Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

No.

Stand up comedy is the last place to bring your PC and sensitivities.
The comedian does their material.
If you don't like it, fuck off out the door or stop watching.

I wish society would stop with the shaming-censorship. Which is all it is; people trying to silence someone else's ability to make a fucking joke.

No.

I wish society would stop with the shaming-censorship. Which is all it is; people trying to silence someone else's ability to make a fucking joke.
There is one aspect of Chappelle's recent specials that I have noticed however.

Lot's of comedians USUALLY target those in power/perceived power. Chappelle at least recently (I don't remember his Chappelle's Show stuff as well right now) he targets fucking, well, everyone even those that are stuck at the bottom.

No.

So using free speech so speak against someone else free speech should be regulated by someone?

Who is trying to censor him?
Attempting to shut off a person's platforms to say what they like is cutting it close. The only reason to give in to it is money, otherwise nobody would give a shit about whiners.

Last edited:
Attempting to shut off a person's platforms to say what they like is cutting it close. There only reason to give in to it is money, otherwise nobody would give a shit about whiners.

Are you saying "close" is the same as censorship? Is your solution to this going to be a form of censorship?

There is one aspect of Chappelle's recent specials that I have noticed however.

Lot's of comedians USUALLY target those in power/perceived power. Chappelle at least recently (I don't remember his Chappelle's Show stuff as well right now) he targets fucking, well, everyone even those that are stuck at the bottom.
<Fedor23>
Comedians crack jokes.
Maybe I just give stand ups a lot more room for freedom of expression. For some that's too much, but it's far better than not enough.

Are you saying "close" is the same as censorship? Is your solution to this going to be a form of censorship?
No, if I thought it was censorship I would have called it that.
My "solution" is no solution because I don't see a problem.

I cant tell what you are saying. As far as I can tell is people are just speaking out against someone elses' speech.
I didn't say they shouldn't.
In turn, I don't get people bringing their personal issues to stand up comedy and in fact I resent it because now comedians have to please everybody in the audience or there's going to be Big Trouble.

This speaks for itself.
Screenshot-40.png

Meh. His special wasn’t anything special. I got about half-way through and turned it off. I have no issue with people making fun of other groups but at least make sure your material is good. In my opinion, the material wasn’t good enough to make me want to keep watching.

As for whether he should be deplatformed for making fun of a group, that is on Netflix to decide. They’re a private company, let them do what they want to do if they feel it will be better for business.

Those two had a big problem with the LGBT jokes?

Shocking.

"You clicked on MY face"

-Dave Chappelle.

Just remember that.

This speaks for itself.
Screenshot-40.png
Those reviews prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mr. Chappelle does NOT speak for the average person.

Most people are instead more similar to the gentlemen featured in the OP video. We all just want good, wholesome, politically correct entertainment back. No more potentially offensive or transgressive humor, please.

I didn't say they shouldn't.
In turn, I don't get people bringing their personal issues to stand up comedy and in fact I resent it because now comedians have to please everybody in the audience or there's going to be Big Trouble.

Fair enough man. You can use your free speech to speak out against others free speech.

That was probably his best special, pure comedy. Men in particular are so overly sensitive nowadays.

Those reviews prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mr. Chappelle does NOT speak for the average person.

Most people are instead more similar to the gentlemen featured in the OP video. We all just want good, wholesome, politically correct entertainment back. No more potentially offensive or transgressive humor, please.
transgressive, transgressive, transgressive ... TRANS???
giphy.gif

Meh. His special wasn’t anything special. I got about half-way through and turned it off. I have no issue with people making fun of other groups but at least make sure your material is good. In my opinion, the material wasn’t good enough to make me want to keep watching.

As for whether he should be deplatformed for making fun of a group, that is on Netflix to decide. They’re a private company, let them do what they want to do if they feel it will be better for business.

I doubt Dave cares one way or the other. He's already been paid.

Back