Darren Till, Eddie Alvarez - Who embarrassed themselves more in a Title fight?

Fighters shouldn't be embarrassed if they deal with their loss well, by showing respect to their opponent and getting back on the horse, which is what Eddie did, and what I expect Till to do. What's embarrassing is quitting when things get tough (Rhonda) or pretending like you didn't lose (Joanna).

Fighters shouldn't be embarrassed if they deal with their loss well, by showing respect to their opponent and getting back on the horse, which is what Eddie did, and what I expect Till to do. What's embarrassing is quitting when things get tough (Rhonda) or pretending like you didn't lose (Joanna).
I agree with this. No one that steps into the octagon should be embarrassed. I just wanted to know who actually got embarrassed in the sense they were so out of the depth, they didn't realize themselves.

What about Ronda when she returned to fight Nunes? That was rough. Also honorable mention to Ngannou who didn't perform up to par against Stipe, and Maia in either of his title fights.

Ngannou lost every round but he had his moments, landing big shots that would've dropped chinnier fighters than Stipe. Going 25 minutes with a hard-hitting heavyweight champ is still impressive.
Till, Ronda and Alvarez offered nothing and were stopped early.

Out of those two Eddie. Till at least showed a modicum of respect to Woodley.

Beth was the worst of all time.

Completely out of her depth.

Eddie Alvarez and it's not even slightly close.

Eddie embarrassed himself, his team, and the entire sport of MMA. He ducked a range of opponents to secure the Conor fight. He claimed and promised how bad Conor sucked, and he would completely embarrass him.

It could not have possibly gone worse.

Alvarez.
The way he fell seemed more unapt.
I was actually impressed by Till surviving for so long.

So fighters should stop showing confidence and that they truly believe in themselves in order to get TS’ approval?

I hope they read your post.

There is nothing wrong in getting embarrassed ya goof. Why do you get worked up when a couple of big mouths get served some humble pie?
I'm not worked up...that was me trying to be Dana's advocate...ya goof. Although now that I think about it, Dana's probably trashing those guys way worse than Sherbros.

This is a MMA not boxing. You're not "done" if you take an L
Neither Till nor Alvarez embarrassed themselves.

Name me one fighter that looked good when getting finished.

Or, did these guys "embarrass" the TS by failing to justify some previous shit-posting against two of the sports most disliked fighters.

120_Joanna_Je_drzejczyk_and_Rose_Namajunas.0.jpg

829e3e2b12495af0b5.gif

This

EA nor Till had a Boogeywoman moment.

Not sure how this is a question. Eddie was the champion and a guy from a lower weight class moved up and tooled him the whole fight.

Till is a prospect

What about Ronda when she returned to fight Nunes? That was rough. Also honorable mention to Ngannou who didn't perform up to par against Stipe, and Maia in either of his title fights.
Damn, stop hating Maia, he was in the offense for more time ,he was putting the pressure.Significant strikes 29 to 57, not that bad, with short camp.Not taking anything away from woodley

Damn, stop hating Maia, he was in the offense for more time ,he was putting the pressure.Significant strikes 29 to 57, not that bad, with short camp.Not taking anything away from woodley
mma_e_maia-silva01_576.jpg

Yeah Anderson fight is a different story, I was talking about Woodley fight, but damn that was 50 years ago
In the Woodley fight, Maia went 0-21 on takedown attempts. Pretty sure that's never even come close to happening in a title fight before.

In the Woodley fight, Maia went 0-21 on takedown attempts. Pretty sure that's never even come close to happening in a title fight before.
Still, he at least took an action, it's a different thing when you stuff a takedown and get top position than when you simply defend the takedown.Offensive output is what gives you edge on the scorecards

Between Alvarez and Till, Till came off worse.

Zero significant strikes. It can't get worse than that.

Back