Dave Leduc Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) Seminar Vegas

Phil Dunlap

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
daveleducseminar-1.jpg

Phil Dunlap's White Rhino Lethwei and Burmese Submission Grappling is proud to announce that in conjuction with Rebel MMA / The Asylum Fight Team we are bringing in Dave Leduc the current Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) Open Weight World Champion...

Seminar will be held 2/3/19 at Rebel MMA, 3628 North Rancho Drive Las Vegas NV 89130 for more information call Phil @ 201-800-1927 or email [email protected]... Attendance is $100.00 pre-registered, $125.00 at the door and $20.00 spectator fee. Space is limited and first come first serve so reserve your spot NOW...

As someone who has done the Kachin Style of Burmese arts my whole life and had the chance to fight Lethwei in the late 70's and 80's I am looking forward to meeting Dave and am so appreciative of the repid explosion of Lethwei on the international scene.. Lethwei will be coming to UFC Fight Pass in the near future...

www.eventbrite.com/e/lethwei-seminar-with-dave-leduc-openweight-world-champion-tickets-54601483507

Who's this Aldo wannabe?

While I’ll agree this getting posted in the UFC forum is absurd, and that LeDuc and Lethwei are relatively obscure...... LeDuc is about twice Aldo’s height and fights in a different sport, and also completely differently to Aldo.

Nice! Might be in town for 235 as it goes...

daveleducseminar-1.jpg

Phil Dunlap's White Rhino Lethwei and Burmese Submission Grappling is proud to announce that in conjuction with Rebel MMA / The Asylum Fight Team we are bringing in Dave Leduc the current Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) Open Weight World Champion...

Seminar will be held 2/3/19 at Rebel MMA, 3628 North Rancho Drive Las Vegas NV 89130 for more information call Phil @ 201-800-1927 or email [email protected]... Attendance is $100.00 pre-registered, $125.00 at the door and $20.00 spectator fee. Space is limited and first come first serve so reserve your spot NOW...

As someone who has done the Kachin Style of Burmese arts my whole life and had the chance to fight Lethwei in the late 70's and 80's I am looking forward to meeting Dave and am so appreciative of the repid explosion of Lethwei on the international scene.. Lethwei will be coming to UFC Fight Pass in the near future...

www.eventbrite.com/e/lethwei-seminar-with-dave-leduc-openweight-world-champion-tickets-54601483507

Is this you?
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Philip-Dunlap-10417

They have one of my Pro MMA fights listed I did mostly Burmese Boxing, Thai Boxing and Oriental Rules KB back in the day.. Did MMA before the Unified Rules... I am old (56) I just compete in Grappling and Bjj now along with teaching.. Body cant take the abuse of striking competition anymore..

Sorry if i posted to the wrong forum

They have one of my Pro MMA fights listed I did mostly Burmese Boxing, Thai Boxing and Oriental Rules KB back in the day.. Did MMA before the Unified Rules... I am old (56) I just compete in Grappling and Bjj now along with teaching.. Body cant take the abuse of striking competition anymore..

Sorry if i posted to the wrong forum

No no, everything is interesting. I just watched an episode about Lethwei in "Fight" series on Netflix.
You call it "boxing"? Isn't it like Muai Thai +headbutts?

And I mentioned that you should get an account of professional fighter on sherdog - purple name and such - that's why I tagged the mod, because you deserve it!

daveleducseminar-1.jpg

Respect, T.S.!

No no, everything is interesting. I just watched an episode about Lethwei in "Fight" series on Netflix.
You call it "boxing"? Isn't it like Muai Thai +headbutts?

And I mentioned that you should get an account of professional fighter on sherdog - purple name and such - that's why I tagged the mod, because you deserve it!
Sorry I misunderstood.. The name is translated to boxing but any strike and takedown is legal and I loved the netflix episode the fights will be coming to UFC Fight Pass soon I am so happy to see the sport finally

Last edited:
For those unfamiliar (I'm sure there are plenty), watch this:

Lethwei is an absolutely brutal combat sport. You have to be one tough SOB to be at the top. "The Art Of 9 Limbs." Great rivalry with Muay Thai. Border fights are a thing in Myanmar and Thailand. I believe they have prison tournies, and have pardoned criminals for being outstanding Lethwei fighters.

Why is this in the grappling forum?

Those clinches?

For real though mods, striking would be a better fit.

But at the same time I don't care because Lethwei is awesome.

Hope the LeDuc seminar goes well.

That guy is amazing, it takes balls to do that sport...

The rules are absolutely crazy with a time out to come back from a KO and fight again. Bareknuckles, head butts, knees, elbows...

Go watch some of Dave's fights on youtube they are action packed, the guy is basically Sagat from street fighters, super long and technical

I used to train kick boxing in the same affiliation (Patenaude Martial arts) which is a kung fu school but with a huge MMA and kickboxing program.

Back