Darth Vader Comics ***SPOILER Discussion Warning***

Now that Disney owns Marvel, they can merge Star Wars with Marvel. Remember Star Wars is a galaxy far far away. So Kree, Skrull, Shiar, and Milky Way Galaxies can just be somewhere else in universe, and there will be no continuity issues.

is this Canon or Legends? In other words is Disney making this? Also is Vader just killing innocent people in this all the time? If so, first time the bad guy is the main character and only doing bad things.

It is Canon. It's a fairly long series. It shows various missions from fucking up jedi to challenging Palpatine's "replacements", his adventures with Dr. Aphra and her hilarious homicidal droids, etc.

Kill do you like Doctor Aphra Solo series

YES. She has a unique relationship with Vader and her droids (homicidal versions of C-3PO and R2-D2) are great. It's through Aphra that Vader learns about Luke Skywalker.

YES. She has a unique relationship with Vader and her droids (homicidal versions of C-3PO and R2-D2) are great. It's through Aphra that Vader learns about Luke Skywalker.

I wasn’t crazy about the first storyline involving her father in her solo series.

I enjoyed her much more in the 1st Vader solo series.

I wasn’t crazy about the first storyline involving her father in her solo series.

I enjoyed her much more in the 1st Vader solo series.

I like her because she's technically a "bad guy" but doesn't have the personality type. She's not a giant dick to everyone like Vader, but she won't hesitate to have her droids torture someone for info.

I like her because she's technically a "bad guy" but doesn't have the personality type. She's not a giant dick to everyone like Vader, but she won't hesitate to have her droids torture someone for info.

I felt slightly bad For her at the end of that first Vader series. I do like how she went to Palptine, going over vaders Head. Or helmet if it’s the spaceballs universes

The current series by Soule is good stuff.

However, I think the previous series by Gillen is even better.

I'm not even a Star Wars fan And am enjoying them

ywb.gif

Now that Disney owns Marvel, they can merge Star Wars with Marvel. Remember Star Wars is a galaxy far far away. So Kree, Skrull, Shiar, and Milky Way Galaxies can just be somewhere else in universe, and there will be no continuity issues.
The year was 1978 when John Byrne drew this cover:
899275.jpg

I liked Beilert Valance, the cyborg who was like a Punisher to droids:
Star%2BWars%2B%252316%2B-%2BValance.png

The 'Dark Lord of the Sith' series would have been a great animated series. Of course we will never get the best possible moving media with Disney in charge. We gotta settle for stuff like 'Resistance'

The 'Dark Lord of the Sith' series would have been a great animated series. Of course we will never get the best possible moving media with Disney in charge. We gotta settle for stuff like 'Resistance'

I've heard rumors that Disney is making some big changes after the backlash of TLJ and when Solo flopped. We know that they've already commissioned 2 new series, but they're already planning a new set of movies written by the creators of Game of Thrones, that is "seperate from the Skywalker series".

If Disney is fucking stupid, this means they'll continue on with Daisy Ridley and co post Skywalker era OR if they're smart, they'll want to start from scratch with the Old Republic timeline.

I've heard rumors that Disney is making some big changes after the backlash of TLJ and when Solo flopped. We know that they've already commissioned 2 new series, but they're already planning a new set of movies written by the creators of Game of Thrones, that is "seperate from the Skywalker series".

If Disney is fucking stupid, this means they'll continue on with Daisy Ridley and co post Skywalker era OR if they're smart, they'll want to start from scratch with the Old Republic timeline.
Would love if they did a darker series for the hard core fans. The success of Deadpool I think shows that something a little darker can still be a success

And not sure who thought we needed a series on Cassian Andor?

Do you follow Star Wars Theory on YT or IG? He did a big project, and it was released yesterday in Los Angeles. He's been making a fan film called Vader: Shards of the Past. Last night was the premiere, and he'll release it on YouTube soon. Of course it won't be considered canon but sounds like he put together a pretty good piece of work

If it is a comic we can rely on Disney to adapt it into a movie.

I remember you read the Thrawn novel, did you read the follow up Thrawn:Alliances? and next we're getting Thrawn:Treason. Obviously they see the interest in the character and novels/comics/cartoons. Just bring the dude to a live action show or movie Disney!!!!

Would love if they did a darker series for the hard core fans. The success of Deadpool I think shows that something a little darker can still be a success

And not sure who thought we needed a series on Cassian Andor?

Do you follow Star Wars Theory on YT or IG? He did a big project, and it was released yesterday in Los Angeles. He's been making a fan film called Vader: Shards of the Past. Last night was the premiere, and he'll release it on YouTube soon. Of course it won't be considered canon but sounds like he put together a pretty good piece of work

What's crazy is that the books are dark as fuck. Even the books about the movies are darker. For instance, in the Revenge of the Sith movie, Palpatine dispatched 3 of 4 jedi masters in a few seconds. In the book, they gave gruesome details about how Palpatine cut Kit Fisto's head off and how his eyes went blank and Fisto's trademark smile disappeared as his corpse hit the ground.

I heard about the fan made Darth Vader film. I'd love to see how it turned out.

What's crazy is that the books are dark as fuck. Even the books about the movies are darker. For instance, in the Revenge of the Sith movie, Palpatine dispatched 3 of 4 jedi masters in a few seconds. In the book, they gave gruesome details about how Palpatine cut Kit Fisto's head off and how his eyes went blank and Fisto's trademark smile disappeared as his corpse hit the ground.

I heard about the fan made Darth Vader film. I'd love to see how it turned out.

Rots book was fucking awesone,way better than the movie.

I loved yoda vs palpatine in the book

@KILL KILL I almost made a thread awhile back about the books/comics/cartoons of Star Wars, just to see what others have read. I've read a bunch, so was gonna see what others have read to get ideas/suggestions as to what people think were good books.

I've read legends stuff, but have read almost all the new canon books, a bunch of the comics. I liked Aphra, but only read her in the main Star Wars comic and the previous Vader comic. Haven't jumped into her series yet. But seems like you guys like it, loved her evil droids

Don't wanna hijack your thread, but if you guys wanna throw out others you've liked then I'm game, but if you wanna keep it to the Vader comic then I'm cool with that too

Back