Dave Schultz, Albano and Heyman vs pro-wrestling whistleblowers on the Morton Downey jr. show

Kforcer

Dragon Slayer
@Gold
Reaction score

I'm sure many of you, especially those my age and older, have seen this before, but I always find it interesting. And maybe especially interesting if Schultz is about to be the subject of the Dark Side of the Ring series.

You have Thunderbolt Patterson on one hand, making the claim that the professional wrestling industry was unfair to black wrestlers and that racism held him and other black performers back from making something proportionate to what they earned in ticket sales. Then you have Jim Wilson making the allegation that he was blackballed because he wouldn't go along with the sexual demands of bookers and promoters. And then you have Dave Schultz, 100% in character going after them both and later on, Lou Albano and over the phone, Paul Heyman.

Albano effortlessly shoehorning a plug for his hotline.

jesus, dave schultz seems like such a stooge

I remember watching this when it originally aired and thinking David Shultz is going to kill Jim Wilson on the stage.

I wish I could remember half the stories about Bert Prentice and the upcoming wrestlers having to do favors for him

Karl Gotch did an interview in 1990 where he disparaged Thunderbolt Patterson and Jim Wilson as "football players" who couldn't wrestle and basically said he wouldn't rip the business which gave him so much. Gotch proceeded from there to rip the business as he does in basically every interview.

Last edited:
Karl Gotch did an interview in 1990 where he disparaged Thunderbolt Patterson and Jim Wilson as "football players" who couldn't wrestle and basically said he wouldn't rip the business which gave him so much. Gotch proceeded from there to rip the business as he does in basically every interview.

Was that the one where Gotch shit on Harley Race?

Back