David Horowitz “racism in this country that is the real problem is black racism”"Obama is a slaver"

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by seiger, Dec 23, 2016.

1. seiger

seiger Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland Banned

Chilling in a Celtic top, in Strandtown Belfast
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...oblem-with-racism-in-america-is-black-racism/

Horowitz told Indianapolis radio host Greg Garrison on December 14 that President Obama was wrong when he told The Daily Show host Trevor Noah that “we've by no means overcome the legacies of slavery and Jim Crow and colonialism and racism” but that “the progress we've made has been real and extraordinary.”

Obama, Horowitz said, is “one of the slavers.”

“After all,” he said, “it’s the Democrats who've got these people trapped in these inner cities where they control the school systems which fail, which they never change and so forth. There isn't one truth in this. I mean, he’s just always letting slip out of the bag his anti-Americanism. And he’s also said that racism is in the DNA of this country. No it isn't. Every black person in this country is a free person today because of America. It’s liberty that’s in the DNA. But, you know, the truth of it is, is there’s this legacy of black racism. The racism in this country that is a real problem is black racism today, and you see it everywhere. It’s certainly not white people. I know that’s very politically incorrect to say but it’s the facts.”

strong stuff. i think its important to look at racism as a two way street, as all people are capable of it, and its naive to imagine that black people would have a non racist view point across the board, or that reactionary racism is ok because of past sins. it isnt. racism is racism and we dont excuse reactionary pedos.

lastly, i imagine this guy is a right wing wanker, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. why is there no appreciation of black racism? its just another example of double standards.

Blackened likes this.
  2. Pwent

Pwent Guest

i agree with him, its a culture within the black community that they can only solve themselves

think he went too far in calling obama a slaver though

lecter, WhitebeltXL and Blackened like this.
  3. EvilWasLittle

EvilWasLittle Banned Double Yellow Card

I want to live on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Everyone leave me the fuck alone. I'm getting pissed off that I get pissed off so much.

4. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun not-so-grand mufti of Sherdog

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    I've heard of this guy. He's a pretty basic, partisan thinker who has said little of value from what I've heard from him. Nothing he said here has changed my mind.

TurboHolocaust, Quipling and M3t4tr0n like this.
  5. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Sheriff of Sherfront

He's an idiot

Kafir-kun likes this.
  6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I actually don't think he made a very coherent argument there at all.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  7. Kafir-kun

He just spews partisan rhetoric against the Democrats.

Which I guess would mean he's right at home here in the WR.

Sycho Sid, Essie and nac386 like this.
  8. Seraldo Babalu

Seraldo Babalu Green Belt

He's actually a huge piece of shit and needs to go away. Thought he was dead for some reason.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  9. 44nutman

44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

Obama is a slaver, such a hot take.
    This is why politicos on both sides can not be taken seriously anymore. It is just one hot take after another.
    Trump is not a nazi, nationalist I will give you but not a nazi. Obama is not a slaver. See when you can only get noticed by being outlandish, then maybe you should get better at articulating your message.

Bald1 and Kafir-kun like this.
  10. JudoThrowFiasco

JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

Is anyone going to try and refute him or just continue to call someone with more education, from better institutions than they have, an idiot?

11. Kafir-kun

Refute the claim that Obama is a slaver? Lol.

nac386 and Higus like this.
  12. ndwolfwood

ndwolfwood Rue and Lament It

"Muslim, Kenyan, Communist, Slaver - The Barack Obama Story"

Coming 2017 to your bookshelves.

nac386 and Kafir-kun like this.
  13. JudoThrowFiasco

That was an sensationalized statement, agreed. But i didn't take it in the literal sense. It's a take that the he and other democratic politicians use the continuance of black plight to enhance their voter base. It's an old argument but one used be conservative academics and i still have not seen someone refute it.

WhitebeltXL and Blackened like this.
  14. Higus

Higus Silver Belt

Ever heard of the Brandolini's law?

Kafir-kun likes this.
  15. Renard

Renard Black Belt

Well I suppose the relevant question is intent. Are the democrats just bad at fixing problems in the black community, or are they not interested in the fixing the problems. Understanding a group's collective intent when you don't have access to their private conversations is difficult. But we got a peak into HRC's campaign and the DNC, and it doesn't seem like they really give a shit about ordinary people in general - regardless of colour. Obama was basically a status-quo president, pretty disappointing.

16. JudoThrowFiasco

If you got a rebuttal, then post it. If you feel your academic background proves you more of an authority on the matter, show it. Dont be lazy, homie.

17. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

Imagining Horowitz "a right wing wanker" is the first part of your problem. That's way too dismissive an attitude for someone with his unbelievable personal background. His memoir Radical Son ought to be required reading for anyone who wants to offer an opinion on American politics

18. Kafir-kun

Political parties use grievances, often ones connected to group identities, to rally voters. Its hardly a phenomenon unique to Democrats. Republicans do the same with lower class, rural white voters. The GOP has controlled those areas fairly consistently and in fact middle aged whites are one of the few demographics to see a rise in mortality, mostly from suicide iirc.

The fact that he thinks the legacy of black racism is the real problem is silly. Jim Crow is still within living memory and behind it there has been hundreds of years of institutionalized racism against blacks. To think that the 50 years since the passing of the Civil Rights Act was enough to undo this and its only the complicity of the Democrats in the suffering of blacks that maintains it is him being a partisan hack.

Think about it, even if we assume that Obama is an anti-white racist he's been our only anti-white president. Throughout our history, how many presidents have we had that have been anti-black racists? How many police chiefs, governors and senators? Do you really think that throughout US history anti-white racists have held more positions of political and economic power and had more influence on African Americans and the US in general than anti-black racists?

Higus likes this.
  19. JudoThrowFiasco

Well, i don't think Obama was anti white. And i agree that lasting effects from previous policy still hurt some people. However, Johnson's initiatives came with, at least in part, the goal of "keeping ____ voting democrat for 200 years." I agree that both sides pander in order to keep bases, but this is about the usage of black plight to enhance ones standing; i dont think Obama directly did anything to drastically further, but relations have degenerated under his watch.

Aside from what Obama did, or did not do -- the central theme of the article is the rise of non white racists -- and whether their actions are now a threat or not. i see a lot of people come at this with the notions that whites were the main culprits of racism for x amount of years, so now this is karma. Whether that is an acceptable mantra and whether or not this will bridge divisiveness will be seen. I think it's counter productive.

20. Kafir-kun

Horowitz is making the claim that Democrats intentionally keep blacks trapped in inner cities through their policies so its a bit more of a specific, and provocative, claim.
    Its one thing to talk about anti-white racism but its another to say its the primary problem of racism ITT and that anti-black racism is a thing of the past.