David Haye rocks Deontay Wilder in sparring

Explain how Fury being open about suffering from depression and having suffered from suicidal thoughts in the past means he's not confident.

I've attempted suicide. (And failed, clearly.) I still find myself feeling confident in my work and other aspects of my life.

You can't sum up someone's mental health issues in a few sentences, especially without knowing them. Folk that suffer from depression are not automatically insecure. It's almost always far more complex.

Well I'm glad you failed....sorry to hear you had to battle through such depression.

I'm still confused as to why few in this thread are acknowledging the sparring partner who got caught is not Deontay Wilder. Thay guy is skinner and has at least 170 less tattoos.

Will the real Deontay Wilder please stand up?

I'm actually pretty excited for this fight.if haye is patient I reckon he gets the k/o.

No idea why people give Wilder such crap. So what if he isn't moving up the ladder as fast as YOU want.
I'm interested to see where his career takes him and in 2014 we'll find out the truth about him. His amateur career was limited but pretty successful as he entered professional boxing as work in progress.

How many of you have actually attended an elite sparring session? Do you really think elite fighters don't lose rounds or get rocked a bit? Not saying Wilder's elite, but if the best are getting tagged in sparring what makes Haye or Wilder any different? We saw highlights and not the entire session...

He is rumored to be up against Derek Chisora up next, that would a good test and step up for him.

He is rumored to be up against Derek Chisora up next, that would a good test and step up for him.

Doubt that fight happens, you dont go from fighting Liahovich to Chisora in one fight. Wilder needs to indeed fight better guys but not all of a sudden let him get through a Luis Ortiz, Charr, Johnathon Banks first before taking on a fringe top 10 heavyweight

29 fights and mostly cans. Its time he fought someone.

My post wasn't directed towards you but was directed to those who are impatient about his progress.

Why rush someone? If his people and him think it's time for a step up, then who would be more qualified than them?

I'll take Wilder's right hand and ammy international experience over Grant's athleticism.

EDIT: At first I was impatient as well but after awhile he has to do what's comfortable for him as long as he doesn't lose the hunger.

That's Wilder in the video I'm 99% sure about that. Haye brought Wach,Wilder, Towers and Dimitrenko for sparring in his camp and that is obviously Wilder you can't see the tattoos because they're almost the same colour as his skin lol. And he's 6'7'' and only 230 so he looks "skinny" but that's him. They probably put the bit of him hitting Haye in it because Wilder didn't want to make it look like he was getting schooled in sparring

That's Wilder in the video I'm 99% sure about that. Haye brought Wach,Wilder, Towers and Dimitrenko for sparring in his camp and that is obviously Wilder you can't see the tattoos because they're almost the same colour as his skin lol. And he's 6'7'' and only 230 so he looks "skinny" but that's him. They probably put the bit of him hitting Haye in it because Wilder didn't want to make it look like he was getting schooled in sparring

I see your point about the tattoos and his skin tone washing them out, but it still looks like there is a complete absebce of them on the dude getting caught. Also it's not just that the guy is lean, his frame looks smaller. I see Wilder wraping up in the beginning, but still not sold that his him.

Oh well. Enough studying other mens bodies for me today.

Man.... Fury better get that overhand shit under control. Haye will kill him with that thing.

To me it suggests the exact opposite. It would suggest that Fury is that confident that Haye won't knock him out that he's speaking openly about fighting again one month later - he wouldn't be fighting again so soon with a concussion.

Personally I think the kickboxing stuff is just Tyson Fury bring Tyson Fury and not much will come of it in the end. But I don't see this fight as a sure thing for Haye.

How do you feel about Fury in this fight? Think he'll pull it off?

Doubt that fight happens, you dont go from fighting Liahovich to Chisora in one fight. Wilder needs to indeed fight better guys but not all of a sudden let him get through a Luis Ortiz, Charr, Johnathon Banks first before taking on a fringe top 10 heavyweight

I like Jonathon banks as a good test for Wilder, for Chisora I don't think it would be that steep I don't hold Chisora as high , he can get nailed with Right Hands and that is Wilder's best weapon

How do you feel about Fury in this fight? Think he'll pull it off?

Yeah. I'm leaning towards Fury.

Initially I thought Haye was going to kill Fury...and Happy boy and I had a long discussion about it...

Now i'm beginning to think Fury might have a small chance at pulling this off...

Fury is just too damn sloppy, if he doesn't make rookie errors and fights smart he will give Haye a run for his money...if he leaves himself wide open like he did with Cunningham, it's gonna be light's out.

Yeah. I'm leaning towards Fury.

wow, 1st time ive heard this! ( at least from some one who knows what they are talking about) how do you see him doing it? haye tiring? fury jabbing to a dec.? im of the general consensus haye ko's him early. still deciding if to bet 1-3rd or 4-6th.

Initially I thought Haye was going to kill Fury...and Happy boy and I had a long discussion about it...

Now i'm beginning to think Fury might have a small chance at pulling this off...

Fury is just too damn sloppy, if he doesn't make rookie errors and fights smart he will give Haye a run for his money...if he leaves himself wide open like he did with Cunningham, it's gonna be light's out.

He is sloppy as heck and bulldozes in leaving himself open, but I think for this fight he will get it under control. When he boxes tight he can look really good, good inside mauling ability, body shots, combos, long good jab with a good gas tank, he's like a lesser Riddick Bowe at this point and like Bowe, he can fight and scrap. If he gets it right, this is not good for Haye who doesn't do as well in hard paced fights. Haye needs time and space to do his thing and stand-offish fights suit him better, if Fury is on him spoiling, mauling, roughing him around, and landing, Haye will be gassed by the mid rounds. That is my take, and I think the big guy can fight this fight, His whole attitude has changed from what it was, taking it very seriously and in shape, so yeah I still think its 50:50 that Haye catches him early and KO's him or Fury mid/late with Haye getting stopped exhausted.

Back