David Olney (Singer/Songwriter) dies in the middle of a song onstage

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
From CNN:

"Americana singer and songwriter David Olney, whose music was recorded by Linda Ronstadt, Steve Young, Emmylou Harris and others, died of an apparent heart attack while performing on stage in Florida Saturday, according to a statement on his website. He was 71.

Olney stopped in the middle of a song and paused, said "I'm sorry," and "put his chin to his chest," said fellow singer-songwriter Scott Miller, who was performing with Olney at the 30A Songwriters Festival in Santa Rosa Beach.
"He never dropped his guitar or fell (off) his stool," Miller wrote on Facebook. "It was as easy and gentle as he was."..."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/19/us/david-olney-death/index.html

Kind of a nice way to go. We're all going to go at some point and that's probably one of the best ways to go... peacefully doing what you love.

Is there video? What a great way to go out.

Although I'm sure it hurt like hell

Here's a video from the earlier in the day. Seemed like a nice guy:

Better to die on stage in front of people who love you than on the toilet.

they never mention the part of people evacuating their bowels post mortem smh liberal media making death seem beautiful.

Hey, I can finally say this without a hint of snark:

At least he died doing what he loved.

they never mention the part of people evacuating their bowels post mortem smh liberal media making death seem beautiful.

Sure, because I'm sure that would be the first thing they mention on Fox news:

"Singer Evacuates Bowels on Stage"

Hey ever since I got my bidet I enjoy evacuating my bowels too.

Don't want to die in the middle though.

I'm guessing singers shit and piss before they go on stage. Would be akward to take a break to do so.

Shannon Hoon did his best to combine the two...

giphy.gif

Back