Dave Herman: "They did actually force me to give them some naked pics"

They all promptly vomited

37_UFConFUEL1_Weighins_large.jpg

Why is he wearing such a tight shirt at the weigh in?

First off, I'm drunk. Now that that's outta the way:

Dave Herman's reaction to all of this seems crazy to me. I totally understand being cautious of the police, and being aware of your rights as a citizen, but he seems like one of those dudes that's just looking for trouble with police by acting like a total douche when these guys are just normal people doing their job. In the video he acts like he's not convinced that these are police officers. Really, Dave Herman? Really?

Why don't you just chill for a moment and realize that these guys feel exactly the same way as you do? They have no idea if you're just an eccentric guy trying to exercise his rights, or a total lunatic with the potential to kill them.

This isn't to say that the police were legit in tasing him, I just think that considering what some of these police officers might deal with each day, he might have a bit more empathy for their position and not try to turn it into an immediate power struggle.

This concludes my drunken stupor.

He's really grasping for straws now.

Im sure they just could not wait to look at his hairy nips

He's right. When you have boobs that kind of gives you the right to more privacy.

he used to act like a normal dude when he was clean shaven. whats with dudes going all feral with face and body hair growth.

Yes. I remember kinda being interested in him when he was a prospect in Elite XC and crushed a couple decent fighters. Then he started talking, uh oh.. Odd character. He could have been much better in MMA with more actual training/coaching.

Or any actual training / coaching.

I have not watched the Dave Herman think, but this is completely possible. I don't hate police or am part of any anti-law enforcement movement or stupid twitter campaign. But something like this is very possible & I have some personal experience with it.

This is all actually happened & would take forever to describe, so I will try to make it short:
I was pulled over by an Officer, about 4 years ago, for forgetting to turn on my lights. I had been driving for less than 1 block & had pulled out of the same lot as his patrol car. I was actually aware of this & eating while watching his car, in the same lot.

As soon as his sirens were on, I immediately remembered they were off. So I turned them on & took the nearest left turn to pull over. The standard stuff took place, which I cooperated with everything, but I didn't consent to a search of my truck. They did a breathalyzer & field sobriety test. I almost never drink & do not drive high, so it was surprising when they put me under arrest during the portion of the test where they ask you to track a light with your eyes. I do take medication, but had for many years.

They kept trying to get me into conversations with them & I kept repeating that I did not want to speak without a lawyer present. The persisted for several hours doing this & finally stopped asking me. They did other things as well, which I wont describe as its not relevant.

***While they were printing me at the station, they asked me to remove my clothes, but not my underwear. I did this & they took pictures of me & then allowed me my clothes back. I worked out a lot & had just done so previous to the arrest, before going to get some food.***

There was also a young woman(who seemed fairly attractive) of similar age to me, that appeared either extremely distressed or drunk that was brought in after me. They did not use the same procedure & she was allowed her phone call, much quicker & allowed to leave much quicker(30-40 minutes) vs. most of the night, in my case. All the officers were male that I encountered & the same for her while we were there.

I ended up going to court 22x for this & my lawyer was confident of victory, but they delayed the Prosecution delayed the case for 1.5+ years & I just kept resigning & resigning to show up over & over. I eventually signed a deal of 3rd degree Negligent driving, because they could not get a court date where they could all show up.

This all happened & I have no idea whether they still have those pictures or what happened to them..

This guy spends too much time on reddit. He should be locked up indefinitely just for being so annoying.

I have not watched the Dave Herman think, but this is completely possible. I don't hate police or am part of any anti-law enforcement movement or stupid twitter campaign. But something like this is very possible & I have some personal experience with it.

This is all actually happened & would take forever to describe, so I will try to make it short:
I was pulled over by an Officer, about 4 years ago, for forgetting to turn on my lights. I had been driving for less than 1 block & had pulled out of the same lot as his patrol car. I was actually aware of this & eating while watching his car, in the same lot.

As soon as his sirens were on, I immediately remembered they were off. So I turned them on & took the nearest left turn to pull over. The standard stuff took place, which I cooperated with everything, but I didn't consent to a search of my truck. They did a breathalyzer & field sobriety test. I almost never drink & do not drive high, so it was surprising when they put me under arrest during the portion of the test where they ask you to track a light with your eyes. I do take medication, but had for many years.

They kept trying to get me into conversations with them & I kept repeating that I did not want to speak without a lawyer present. The persisted for several hours doing this & finally stopped asking me. They did other things as well, which I wont describe as its not relevant.

