Darren Rovell: If they can't find anyone to even compete with her, interest will fade

I think she's still generating interest for a while...not necessarily on the "will she win" angle but how will she win? In tysons case, you knew he'd get a KO but with her, will she get an arm, will she get a GnP or a standing KO? And she's got this rep for being a quick finisher now, people want to see if she keeps that going.

Personally I saw more people than ever posting and talking about the fight across the social networks, including a lot of women

Some of them being the type of people calling out others as bandwagon fans when the SF Giants or Warriors were winning their titles respectively

Welcome to the party!!

I already lost interest.

it's obvious that she's light years ahead of her opponents, but would probably get tooled by a Gladiator Challenge level 135 lb male.

First off, no she wouldn't. Second, why do haters keep bringing up her physical inferiority to male fighters as a point of contention against Ronda and pretend it means anything? I'm all for having a problem with the laughably shallow kiddie talent pool of competition she's facing, but women have their own divisions for a reason. Serena Williams would lose to any male tennis player in the Top 100, that doesn't take anything away from her legacy.

Her popularity damn near doubled from the Cat fight to this fight, and it will continue to grow. She gained 1.5 million instagram followers in like 2 days lol

Eventually she will lose interest, but as of now the sky the limit for her

First off, no she wouldn't. Second, why do haters keep bringing up her physical inferiority to male fighters as a point of contention against Ronda and pretend it means anything? I'm all for having a problem with the laughably shallow kiddie talent pool of competition she's facing, but women have their own divisions for a reason. Serena Williams would lose to any male tennis player in the Top 100, that doesn't take anything away from her legacy.

I disagree about Serena, lol

But you're wrong about the male gladiator challenge example. I'm just illustrating that male fighters are much more superior because they've been involved in the sport for so much longer in comparison, in addition to all the strength/athleticism stuff. Juan Archuleta would destroy her, imho.

The female division is so weak it's hard to measure. It reminds me of watching very low level mma.

I disagree about Serena, lol

But you're wrong about the male gladiator challenge example. I'm just illustrating that male fighters are much more superior because they've been involved in the sport for so much longer in comparison, in addition to all the strength/athleticism stuff. Juan Archuleta would destroy her, imho.

The female division is so weak it's hard to measure. It reminds me of watching very low level mma.

Serena wouldn't just lose to any top 100 player, she'd get dominated. I agree WMMA is garbage, but the gap between Ronda and low level male MMA fighters is a strength/size issue, not a talent/skill issue.

Back