Darko Stosic

I thought he was a guy to pay attention to, but not so sure after actually watching his matches.

I agree, he just does not set anything up. He doesnt really get loose, it is like his heart is clinched by something, some insecurity idk. Very stiff in there, just stands in front of opponent, eating shots and occasionally explodes in a very telegraphed way. He is durable though.

He could have thrown low kick more often but he just could not set it up due to memtioned stiffness. Maybe droppong some muscle and going to 185 might help him but even then it is hard to see him develop into a proper fighter.

What's hilarious is he told jamal after the fight "I guess they don't like Serbs"

Lol at playing the race/ethnicity card because you performed dogshit

What's hilarious is he told jamal after the fight "I guess they don't like Serbs"

Lol at playing the race/ethnicity card because you performed dogshit
Lol
Serbs probably whine at least 100 times more than any other euro nation

In Darko's defense, he won the third and Hill has iron chin.

I think he will be cut. As a proud Bulgar from Serbia, Belgrade; I have a lot of respect for Stosic. Yet, he destroyed Nzechukwu's nuts to lose the fight and didn't control Jamahal on the ground. Devin Clark outworked him. Only one win versus Kimball, so it's time to search for a new home.

This fight is really tough to call. Wouldn't be surprised by ANY result.
Darko landed the better shots but very low activity. If he dropped him each time he did land the big one and still had the same low activity, I would lean towards stostic.

i think he doesn't like getting hit
keeps touching his nose and losing his focus

Meh, i was never quite excited about Darko...

Strong bulky guy with a good judo and an overhand. If he came 20 years ago he might have been top 10 material, but in todays world, naaaah...

He needs to do a rumble, move to a new weight class and get some experience on the regional circuit then return.

He fights like it’s still 2005 n you can steal a round with a td

Darko is just another roid head from Eastern Europe, There was a lot of hype behind the guy, but only from Serbians, no one else really, it's just that they spam about him on youtube and talk about him as if he is a worldbeater and "Future Champion". If you watched his first fight against Jeremy Kimball then you would see that he was passive there aswell. Kimball was just an idiot and went for a takedown, super telegraphed and Darko with his Judo background handled him easily and ground and pounded him, but nothing else was impressive from him in that fight.

I am more interested to see Dusko Todorovic, he is from the same country as Darko and he seems to have some potential, way more than this stocky Darko guy. But he's fighting John Phillips in his first fight in the UFC and that guy has some vicious power in his hands. The only thing I am a bit worried about in that fight for Dusko is that he leaves his chin up and lets his hands go down and that might just be a recipe for a brutal KO. His head movement is very slick tho, I see a combination of Silva's head movement and Nate Diaz style of boxing, he really likes to pressure as well and has a good ground game, high fight IQ and from what I have been able to see a background in TKD and BJJ, black belt in both and because I have a TKD background as well it's interesting to see what he can do in the UFC imo. Interesting prospect, only 25 y/o. I really like to study upcoming prospects. Then the prelims suddenly become way more interesting when you know the fighters.

Some videos of him that I found:

This is some highlight, from the Dana White contender series. It wasn't his best performance, but I saw potential and I must say, It's pretty fucking entertaining to watch him. He has a win over Michel Pereira, for whatever that is worth nowadays ;)

Back