Darwin at work: Examples of Pokémon Hunt stupidity

Pokemon came after my time. I've never identified with that universe, at all, and I'm a pretty huge nerd.

Yeah, I graduated high school in 1999 and I think I remember Dragonball Z and Pokemon appearing juuuust as I entered my upperclassmen years. I'd just discovered pussy and was driving so this shit was totally useless.

Funny seeing people just a couple of years younger than me be all into it. I have zero interest or awareness of either of these two things. Don't even know WTF they're about. Just missed the cutoff point.

Yeah, I graduated high school in 1999 and I think I remember Dragonball Z and Pokemon appearing juuuust as I entered my upperclassmen years. I'd just discovered pussy and was driving so this shit was totally useless.

Funny seeing people just a couple of years younger than me be all into it. I have zero interest or awareness of either of these two things. Don't even know WTF they're about. Just missed the cutoff point.

It seems Men who discover pussy earlier seems to mature better and faster.

If I have a son I will make sure he fucks a woman when he is 16.

I remember when mp3 players and iPod became popular, there were stories of teens mindlessly crossing the street without looking because they were too into the music. A lot of close calls back then.

This Pokemon Go is taking that to the next level. Texting and earbuds would make people walk into traffic or fall into fountains in areas they frequented everyday. Pokemon Go has these people going into places they'd otherwise never visit with the same mindless demeanor. Some of those headlines are hilarious

All of these things have been occuring before PoGo with users being oblivious to their surroundings while using their smartphone. And will continue to happen long after the Pokemon fad dies.

The only difference is the media is publicizing these nonstories by attaching "Pokemon" to the headline to exploit the current craze.

So people got stuck in caves and on trees while texting??

So people got stuck in caves and on trees while texting??
People dying while texting, going to stupid extremes for a selfie, etc. has indeed long been a thing.
So yeah.

I don't get, or care, about Pokemon--too old. I also don't really care if other people enjoy it, we all have stupid shit we enjoy. It does seem like the people into pokemon should switch to birding though.

People dying while texting, going to stupid extremes for a selfie, etc. has indeed long been a thing.
So yeah.

I don't get, or care, about Pokemon--too old. I also don't really care if other people enjoy it, we all have stupid shit we enjoy. It does seem like the people into pokemon should switch to birding though.
It's funny, I still enjoy the main Pokemon games (get a starter, get 8 badges, discover new Pokemon, etc) but have absolutely no interest in any other Pokemon game (spin-offs, apps, etc.). I haven't been interested in the anime since 5th grade and I discovered and got over the trading cards in 6th grade. I even looked at the Pokemon anime a few years ago and wonder how this crap is still on.

Still, the main Pokemon games are still entertaining to me.

Those of us who live and/or work in NYC are completely unsurprised. We are used to drones walking around staring at their phones with zero awareness of anything going on. I guess the only surprising part of this to me is the popularity of the game. I guess I'm too old to understand (almost 36).

The stuff in the OP is hilarious though.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36841828
Pokemon Go: Bosnia players warned of minefields

_90450565_mediaitem90450564.jpg

Pokemon became huge when I was in Grade 6 and 7, and sort of died down after I started attending high school. I had a Gameboy Color which I used to play Pokemon on, and I also had a few Pokemon cards. I remember some of those cards were selling for $150 bucks at the time, that was around 2000 which is a good chunk of money.

From what was explained to me by experts, the entire idea behind Pokemon Go was to make Ronda Rousey start exercising again.

Back