David Pakman Does Long Form Spanish Interview

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I've largely been avoiding the War Room the last week or so, only coming here when I get a notification, but I figured this would be pretty light heart-ed and people here would be interested.

Anyway, David Pakman is a popular left-wing political commentator based in Boston who has over 1 million subscribers on YouTube, and The David Pakman Show also airs on hundreds of radio/TV stations in the US as well as on the Free Speech TV network and Amazon Prime.

A lot of long time/frequent viewers/listeners know that David was born and partially raised in Argentina and is fluent in Spanish, but he hasn't really released any Spanish-language content until now.

He did an hour-long interview with Cristóbal Colón where he goes into more details than before about his past and his family history and how he adjusted to the English language and American culture as a child after immigrating to the US. He also talks about starting early on YouTube and how he built his program from the ground up.

It's an interesting view and has accurate closed captioning subtitles in English for those who don't speak Spanish well or at all. Enjoy!

https://davidpakman.com/about/stations/

Last edited:
I can't remember, do you hate Jimmy Dore or enjoy him?

I haven't watched that neo-nazi, bullied gay teen suicide and harasser of women since the Gamer Gate fiasco.

I can't remember, do you hate Jimmy Dore or enjoy him?
I agree with him a lot and like a lot of his content, but also have disagreements with some of the things he's said and done.

They seem to be speaking in a strange dialect.
Cristóbal Colón is based in Puerto Rico. David Pakman is Argentinian-American, mostly raised in Boston in the US. I'm guessing Colón speaks standard Puerto Rican Spanish. Pakman has said his Spanish is influenced by his Argentinian background, but I'm sure the fact that he's lived in the US most of his life has affected his accent.

Pakman lost all credibility when he said trump hired a crisis actor imo

Straight up alex jones take

Pakman lost all credibility when he said trump hired a crisis actor imo

Straight up alex jones take
Wasn't familiar with that, but I haven't been a big fan of his latest content, he was better before. He's become more of a standard liberal pundit instead of an independent left-wing commentator.

Cristóbal Colón is based in Puerto Rico. David Pakman is Argentinian-American, mostly raised in Boston in the US. I'm guessing Colón speaks standard Puerto Rican Spanish. Pakman has said his Spanish is influenced by his Argentinian background, but I'm sure the fact that he's lived in the US most of his life has affected his accent.

He sounds like an Argentine.

I had never heard of Pakman nor Colon before clicking on this thread. I listened to the first 10 minutes of the video. Pakman's accent changes a lot when he speaks to the point that it sounds inauthentic. It's clear that English is his dominant language, as a lot of his Spanish pronunciation sounds like that of native English speaker who learned to speak fluent Spanish as a second language. He puts on a very over-the-top sheísmo in an attempt to sound porteño (somebody from Buenos Aires). It honestly sounds like he is trying to imitate how porteños speak, but then he forgets to keep doing that and the dominance of his English comes through again and again. Colon, on the other hand, seems to be consciously speaking in a pan-Latin American accent, like that of a newscaster. I bet he sounds noticeably different off-camera.

I had never heard of Pakman nor Colon before clicking on this thread. I listened to the first 10 minutes of the video. Pakman's accent changes a lot when he speaks to the point that it sounds inauthentic. It's clear that English is his dominant language, as a lot of his Spanish pronunciation sounds like that of native English speaker who learned to speak fluent Spanish as a second language. He puts on a very over-the-top sheísmo in an attempt to sound porteño (somebody from Buenos Aires). It honestly sounds like he is trying to imitate how porteños speak, but then he forgets to keep doing that and the dominance of his English comes through again and again. Colon, on the other hand, seems to be consciously speaking in a pan-Latin American accent, like that of a newscaster. I bet he sounds noticeably different off-camera.
Thanks for the insight.

Back