David Morcegao shows a de la Riva Lasso Butterfly Sweep

As always- great video.

I have success with this on the blue and below crowd, but am struggling to hit it on higher level guys. Typically, if its stymied its due to tremendous weight shift to the other side, or they quasi stand - base with the kneeling leg. Is there a "next step" to this sequence, or am I missing something in the initial?

thanks-

I know this is completely off topic @Invisible Jiu Jitsu but do you have anything for when in mount the bottom guy puts hands on your hips and just shrimps really hard (this is more a problem with big powerful guys). I usually try to move to knee on belly but I’ve seen some people triangle their legs but I can’t find anything on it. Any ideas?

As always- great video.

I have success with this on the blue and below crowd, but am struggling to hit it on higher level guys. Typically, if its stymied its due to tremendous weight shift to the other side, or they quasi stand - base with the kneeling leg. Is there a "next step" to this sequence, or am I missing something in the initial?

thanks-

next step video just went up yesterday on jiu jitsu times facebook page and i will post on my channel in a couple of weeks :)

I know this is completely off topic @Invisible Jiu Jitsu but do you have anything for when in mount the bottom guy puts hands on your hips and just shrimps really hard (this is more a problem with big powerful guys). I usually try to move to knee on belly but I’ve seen some people triangle their legs but I can’t find anything on it. Any ideas?

the classic response is a switch to technical mount

the classic response is a switch to technical mount
Obviously that works well if they bridge but is that viable when they are framing well whilst shrimping because they almost feel too far away. Maybe I’m just doing it too slowly. I usually pull on the back of their head to stop them moving to far from me then hop into knee on belly. I’ll try to find a video of the specific thing I’m talking about.

4:25 in this video, he triangles his legs in response.

Any thoughts would be great, I’m pretty good at keeping the full mount but if I lose it, it tends to be like this.

well in that video he's trying the hip bump and escape to butterfly, not shrimping escape, so triangling the legs or sitting upright is the correct response

Back