Dave Leduc Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) Seminar Vegas

Phil Dunlap

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
daveleducseminar-1.jpg

Phil Dunlap's White Rhino Lethwei and Burmese Submission Grappling is proud to announce that in conjuction with Rebel MMA / The Asylum Fight Team we are bringing in Dave Leduc the current Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) Open Weight World Champion...

Seminar will be held 2/3/19 at Rebel MMA, 3628 North Rancho Drive Las Vegas NV 89130 for more information call Phil @ 201-800-1927 or email [email protected]... Attendance is $100.00 pre-registered, $125.00 at the door and $20.00 spectator fee. Space is limited and first come first serve so reserve your spot NOW...

As someone who has done the Kachin Style of Burmese arts my whole life and had the chance to fight Lethwei in the late 70's and 80's I am looking forward to meeting Dave and am so appreciative of the repid explosion of Lethwei on the international scene.. Lethwei will be coming to UFC Fight Pass in the near future...

www.eventbrite.com/e/lethwei-seminar-with-dave-leduc-openweight-world-champion-tickets-54601483507

For those of you who may not know what Lethwei is this is Dave's Highlight video

0-3 MMA between you and Leduc, pretty legit. I guess I am in the wrong forum.

For the record I actually had more than the 1 MMA fight and over a 100 kickboxing matches... LeDuc has done well in both Thai Boxing and Lethwei

Last edited:
Leduc is TEACHING lethwei??? He does muay thai and jkd and trains that for the fights? Is this a joke? Highest watermark in inflation of all time. He won the title because Tun Tun hurt his knee wasnt even a definitive win the rest were draws or whatever. The hype machine needs to die down on this guy.

Leduc is TEACHING lethwei??? He does muay thai and jkd and trains that for the fights? Is this a joke? Highest watermark in inflation of all time. He won the title because Tun Tun hurt his knee wasnt even a definitive win the rest were draws or whatever. The hype machine needs to die down on this guy.
Fighters do seminars all the time. Also those draws involved him scoring multiple KDs.

Aren't you the guy who is going out of his way to shit on Leduc in that other thread?
What did he do to you, lol ?

No denying toughness here but, so far, the practitioners I've seen have mediocre striking at best. Anybody who is used to seeing high-level striking is going to be disappointed. But hats off to these guys. They've got guts.

Leduc was mid tier at Thai boxing at best in Canada. There's alot of unwarranted hype surrounding him and I'm unsure why. He was average when he left Canada to Thailand and nowhere near top level even for a Canadian. I can think of ten names right now who are better and were better than Leduc the year Leduc left Canada to Thailand.

Ross, Jones, ossini, Castro, perron, D'or are all local Quebec guys that would beat Dave full Thai rules today.

He's tough no denying. He's also MASSIVE compared it 99 percent of his opponents. Many smaller high level Thai's have called him out. I think people's respect for him would go up immensely if he took one of those matchups.

When you call yourself the king of a sport but the poster for your seminar is done with MS Paint.

Leduc was mid tier at Thai boxing at best in Canada. There's alot of unwarranted hype surrounding him and I'm unsure why. He was average when he left Canada to Thailand and nowhere near top level even for a Canadian. I can think of ten names right now who are better and were better than Leduc the year Leduc left Canada to Thailand.

Ross, Jones, ossini, Castro, perron, D'or are all local Quebec guys that would beat Dave full Thai rules today.

He's tough no denying. He's also MASSIVE compared it 99 percent of his opponents. Many smaller high level Thai's have called him out. I think people's respect for him would go up immensely if he took one of those matchups.

He/his team wrote the wikipedia entries for him and everyone surrounding him lol.

He/his team wrote the wikipedia entries for him and everyone surrounding him lol.

He knows what he is and he knows what he isn't. That's all that matters. He's in a sport with minimal talent as SEA is and always will be Muay Thai. The top Karen and Burmese go into Thai boxing, not Lethwei. As there's no money or future in Lethwei. The karen make the best fighters out of Burma by a mile and all the top Karen I know move to issan, Tak or Lampang to specifically train Thai boxing as it's a chance at a better future.

Add in the fact that Leduc is generally enjoying a huge size and weight advantage in his fights and yeah. That's pretty much it.

Can he fight? Sure, is he 1/10th as good as people claim? No.

Any top level Thai within 4 weight classes of him would beat him. I bet yodsanklai or rodlek or petch would stop him inside two rounds

He knows what he is and he knows what he isn't. That's all that matters. He's in a sport with minimal talent as SEA is and always will be Muay Thai. The top Karen and Burmese go into Thai boxing, not Lethwei. As there's no money or future in Lethwei. The karen make the best fighters out of Burma by a mile and all the top Karen I know move to issan, Tak or Lampang to specifically train Thai boxing as it's a chance at a better future.

Add in the fact that Leduc is generally enjoying a huge size and weight advantage in his fights and yeah. That's pretty much it.

Any top level Thai within 4 weight classes of him would beat him. I bet yodsanklai or rodlek or petch would stop him inside two rounds

While I agree with a lot of your post, I wouldn't be so sure about your last sentence. Leduc's reach and height is a real problem for Thais who are generally much shorter.

Diesellek found out the hard way getting KO'd in 1 round by Leduc, and Yodsanklai struggled against a similar sized Samy Sana (granted in KB not MT but the point remains).

I don't think Thais 4 weight classes below would have a walk in the park with him. To be honest at 84kg there's not many Thais that fight anywhere near that weight nor would be able to successfully. You'd have to look into other Westerners of similar sizes from MT to give him a real challenge.

Diesellek found out the hard way getting KO'd in 1 round by Leduc, and Yodsanklai struggled against a similar sized Samy Sana (granted in KB not MT but the point remains).

What weight class does Dieselek normally fight at?

Yodsaenklai didn’t have too many problems with Cosmo who is a similar size to Leduc and far more skilled from what I’ve seen.

To be fair to Leduc though I’d much rather learn from him than Master Wong though.

Know any examples of nak muays who are Karen?

What weight class does Dieselek normally fight at?

Yodsaenklai didn’t have too many problems with Cosmo who is a similar size to Leduc and far more skilled from what I’ve seen.

To be fair to Leduc though I’d much rather learn from him than Master Wong though.
In his prime Diesellek was fighting at 130-140 lbs but he was having a good run at 70kg before he fought Leduc. Its not uncommon that the best nak muays at higher weights to be washed up smaller guys.

Know any examples of nak muays who are Karen?

Yoddy kaewsamrit comes to mind, there's several up and comers in the north of Thailand I can think of.

Problems arise with visas and being citizen zeros. Meaning they don't belong to Thailand or Burma. Alot of the hill tribes that are Karen don't belong to either country technically as they live in the mountains where borders are unmanned so they are often stuck to those areas.

Even ones that get visas generally cannot leave the province that the visa was issued in.

There's a Karen kid where I box in tak province, the work ethic, toughness and desire he has is levels above many Thai's I've seen. I think he's 12-0 now, all knockouts all in the first round lol. This is frowned upon as I'm guessing you know because Thai's generally start slowly and build over 5 rounds.

When I asked him why he starts so fast he said he's not Thai so he's not going to fight like one.

Not a Nak Muay but lone chaw was an absolute monster in Lethwei, he's Karen. Go watch some of the battles he had. He would have been as good as any Thai if he had decided to be a Nak Muay. Guy is otherworldly tough, humble and hard working

Last edited:
Back