Darth Vader Comics ***SPOILER Discussion Warning***

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about the newer Star Wars movies, Disney's Darth Vader comic series is fucking awesome.

Every single issue has been great. It gives so much more depth to the character. The very LAST issue of the series was released and drops a pretty big bomb (depending on interpretation).

For much of the series, Darth Vader has been trying to find ways to reconnect with Padme Amidala, even going as far as resurrecting an ancient, deranged Sith Lord, and recruiting him to help build him a gateway to see Padme.

In the last comic, he uses the gateway where his spirit literally leaves his body and enters some sort of force realm. There he sees a bunch of shit (including a ton of references to movies / shows), but the big bomb is where it is suggested that Darth Sidious may have actually created Anakin Skywalker.

Previously, it was believed that Darth Plagueis accidentally created Anakin (per the Darth Plagueis novel).

Have any of you guys read the comic? What do you think? This is ONE thing that Disney got right, which leaves me somewhat optimistic for the future.

Regardless of how you feel about the newer Star Wars movies, Disney's Darth Vader comic series is fucking awesome.

Every single issue has been great. It gives so much more depth to the character. The very LAST issue of the series was released and drops a pretty big bomb (depending on interpretation).

For much of the series, Darth Vader has been trying to find ways to reconnect with Padme Amidala, even going as far as resurrecting an ancient, deranged Sith Lord, and recruiting him to help build him a gateway to see Padme.

In the last comic, he uses the gateway where his spirit literally leaves his body and enters some sort of force realm. There he sees a bunch of shit (including a ton of references to movies / shows), but the big bomb is where it is suggested that Darth Sidious may have actually created Anakin Skywalker.

Previously, it was believed that Darth Plagueis accidentally created Anakin (per the Darth Plagueis novel).

Have any of you guys read the comic? What do you think? This is ONE thing that Disney got right, which leaves me somewhat optimistic for the future.

I love this newest Vader comic!! It’s been phenomenal!

The story line too about how he gets his Crystal for his saber was good too. And while bleeding it, he had a chance somewhat for redemption at that point but denied it

I just started reading them and the current Star Wars comics, And they're great.
I'm not even a Star Wars fan And am enjoying them

This last issue was crazy, all the links to the past, had Kylo’s quote in there too. Let the past die, kill it if you have to
Quinlan Vos was on there too. I saw a post awhile back on IG where someone mentioned that Jason Mamoa would make a good Vos, not sure I agree. But I love Quinlan Vos, great character

@KILL KILL Did you watch Rebels too? Those last few episodes explored portals/gateways as well
The Vader comic had a reference to the duel with Ahsoka as well

For those curious, this channel on Youtube shows the panels for every comic. here is #25 that was mentioned in the OP.

@Myrddin Wild where you at?? You gotta get caught up, much to discuss we have!
DmbxJ3L.gif

I just reported Brother Evz for giving me something else to do during this holiday season~ :eek:

Haha... just kidding bro... it's good to know. My goodness I'm so stoked but my time is being stretched so thin atm! Will likely be catching it in teh new year... but can't wait!!!

I like them as well but the Inquisitors are some of the worst characters in Star Wars lore.

They’re cans and lame as fuck.

I only read comics on marvel unlimited now so I’m about 5 months behind.

I’m on the Mon Cala rebellion issues when the Mon Cala first rebelled against the empire and how the Rebellion got their Mon Cala fleet.

Vader took on a former Iktochi Jedi Master who lost his mind.

I like them as well but the Inquisitors are some of the worst characters in Star Wars lore.

They’re cans and lame as fuck.

I only read comics on marvel unlimited now so I’m about 5 months behind.

I’m on the Mon Cala rebellion issues when the Mon Cala first rebelled against the empire and how the Rebellion got their Mon Cala fleet.

Vader took on a former Iktochi Jedi Master who lost his mind.

Vader deals with some of the Inquisitors in these series. He also fucks a lot of people up, which is awesome.

Eh they're force sensitive minions. Most were jedi before the purge. Vader kills a few in the comics for showing weakness.

They were Fallen Jedi but they really come off as cans. Plus their costumes are god awful.

This is one addition to the lore I never loved. I would much rather it 1-2 individuals who had some real training by the emperor but not trained as deeply as Darth Maul.

Also KillKill I’m on the Star Wars comics that tie into this Vader storyline. The mon Cala.

I am also enjoying the Thrawn comic book, A LOT

Last edited:
They were Fallen Jedi but they really come off as cans. Plus their costumes are god awful.

This is one addition to the lore I never loved. I would much rather it 1-2 individuals who had some real training by the emperor but not trained as deeply as Darth Maul.

Also KillKill I’m on the Star Wars comic store that tie into this Vader storyline. The mon Cala.

I am also enjoying the Thrawn comic book, A LOT

Thrawn is awesome.

is this Canon or Legends? In other words is Disney making this? Also is Vader just killing innocent people in this all the time? If so, first time the bad guy is the main character and only doing bad things.

Back