Dark Souls III v2: I Blame the Camera

Which SoulsBorne Game is Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither, I parry like I always did, roll works like it always did.
Parry and roll timing is way different in this game. Miltrivd was the first streamer I heard mention the difference. He's the best at parrying in DS1 I've ever seen.

Lots of people taking about lag out there. It's not just me.

Unresponsive controls are a pet peeve of mine, especially when it's unnecessary. This game uses the same engine as Bloodborne AFAIK so startup frames must have been added intentionally.
Maybe you play more twitchy than I do. I honestly just don't notice a big difference. Especially because I almost always mid-roll in Souls games.

I've seen you talk about Estus healing and again, it just doesn't feel that delayed. Especially when coming from DS2 where fucking everything had a drawn out animation. This feels so much better than the last game.

BB is king for me in terms of mechanics, I just didn't expect DS3 to play the same way at all. And the weird thing is that I feel like this is the most fast paced of the Souls series.

Just wrecked champion as a summon. Got my washing pole to +7 and loving it. Not sure if I want to infuse it. It seems to be doing just fine.

Anyway, I'll shut up about the controls now.

Old Demon King down at SL1. Fight reminds me of Defiled Amygdala at level 4. Long and all about recovering from bad positions. Easier than Amy though. Now I can go back to getting my ass kicked by Dancer.

Maybe you play more twitchy than I do. I honestly just don't notice a big difference. Especially because I almost always mid-roll in Souls games.

I've seen you talk about Estus healing and again, it just doesn't feel that delayed. Especially when coming from DS2 where fucking everything had a drawn out animation. This feels so much better than the last game.

BB is king for me in terms of mechanics, I just didn't expect DS3 to play the same way at all. And the weird thing is that I feel like this is the most fast paced of the Souls series.
Let me know what you think when you try Bloodborne again. I'd love to find out it's just my imagination.

Gun parrying was much easier to time, much more sensitive and faster to pull off. The shield parry is a piece of shit. I just roll behind the boss and punish instead of parrying.

Where do chaos infusions come in? Which coal?

Gun parrying was much easier to time, much more sensitive and faster to pull off. The shield parry is a piece of shit. I just roll behind the boss and punish instead of parrying.

Where do chaos infusions come in? Which coal?
I think that's Anor Londo.

If you want to see how fucked up stamina is in this game, try this and watch your regen:
1. sprint until your bar is half depleted, then stop.
2. sprint until your bar is half depleted, then keep walking.

I rock the chloranthy ring and grass crest shield just for that reason

If you want to see how fucked up stamina is in this game, try this and watch your regen:
Do you think it was an oversite or this is what Miyazaki wanted in the game?

Those make no difference to how your stamina reacts. I wear them both.

People have timed it, and it does make a diff, but it's a huge downgrade from GCS and cloranthy in past games. OTOH, rolling takes so much less stamina now that I wonder how much it balances out.

Do you think it was an oversite or this is what Miyazaki wanted in the game?
I'm hoping it's a glitch they fix. What possible reason is there for your stamina to stall when you stop moving but regen when walking?

It affects combat because you need to press forward to initiate stamina regen but then you end up kicking all the time. This behaviour has never existed in the series before. It's bizarre and poorly thought out, if by design.

People have timed it, and it does make a diff, but it's a huge downgrade from GCS and cloranthy in past games. OTOH, rolling takes so much less stamina now that I wonder how much it balances out.
I think we're talking about different things. Did you try my experiment?

I think we're talking about different things. Did you try my experiment?

admittedly, I jumped in mid-conversation. I assumed you were talking about the difference in stamina recovery with and without them equipped? I'll try that walk/stand thing.

I'm hoping it's a glitch they fix. What possible reason is there for your stamina to stall when you stop moving but regen when walking?

It affects combat because you need to press forward to initiate stamina regen but then you end up kicking all the time. This behaviour has never existed in the series before. It's bizarre and poorly thought out, if by design.
We have no idea how it affects the game in the larger sense though. It could work with what they were trying to do. I guess we just have different experiences when it comes to the game. I haven't had any issues with stamina that weren't my fault. I can't really see why I would stop walking instead of hitting a roll or something.

Ok, just tried it, that's so weird. Took like 5 seconds while walking and 6.5 while standing.

I guess this is why you're supposed to jog to a cool down instead of stopping outright after a brisk run?

But seriously that's stupid. I guess I never really stop moving in a situation where I need my stamina to recover, but that's still silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back