David Benavidez vs Kyrone Davis Nov.13th PBC Showtime

So if Benavidez deosn't screw himself and wins he's Canelo's mandatory? Interesting.

That's a good string of fights, are those all confirmed? I thought most were still in negotiations lol.

Uzcategui's train was de-railed pretty badly by Plant and he hasn't looked good since. He's still a dangerous fighter, but Benavidez should be expected to look pretty good here.

I don't think Benavidez is a big threat to Canelo (but who is?), but he should beat up Uzcategui here.

I'm not watching David Benavidez fight again until it's against Charlo, Canelo or Plant. 2 of these fights are on the same side of the street and the Plant fight should have already happened.

I'm not watching David Benavidez fight again until it's against Charlo, Canelo or Plant. 2 of these fights are on the same side of the street and the Plant fight should have already happened.

I put most of this blame on Benavidez. I see him similar to Tank in that his handlers aren't willing to roll the dice until he can actually show that he can take the sport seriously for any amount of time. Much like Tank, there are positive signs he's finally taking things seriously and making use of his massive talent. With Canelo fighting Plant, there's nothing wrong with this matchup in the larger context of Benavidez and his career.

Benavidez/Uzcategui is actually an interesting clash of styles in my opinion. I expect this one to be a good fight. I was loving Uzcategui coming off of the 2 Actor Dirrell fights. Sad how bad he was derailed since then though. I’ll tune in

I put most of this blame on Benavidez. I see him similar to Tank in that his handlers aren't willing to roll the dice until he can actually show that he can take the sport seriously for any amount of time. Much like Tank, there are positive signs he's finally taking things seriously and making use of his massive talent. With Canelo fighting Plant, there's nothing wrong with this matchup in the larger context of Benavidez and his career.

If Benavidez gets through the Uzcategui test convincingly, who do you think he should/needs to fight next realistically?

I hope Benavidez makes a statement here. I just want to see him fight Ginger at some point and he’d better not disappoint if he wants to get the money.

Here are some good showdowns shaping up for Canelo after Plant floating at 168lbs. and 175lbs. Undefeated, battle tested opponents. Benavidez, Charlo, Zurdo, the Russian LHW champs. That's like 2 years worth of fights if he runs the gauntlet.

If Benavidez gets through the Uzcategui test convincingly, who do you think he should/needs to fight next realistically?

That's a good question. I don't really have an answer aside from the placid take that anyone he's comfortable with. I said he's like Tank, which means he has enough obvious talent and promotional backing to essentially fight who he wants to. If his handlers want him to fight Canelo soon, he will. Otherwise, it's like reading tea leaves.

That's a good question. I don't really have an answer aside from the placid take that anyone he's comfortable with. I said he's like Tank, which means he has enough obvious talent and promotional backing to essentially fight who he wants to. If his handlers want him to fight Canelo soon, he will. Otherwise, it's like reading tea leaves.
It’s going to depend what contract Canelo signs with PBC.

initially they offered him a 3 fight deal….
Plant, Charlo & Benavidez

The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and will feature the much-awaited return of longtime contender Jose Benavídez, the older brother of David Benavídez, facing Argentina’s Francisco Emanuel Torres in the 10-round super welterweight co-main event. Kicking off the telecast is undefeated contender Carlos Castro taking on former title challenger Oscar Escandon in a 10-round super bantamweight bout. The Benavídez brothers and Castro hail from Phoenix and have their sights set on impressing their hometown fans.

Back