Davis - Gustafsson II: Who Would You Favor?

I got Davis by decision.

Think Gus will get taken down and GnP for 3 rounds. Bones wanted to beat Gus at his own game with strikes, if he went for the takedown straight away he would have got it.
334.gif

ufc.165.gustafsson.yv1erfd.gif

Davis must have a much better sense of Gus's range and timing than Jones does, so his single leg and chain wrestling would probably be more effective. Despite not being a very good offensive striker, Davis does avoid damage well and Gus showed very little ability to avoid body kicks that would score points.

Despite that, I would have to agree with most of you and see Gus winning with boxing and movement. Davis needs to continue to improve his footwork and transitions from striking to wrestling.

I got Davis by decision.

Think Gus will get taken down and GnP for 3 rounds. Bones wanted to beat Gus at his own game with strikes, if he went for the takedown straight away he would have got it.

Wake up whitebelt, Jones tried for 10+ takedowns.

Did Jones go for a takedown in the first 2 minutes of the fight??

That GIF. Do you see how off balance Jones was when he got taken down? Was jones down for longer then 20 seconds?

I don't think it's easy to call. They are obviously learning a lot from each other, and we could see Davis being able to keep it standing against Machida (who'd think this would be possible??) and Gus being able to stuff tds against Jones (again, who'd think?). Maybe Davis would give a lot of trouble to Jones as well. LHW suddenly is a lot more interesting, thanks to how JJ looked confused and lost against Gus.

Davis can barely strike and had trouble taking Machida down. Gus by ample margin!

I don't think it's easy to call. They are obviously learning a lot from each other, and we could see Davis being able to keep it standing against Machida (who'd think this would be possible??) and Gus being able to stuff tds against Jones (again, who'd think?). Maybe Davis would give a lot of trouble to Jones as well. LHW suddenly is a lot more interesting, thanks to how JJ looked confused and lost against Gus.

20130921_jla_sx9_617.0_standard_352.0.jpg

What?

It's hard to say. Gus' tdd looked phenomenal against jones. However, this is largely because of the work he's been doing with Davis, so Davis would know a lot more about what gus can do effectively and what he cant.

dunno who would win tbh, all would come down to whether or not davis could get him down imo

Davis's impact on Gustafsson's wrestling is very overstated. He already had great TDD prior to their fight, and he trains with Swedish Olympic wrestlers.

I'll never understand why people chime in without actually watching the fights, or having some kind of insight, or knowing the details. They just have to share their opinion even though it's worthless and nobody cares to hear it.

Davis can barely strike and had trouble taking Machida down. Gus by ample margin!

20130921_jla_sx9_617.0_standard_352.0.jpg

What?

Lost and confused are synonyms, and "lost and confused" are often used together. He didn't use it in the sense that he lost a contest.

Also just showing Jon with his hands raised after an arbitrary decision doesn't mean he can't think that he lost and Gus won.

Davis's impact on Gustafsson's wrestling is very overstated. He already had great TDD prior to their fight, and he trains with Swedish Olympic wrestlers.

I'll never understand why people chime in without actually watching the fights, or having some kind of insight, or knowing the details. They just have to share their opinion even though it's worthless and nobody cares to hear it.

I was going to give you a proper response.....then I realized all that really merits is a "go fuck yourself" so....

f-u-all.gif

I got Davis by decision.

Yeah, he wanted to stand with him, thats why he went for his first (failed) takedown at 28 seconds into the fight.... But I guess if he had done it within the first ten seconds he would definitley have gotten it..... Right???

His TDD this past week answers your question

Watch round 4. Jones were getting blasted in the stand up and tried to take him down 3-4 times, lol. He couldn't take Gus down, he tried the whole fight.

i see gustafsson stuffing the takedowns and ko/tkoing davis imo

Back