David Hogg is back and has picked up a few more topics to pontificate on

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
This kid is pretty funny, really. He justifies illegals because of stolen land and in the process, seems to go full-on-crazy racist without realizing it.

His words:
“The people that we’re advocating for, that we’re fighting for, are the people you don’t see on this stage. The people we’re advocating and fighting for are the over 10 million undocumented people that live in this country and are disproportionately affected by gun violence, who are so afraid they’re going to be deported that the crime goes unreported,” he said.

Offering an American guilt complex as the moral justification for illegal immigration, Hogg reiterated the popular progressive notion of the evils of colonization.

“Mass shootings have been happening for the last couple of centuries, ever since the advent of the gun. If we want to talk about mass shootings one of the first things we have to acknowledge is the battle of Wounded Knee, where over 100 Native Americans were slaughtered by the United States government,” he told the students. “We also have to acknowledge the fact that disproportionately Native Americans are underrepresented in our government and we also have to acknowledge how wrong it is that we call people illegal on stolen land.”

There's a lot more there and the kid using the 10 million figure is fake news. A Yale study has recently put the number at more than twice that.

Does the left care about anything this kid says or is he another "lone kook?"

We sure give this kid a lot of attention on here. The only time I hear his name is from people making threads who hate him.

We sure give this kid a lot of attention on here. The only time I hear his name is from people making threads who hate him.
If you are living under a rock, just type his name in youtube. He has been on multiple networks, multiple times.

Now, apparently, he is speaking at our Universities. He has been given a platform to spread his idiocy, that much we can agree on.

What I was wondering was if he represents the leftist ideals that he claims or is he labeled a "kook" by the left.

If you are living under a rock, just type his name in youtube. He has been on multiple networks, multiple times.

Now, apparently, he is speaking at our Universities. He has been given a platform to spread his idiocy, that much we can agree on.

What I was wondering was if he represents the leftist ideals that he claims or is he labeled a "kook" by the left.
He represents himself.

If you are looking for a left wing thought leader, people like Cornell West are out there for you to critique. He also appears on pop culture and network television.

Uh huh, David Hogg's ubiquitous media presence makes it impossible to think we possibly avoid talking about this kid. :rolleyes:

You linked collegefix.com. I've never even heard of that site.

The kid was present at a mass shooting. He should have been heard on topics relating to that experience, and has been heard. Beyond that, nobody cares about him at all. The people who seem to have the strongest feelings about this kid are the people making and spreading memes calling him a Nazi or comparing him to Hitler.

I think the more relevant question about his relevance would have be directed at those people.

Beyond that, nobody cares about him at all.
OK, good. So nobody else thinks all the illegals should be embraced, let alone because of stolen land.

The people who seem to have the strongest feelings about this kid are the people making and spreading memes calling him a Nazi or comparing him to Hitler.
I don't recall in any of those photos of Jews being shipped off on trains being armed. That is probably the point there, but just guessing.

Leftists have no idea how a successful country with high standards of living works. They cannot maintain such a country, only destroy it.

Bringing attention to people you hate doesn't make much sense. I wonder how many of the views of his videos are from people looking to hate on the kid?

seems to go full-on-crazy racist without realizing it.
Please elaborate on this statement of yours.

I don't like nor agree with illegal immigration but there's nothing in those few paragraphs to me that screams "full-on-crazy racist".

OK, good. So nobody else thinks all the illegals should be embraced, let alone because of stolen land.

Have you ever heard anybody else use that argument? Why are you relying on David Hogg for input on this? Just a silly approach. Immigration is discussed constantly on here, how could you not know where posters stand on this?

I don't recall in any of those photos of Jews being shipped off on trains being armed. That is probably the point there, but just guessing.

That's all it takes to call someone Hitler I guess? What a time to be alive.

Meanwhile there are people actually calling themselves Nazis and wearing Nazi garb, and some of the same posters will say those are not Nazis.

David Hogg = Nazi
Self described Nazi = Not a real Nazi

Therein lays the absurdity of posting here.

Please elaborate on this statement of yours.

I don't like nor agree with illegal immigration but there's nothing in those few paragraphs to me that screams "full-on-crazy racist".
From the link in the OP (you have to click it and then read what comes up):
Hogg ended his speech saying, “Right now the fact that Congress is mostly white and male, doesn’t look representative to me.”

Have you ever heard anybody else use that argument? Why are you relying on David Hogg for input on this?
Again... I don't, it's the leftist media and now schools that are trying to make him relevant. I am just pointing out the idiocy of it all.

Meanwhile there are people actually calling themselves Nazis and wearing Nazi garb, and some of the same posters will say those are not Nazis.

David Hogg = Nazi
Self described Nazi = Not a real Nazi

Therein lays the absurdity of posting here.

You seem confused, here:

MN.jpg

David Hogg is a kid that has a powerful voice, but he's in no way a leader of the Left. He can speak on various issues, but the kid is still a greenhorn.

Leftists have no idea how a successful country with high standards of living works. They cannot maintain such a country, only destroy it.

Historically speaking, the Left is what fought for high standards of living, especially expressed in public health, public education, and public works initiatives. Wherever in the United States you see civil rights, social security, and workers rights you see the Left's influence. Whenever theres been a depression or recession, Leftist ideas propelled the economy to soar from the bottom. You have no idea how a successful country with high standards of living works.

Hogg ended his speech saying, “Right now the fact that Congress is mostly white and male, doesn’t look representative to me.”

Again... I don't, it's the leftist media and now schools that are trying to make him relevant. I am just pointing out the idiocy of it all.

You seem confused, here:

MN.jpg

^ Panic meme.

You seem confused, here:

MN.jpg
To me your approach is lazy. There are plenty of left wing policy pieces out there to critique and instead you choose the low hanging fruit of a kid that just finished high school.

I also don't like it when TYT and the like go to Trump rallies to interview racist uninformed nobodies to prop them up as strawmen to shit on the right wing.

To me your approach is lazy. There are plenty of left wing policy pieces out there to critique and instead you choose the low hanging fruit of a kid that just finished high school.

I also don't like it when TYT and the like go to Trump rallies to interview racist uninformed nobodies to prop them up as strawmen to shit on the right wing.
Are you reading the thread. I am not doing it. MSM has plastered this kid all over every network and now he is speaking at Universities. His words need to be looked at, no?

Are you reading the thread. I am not doing it. MSM has plastered this kid all over every network and now he is speaking at Universities. His words need to be looked at, no?
Nope.

You are plastering it here, not cable news. Cable news promotes him because they know someone like you will eat it up and watch, not because they value his opinion. They do this shit all the time.

It's Tucker Carlsons go to move. I saw him interviewing a goth vampire dude the other day that had said he hexed Kavanaugh. That vampire a thought leader now?

He's a kid. Why are kids so confident about their politics today that they can authoritatively weigh in on several subjects across the board?

He's a kid. Why are kids so confident about their politics today that they can authoritatively weigh in on several subjects across the board?

There are people that are making millions from people watching them play video games. That's the world we live in. Any idiot with a webcam can post their political ideas, a lot of times the more insane their ideas are, the more views they get from people looking to be outraged. You guys are feeding the beast that you hate so much.

There are people that are making millions from people watching them play video games. That's the world we live in. Any idiot with a webcam can post their political ideas, a lot of times the more insane their ideas are, the more views that get from people looking to be outraged. You guys are feeding the beast that you hate so much.

I'm feeding the beast?

Back