it should be a good fight.

19. rsreed13

rsreed13 Yellow Belt

I've got Dawson in this one. Can't wait to watch it.

20. JArkin770

JArkin770 White Belt

Your right, Johnson has lost alot, but he's still at the top of rankings, Diaconu beat Chris Henry in his native Romania, I'd like to see that in a neutral place, but Henry isn't THAT great, he beat Garay a few months back pretty quickly but Garay was a paper champ. Pascal was in with the best at 168 and LOST, thats why he moved up, simple as that, what's he going to do when he loses to Dawson? Move up to crusierweight so he can make a buck and salvage his name in Canada? Bute is a great boxer, no denying that, but I want to see him fight a Sergio Martinez possibly or Andre Ward after the Super Six, Edison Miranda was and is a joke. Andrade was an impressive win for a guy with an iron chin, Bute is the only legit guy up North, I was excited when Andrade stopped Lucas, who is way over the hill and should of never came back after the lost to Kessler