Darren Till, Eddie Alvarez - Who embarrassed themselves more in a Title fight?

It's almost like you guys believe the trash talking

At least Eddie fought something, Till didn't even landed one single strike and the only punch he received, staggered him and got GnP and got choked.

Both talked a big game.

Alvarez called Conor the easiest fight in the division and proceeded to get decked 5 times. Got shrugged off like a toddler when he tried to clinch and basically was made Conor's bitch.

Till claimed he was going to dominate 2 or 3 divisions, saw himself as the best ever, and didn't land a single strike in 2 rounds of a title fight, before getting little brother-ed.
Sorry, but IMHO that is only in the eyes of casuals.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in getting caught. NOTHING!
It happens.
Especially at this level.

And it obviously changes the whole fight.

So I find it utterly ridiculous to call them an embarrassment.

Embarrassment is getting dominated everywhere the fight goes without being on auto-pilot. One fight I can give as an example is GSP & Serra 2.
Actually both fights!

GSP not only showed how getting caught can lead to a loss, but on the second fight, he dominated Serra everywhere the fight went and showed to anyone the huge disparity in skills between both.

Sorry, but IMHO that is only in the eyes of casuals.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in getting caught. NOTHING!
It happens.
Especially at this level.

And it obviously changes the whole fight.

So I find it utterly ridiculous to call them an embarrassment.

Embarrassment is getting dominated everywhere the fight goes without being on auto-pilot. One fight I can give as an example is GSP & Serra 2.
Actually both fights!

GSP not only showed how getting caught can lead to a loss, but on the second fight, he dominated Serra everywhere the fight went and showed to anyone the huge disparity in skills between both.
Till had nothing for Woodley, just like Alvarez had nothing for Conor.

DC, Rogan and Woodley were basically mocking Till for how bad his ground game was.

If Conor fought Eddie ten times, he'd beat him ten times. Eddie is a sloppy brawler, and had no chance against a sniper like Conor.

Till got dominated every second of the fight. At least Alvarez landed a significant strike.

Every second of the fight?

Nothing happened the 1st round... Then he got caught and dropped in the 2nd round during 1 exchange.

Robbie Lawler didn't even make it out of the 1st round with Woodley, yet you don't even mention him here.

Alvarez got embarrassed way worse than Till. He got his ass whooped bell to bell and got outclassed in every way.

Till had nothing for Woodley, just like Alvarez had nothing for Conor.

DC, Rogan and Woodley were basically mocking Till for how bad his ground game was.

If Conor fought Eddie ten times, he'd beat him ten times. Eddie is a sloppy brawler, and had no chance against a sniper like Conor.
That's a load of BS.
I bet you thought the exact same thing of Cain and Junior!
"How Junior humiliated Cain! 10 times out of 10 he knocks his ass out!"
Lo and behold...

Sorry, but you surely have no clue how MMA works.

If Eddie is able to close the distance, he does not need to box with Conor. He'd take him down or tire his ass against the cage. Then Conor is sloppier than Eddie standing or on the ground.

That's a load of BS.
I bet you thought the exact same thing of Cain and Junior!
"How Junior humiliated Cain! 10 times out of 10 he knocks his ass out!"
Lo and behold...

Sorry, but you surely have no clue how MMA works.

If Eddie is able to close the distance, he does not need to box with Conor. He'd take him down or tire his ass against the cage. Then Conor is sloppier than Eddie standing or on the ground.
Eddie has a weak chin, he gets dropped /rocked every fight. Conor goes for the kill better than Most. So anyone who had seen them fight before would have picked Conor.

Eddie has a weak chin, he gets dropped /rocked every fight. Conor goes for the kill better than Most. So anyone who had seen them fight before would have picked Conor.
nah, kid. Only blind nuthuggers would have picked Conor when his only other fight against a LW with no camp was an humiliating loss.

Like I said, there's no shame in getting caught.
ANd losing after getting caught hardly tells the whole story.

Alvarez couldn’t hear his corner calling for the “73” over the sounds of his wife screaming. Far more embarrassing.AAE8B228-AEFC-4BCE-BBAD-DCD9B7B3099A.gif

nah, kid. Only blind nuthuggers would have picked Conor when his only other fight against a LW with no camp was an humiliating loss.

Like I said, there's no shame in getting caught.
ANd losing after getting caught hardly tells the whole story.

Well then, you don't know MMA as well as you think. If you think Eddie just got caught, I have a bridge to sell you.

BTW I'm picking Khabib to demolish Conor.

Well then, you don't know MMA as well as you think. If you think Eddie just got caught, I have a bridge to sell you.

BTW I'm picking Khabib to demolish Conor.
heh. I don't "think" anything. It is a fact he got caught.
Maybe he was careless, but so was GSP when he fought Serra the first time.

Note: I am picking Khabib as well. But Conor is the favorite as long as they are standing in front of each other.
If Khabib can grab a hold of Conor THEN it becomes a khabib fight.
But I do not doubt Conor can beat Khabib.

Back