David Teymur vs Charles Oliveira

Oliveira is very strong and has one of the tightest bodylocks. Teymur doesn't strike me as athletic.

Very interesting fight. Very interesting card, better than 234 imo.

Leaning Bronx but it feels very 50/50. The opposite of Adesanya/Anderson.

Why would you have Teymur? What makes you think he can stop Charles' BJJ?
Because his takedown defence and counter wrestling is straight up excellent and his striking far better than Charles.

Charles probably spams takedown attempts and when that fails he'll just quit and get TKO'd in the second.

The crazy thing with Charles Oliveira is that he is so god damn strong and technical that if he gets his bodylock, most times guys are going down, and as soon as they hit the mat they are usually already in a submission.

Yay! So glad Teymur finally got a fight.
He's been saying that he has a really tough time getting fights, cause not many guys want to fight one of the most dangerous unranked fighters.

Another win would likely mean he'd end up in the top15.
Cause looking at the bottom of the top15 you've got Dan Hooker - who hasn't beaten many names and was finished by Barboza in his last fight, and Hernandez who was finished by Cowboy.

Meanwhile, if Teymur wins this one he'd have 6 straight UFC wins (with his last being against decent names; Lando, Klose, Lentz, Oliveira)
Being an exciting stand-up fighter is probably a plus too.

I have no idea if he can handle the BJJ of Oliviera though. Could go either way in my book.

Last edited:
Teymur is gonna make it look easy, Aloe Vera lacks heart.

Teymur hasn't been up against anybody with as successful of a submission game in the UFC as Oliveira.

To put it in perspective: Teymur's five UFC opponents have fought a total of 35 fights in the UFC and only won two fights by submission (both Nik Lentz, who has 21 UFC fights). To be compared with Oliveira who has 22 fights in the UFC and has won 12 of them by submission.

Teymur may be able to pull it off, but he is in new waters.

Charles is becoming a legend. Amazing career of submissions.

Teymur most likely.

Oliveira is so hit or miss.

It’s right around time for him to come out, get caught with something , get that look in his eyes and quit

USually goes on solid 2-3 fight run when he looks like a legit contender prior

Teymur lost on TUF to a guy with a .500 post-UFC record in KSW. Do Bronx by whatever title-eliminastor-creating-sub arises.

Teymur lost on TUF to a guy with a .500 post-UFC record in KSW. Do Bronx by whatever title-eliminastor-creating-sub arises.

Marcin had like 12 career fights at that point and Teymur had like 4.

It was also a 2 round fight that ended in a majority decision.

Teymur wins the rematch.

Why are people sleeping on Oliveira's stand-up? Even if he can't get Teymur on the ground, he's capable of hurting him on the feet as well. His muay-thai is extremely slick.

Teymer should change his nickname to lion.

D lion Teymer..

30082016LionTamer-1024x576.jpg

Why are people sleeping on Oliveira's stand-up? Even if he can't get Teymur on the ground, he's capable of hurting him on the feet as well. His muay-thai is extremely slick.
I don't think it's nowhere as slick as Teymur's. Have you watched his fights? Teymur has showed he can wrestle before and I think Oliveira will have a hard time taking him down.

Teymer should change his nickname to lion.
He should, actually.

I remember laughing so hard when his cornerman (maybe his brother) screamed loudly in swedish during a fight, "You're a LION!"
(Maybe that's not such an odd thing to say in english, but it sounds really unusual to hear that kind of pep-talk in swedish)

Last edited:
Teymur, then he really needs to be considered in the title picture

Back