David Tua vs Lennox Lewis

Tua wasn't in the best shape for that bout but even prime Tua probably doesn't get past Lewis. I just don't think he had the speed to go around Lewis's jab to get on the inside.. I definately think he could of been an undisputed champ but he just failed shortly at the small chances he got, Tua was a pretty good example of an under achiever...but I believe on any day, he had a solid shot of a punchers chances against just about any heavyweight.

He did have a good career and beat some solid former champs...it's a sad case really, I don't think he gets huge name recognition anymore and has huge debt to his name.

Lewis boxed his balls off. Against Tua and Tyson, two guys who liked to explode right off the bat, Lewis came actually aggressive to start and stifled what his opponents did by clinching. Then he'd settle into his jab, hit, and hold all night. I liked Tua too. Wasn't that his only title shot??

I believe so...he missed on two oppurtunities dropping a loss to Chris Byrd & the Raham rematch. He did win a bunch of national/state tournys/belts though beating notable names.

Lewis used him as a heavy bag, where at the end even Tuas haircut gave up.

Lennox had the beating of Tua at all times I believe. But I think he was nearing the end of his peak, still tough though, but Lewis neutralized him well, not that it was really difficult

Back