***While they were printing me at the station, they asked me to remove my clothes, but not my underwear. I did this & they took pictures of me & then allowed me my clothes back. I worked out a lot & had just done so previous to the arrest, before going to get some food.***

There was also a young woman(who seemed fairly attractive) of similar age to me, that appeared either extremely distressed or drunk that was brought in after me. They did not use the same procedure & she was allowed her phone call, much quicker & allowed to leave much quicker(30-40 minutes) vs. most of the night, in my case. All the officers were male that I encountered & the same for her while we were there.

I ended up going to court 22x for this & my lawyer was confident of victory, but they delayed the Prosecution delayed the case for 1.5+ years & I just kept resigning & resigning to show up over & over. I eventually signed a deal of 3rd degree Negligent driving, because they could not get a court date where they could all show up.

This all happened & I have no idea whether they still have those pictures or what happened to them..
So, just reading between the lines here, I take it you failed the nystagmus test and they tried to pop you for DUI because you were on meds you really aren't supposed to drive on, and your lawyer was going to fight them on nystagmus not being totally reliable, and eventually you plead down to something with some community service maybe and a fine, maybe light probation or no probation, am I about right?

The funniest thing is he thinks others will be upset about how he was treated.

The guy made police follow him for 5 Ks, then ignored their instructions while he demanded they follow a law that doesn't exist.

These liberty types are funny.

Best thing is they always seem to screw themselves over worse than they do anyone else.

So with that I mind,

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT DAVE

May you continue to bring the lols to the rest of us.

This guy is the biggest baby I've ever seen in my life.

Give them pictures of the taser wound.

His version: They forced me to give them naked pictures.

This.

He's just being plain silly.

The bottom line is flashers in the right lane is not reasonable suspicion.....which is required for any type of police involvement.

He was following the driving laws going to the next rest area. That is not a reason for police to pull him over. What if his car trouble wouldn't allow him to get going again? If reasonable suspicion cannot be proven prior to the police lighting up then this is a real lawsuit case and I hope Herman's family sues the living hell out of the PD.

The police should have stayed dark, ran his plates, and moved along.

Last edited:
So we're shitting on Herman now for complaining that police officers failed, over and over, to produce proper identification? As required by law? Aren't police officers required to you know... follow the law? 'Murica - Land of the free... to do as we tell you.

So, just reading between the lines here, I take it you failed the nystagmus test and they tried to pop you for DUI because you were on meds you really aren't supposed to drive on, and your lawyer was going to fight them on nystagmus not being totally reliable, and eventually you plead down to something with some community service maybe and a fine, maybe light probation or no probation, am I about right?

I understand that your skeptical, usually the defendant is not completely innocent in DUI cases..they are usually guilty. I would be skeptical also..

Your actually somewhat close about the procedural stuff, but no, I don't feel it's right. But you actually made a thoughtful response. The prosecution, judge, police, (nor my lawyer) ever mentioned nystagmus, that just happened to be the point where the officer(it was multiple officers by that time) decided to make an arrest. It might have been in the officers notes, but I generally you are not permitted to see them.

I took medication(which I had been taking for 4 years, continously) while driving to & while in court(yes, while talking to the judge) & my faculties were fine nor were they ever questioned. I had been stopped by police before & I had performed sobriety tests before, taking medication & passed. I also performed a drivers test coupled with a blood test prior to it & passed it at either 45/47 or 46/47.

Both I & my lawyer were confident & the prosecution didnt feel confident, probably because they had no case, as I was completely sober...which made it difficult for them.
I had the offer to get something similar at the beginning, but refused & said I wanted a trial.

Once you go to 22 consecutive times, without a court date, it starts to wear & you eventually give in.. It wasn't the idea to beat them on a specific thing, but to demolish them on everything. You are not in & out in 15 minutes, it can take 3 1/2 hours, just to appear & sign a paper stating you will reappear at a specified time. I enjoyed it for the 1st few months, but started getting tired after they kept delaying.

Another thing to note was I had just finished a very long workout at the gym & my clothes were extremely sweaty & I was exhausted(& hungry) from it. That is why I stopped for food & where I saw the patrol car. I felt completely calm & in control of all my faculties at all times. I measured what I said carefully & didn't allow it to effect my emotions in virtually way...despite constant pressure, which they eventually gave up on.

Back