David Loiseau's career is pure awesome!

Not really. Well yes, but just because UFC was ok having him as the posterboy and not investing much money in contenders. They even got rid of Matt Lindland, in a winning streak. Lindland was ugly and boring, but could have beaten Rich.
Franklin would have KOed Lindland just like Lawler and Vitor did.

Lindland was overrated as fuck. He was a good fighter and had some good wins but he had major deficiencies and was no where near as good as his fans tried to say he was.

I remember lots of people on here saying he would beat Anderson... he would have been prominently featured on Anderson's highlight reel.

Last edited:
First time I've heard of mma was because of Loiseau. He had decent exposure over here in Montreal and lead the way to GSP, Côté, Stout, Goulet and many more.

I was young back then and didn't know much but, for me, he was the best in the world

Lindland was overrated as fuck. He was a good fighter and had some good wins but he had major deficiencies and was no where near as good as his fans tried to say he was.

I remember lots of people on here saying he would beat Anderson... he would have been prominently featured on Anderson's highlight reel.

Anyone can get KOed by Lawler (who is a very capable deffensive wrestler btw) and Vitor fucking Belfort.
Yeah, Franklin could have beat Lindland but he could have had big problems dealing with his top notch wrestling as well.
Wasnt he a more legit threat than Loiseau, Quarry or even Tanner, in your opinion?

Rewatching his fights on fightpass right now. Dude was a killer. In his prime I think he'd still be a problem for most MW these days. Also Joe Rogan sounds SO young

Yup war Crow. Boy was he fun to watch. Had some nasty elbows and really created "Hellbows". HE was a great striker. Unfortunately, RIch just carved him up for 5 rounds and never recovered.

loiseau_david_487_381.jpg

latest

Anyone can get KOed by Lawler (who is a very capable deffensive wrestler btw) and Vitor fucking Belfort.
Yeah, Franklin could have beat Lindland but he could have had big problems dealing with his top notch wrestling as well.
Wasnt he a more legit threat than Loiseau, Quarry or even Tanner, in your opinion?

I don't think he sucks, just that he was never the world beater he was made out to be in here.

The division was weak then so he would have been a relatively good opponent for Franklin, better than Nate Quarry for sure but I'm not sure he would have been a tougher test than Loiseau or Tanner. His striking was stiff and awkward, Franklin would have KOed him stiff in my humble opinion.

I don't think he sucks, just that he was never the world beater he was made out to be in here.

The division was weak then so he would have been a relatively good opponent for Franklin, better than Nate Quarry for sure but I'm not sure he would have been a tougher test than Loiseau or Tanner. His striking was stiff and awkward, Franklin would have KOed him stiff in my humble opinion.

Rich had the advantage standing. Maybe he couldn't stuff all the takedowns but Rich was a very good grappler in his own right and would've gave Lindland a hard time.

Rewatching his fights on fightpass right now. Dude was a killer. In his prime I think he'd still be a problem for most MW these days. Also Joe Rogan sounds SO young

I was Watching him fight in TKO when i was 11 on french TV, thats how i was introduced to "extreme combat" we used to call IT hehe

Lindland fans?

First time I've heard of mma was because of Loiseau. He had decent exposure over here in Montreal and lead the way to GSP, Côté, Stout, Goulet and many more.

I was young back then and didn't know much but, for me, he was the best in the world

There were some great characters coming down from Canada back then. That was a great time to become a fan. I was sad to see Goulet fizzle. I was hoping for more from him.

Dude had some vicious elbows. He was definitely one of my favorite middleweights for a couple years back in the day.

He was a tougher test than those guys, man. Look at his fights by that time, he was very dominant against legit fighters. He was almost 40 in the Belfort and Lawler losses.
Franklin's grappling ability was rather weak imo, would have a hard time deffending such a high level wrestler

lindland would not shower for a few weeks before a fight just so his opponents would have to deal with him being smelly lol

Lindland vs bowel problems Yoel for the MW belt would have emptied out Madison Square Garden.

if i remember correctly Loiseau had debilitating anxiety during his fighting time.

Back