Datsusara short released. Opinion?

okiwen

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I don't go nogi much, but my Sprawl shorts are not my favorites. The Datsusara have come in again...for $$60. Who has experience with these shorts? I have the gym bag and like it tons, but...

Would LOVE to buy the gi. Again, out of my price range.

Thank you for the opinions.

I don't go nogi much, but my Sprawl shorts are not my favorites. The Datsusara have come in again...for $$60. Who has experience with these shorts? I have the gym bag and like it tons, but...

Would LOVE to buy the gi. Again, out of my price range.

Thank you for the opinions.

As it seems there was a manufacturing mistake and they are up for 20$.http://www.dsgear.com/collections/fightwear/products/hfs

Stumbled back to their site this morning. Was shocked. Bought two shorts for me a few Nasty Bags and then called my son and sold him. Tried to get my daughter on board, but , she's rock climbing now. <sigh> Great Move Chris! I hope you get a bad batch of gis soon. :)

$20 shipping to canada! Do they include free bricks in the pockets???????

$20 shipping to canada! Do they include free bricks in the pockets???????

Ya that s what stopped me from buying. But is normal. I paid 34 shipping for my golden gear headgear when it was on sale

Ya that s what stopped me from buying. But is normal. I paid 34 shipping for my golden gear headgear when it was on sale

I paid $30 shipping for the GG MMA gloves, but only $20 for a Gi that weighs 4lbs from another store in the US.
Shipping is a funny business.

I paid $30 shipping for the GG MMA gloves, but only $20 for a Gi that weighs 4lbs from another store in the US.
Yeah, i've purchased from them a couple of times. Shipping cost was far from what they actually paid to ship the merchandise. As for these $20 shorts: "We are also unhappy about this batch overall so we are putting them on sale as is, super cheap. We'll work to make them better next time ".

Yeah, i've purchased from them a couple of times. Shipping cost was far from what they actually paid to ship the merchandise. As for these $20 shorts: "We are also unhappy about this batch overall so we are putting them on sale as is, super cheap. We'll work to make them better next time ".

if you get a chance please email me at chris{at]dsgear.com with your order name, i'd like to see how much less we paid for shipping than what you were charged as we only tack on about $1 above what usps quotes us for the shipments online. But it's all automated so i want to be sure you guys up there are not getting hosed eh ;)

I got quoted $20 at the checkout. I could understand for heavy or bulky items like headgear or a Gi, but that's a lot for shorts.

I purchased DS fight shorts in early 2013, so my shorts are likely a different version than the current model for sale. I really like the shorts, not too long, and the side slits are great for flexibility. More washes=more comfortable! I do have two comments about the shorts, which may or may not be applicable to the current model: (1) the waist on the shorts is a bit high, but it's not a huge deal; (2) the horizontal velcro portion has a tendency to come loose at times. That velcro is not as robust as the vertical velcro portion (the part that would be the zipper fly on a pair of pants). Overall, I'm very happy with the shorts, as I also own Venum, Clinch, and Jaco shorts.

Nak, that's crazy, I'll look into it.

War, thanks, noted and we are working on improvements for sure.

After a long wait and looking forward to the improvements mentioned, i was just notified that new shorts are back in stock. I am purchasing some tonight. Hoping for the best. The other order didn't work out as I had planned. They were huge too big. Thought guys at the gym would benefit...wrong.

Looking forward to the magic powers of hemp to make me un beatable.

i hope you are not talking about us as i don't mark up the shipping on Datsusara stuff.

After a long wait and looking forward to the improvements mentioned, i was just notified that new shorts are back in stock. I am purchasing some tonight. Hoping for the best. The other order didn't work out as I had planned. They were huge too big. Thought guys at the gym would benefit...wrong.

Looking forward to the magic powers of hemp to make me un beatable.

thanks for giving them another go. I think the new blend of 55% hemp and 45% recycled poly has been a good improvement, I find they wrinkle less and it's more durable. Plus the factory got my sizing right this run for a change.

You bet.

Always hoping for the success of those that try their best and are honest. With all that, how can you fail?? :)

I did send a message through your office.

Peace

Back