Dave Meltzer apologizes to Mike Goldberg

Does anyone who knows anything really care about Dave Meltzers opinions? He's a fan with a magazine and a website. His opinions were useless when he was just a pro wrestling fan as they are now in MMA. His opinion means as much as every keyboard warrior on Sherdog and if you don't know how much your and my opinion is worth, I'll tell you it means nothing to anyone except for yourself. I never thought I'd come to the defense of Goldberg (read the sig) but Meltzer is worse at his job than Goldberg is at covering MMA and that's saying a lot.

This is the type of drama bull crap that Meltzer tries to inject in to the world of MMA:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/1...hold-other-strikeforce-fighters-contractually

In this article, he basically paints a picture which shows certain fighters from Strikeforce never being able to fight for the UFC. Ever. He tries to make it seem as if for the rest of their lives, there are certain fighters which will be legally barred from fighting for the UFC.

"He [Gilbert Melendez] couldn't go to UFC. He could go to Bellator if he wanted to, but he couldn't go to the UFC." "because they're Showtime fighters for life. Or they could leave the Zuffa organization."

And here we are, 6 months later, and that "list" which he started a whole bunch of rumors, panic, and drama about, means absolutely nothing because all of the people Meltzer said are on the list will be going over to the UFC. He starts drama for the sake of drama. That is why Dana White hates the guy so much.

Does anyone who knows anything really care about Dave Meltzers opinions? He's a fan with a magazine and a website. His opinions were useless when he was just a pro wrestling fan as they are now in MMA. His opinion means as much as every keyboard warrior on Sherdog and if you don't know how much your and my opinion is worth, I'll tell you it means nothing to anyone except for yourself. I never thought I'd come to the defense of Goldberg (read the sig) but Meltzer is worse at his job than Goldberg is at covering MMA and that's saying a lot.
I agree, but sometimes it can't be helped, you're reading another MMA news website and you get half way through an article and it says 'according to Dave Meltzer' or whatever, MMA news reporters, report on other peoples news reports which half the time aren't even true especially in the case of Meltzer.

I agree, but sometimes it can't be helped, you're reading another MMA news website and you get half way through an article and it says 'according to Dave Meltzer' or whatever, MMA news reporters, report on other peoples news reports which half the time aren't even true especially in the case of Meltzer.

Yep, all the major MMA news websites use Dave Meltzer as a legitimate insider source of information as if he worked for Zuffa as Dana Whites right hand man. It is extremely annoying.

He forgot to Mention the 'NOT' when refferring to Mike Goldbergs apparent pill addiction.?? really.

He's a journalist releasing sensitive news about another person, you'd think he would of proof read it. It aint hard, shit even I proof read this to make sure I dont fuck up hahaha.

He forgot the NOT.. haha funny stuff.

Who believes that..

Even though he made an error in this case, Dave is an excellent journalist and I'm glad he covers both MMA and pro wrestling.

Takes a real man to admit and apologize for such a huge mistake. Good on Meltzer for owning up to it, and hopefully he pays better attention to the details in his articles from now on and we see Goldberg back soon.

Lot's of haters in this thread. Meltzer is a stand up guy and a good journalist. He made a mistake, and now he has corrected it.

I'm guessing if his haters lived as public a life as Meltzer did we would find all their mistakes too and make it look like they were crap.

Personally I think Meltzer will run with anything he hears that might be a scoop, regardless of whether he has any corroboration or not, leading him to look like a jackass a lot.

However, in this case, I believe this was an honest (yet incredibly careless and stupid) oversight and he did the right thing correcting it this loudly. So, props or whatever.

"The line that he was out of action due to rehab from a pill problem was meant to have the word "not" in it and would change the meaning completely."

Does he seriously expect anyone to believe that?

Good that he corrected it but he's still a shitty journalist.

But the excuse is in line with the steroids users not knowingly taking it.

Did anyone that is commenting here read the article??

He is apologizing for a typo.

Meltzer always does things like this and just apologizes right after.

mike goldberg is not an mma fighter. Hes not a participate in the sport. So i could give a fuck if hes in rehab, jail, or working at mcdonalds. In short: his whereabouts are not news

Back