Dark Souls III v2: I Blame the Camera

Which SoulsBorne Game is Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it take so long to roll in this game? Is it input lag or does everything have startup frames? Parrying, rolling, running and even healing are delayed.

Never even knew Karla was an npc, let alone that she was integral to pyromancy. Gotta find this bitch.
just make sure you kill that area before you open her cell, I found her and she promptly got flattened by that dickhead with the cross on his back

Why does it take so long to roll in this game? Is it input lag or does everything have startup frames? Parrying, rolling, running and even healing are delayed.
I find myself playing like it's Bloodborne and getting wrecked because the controls aren't as responsive.

Why are you guys comparing it to Bloodborne? The only thing more or less comparable are the weapon arts.

It plays much more like Demon Souls than Bloodborne.

Never even knew Karla was an npc, let alone that she was integral to pyromancy. Gotta find this bitch.
She sells everything Dark, Miracles, Pyros and Sorceries.

I'm impressed how much lore you guys lose sprinting the game like that lol

Why are you guys comparing it to Bloodborne? The only thing more or less comparable are the weapon arts.

It plays much more like Demon Souls than Bloodborne.
Yeah I'm not sure either. They're very different games in terms of mechanics.

Beat the last boss last night. Sort of like DS1, he was no where near the hardest boss in the game.

Dying because my character won't swing his sword fast enough. I miss BB.

Still dying to the fat bitches with the books in irithyll because pyro sucks so much dick. Toooooooooooo many stats to invest in so I end up with shitty everything.

My highest stat is 21 int atm.

I just don't understand why they added startup frames to everything. None of the other games have them, except maybe DS2. Demons and DS1 have more responsive controls than this. I play these games for their mechanics so this is a big issue for me.

Pyro dudes, post your builds. I gotta be doing something wrong.

Pyro dudes, post your builds. I gotta be doing something wrong.

I respecced my pyro but it was something like

35 int/fth
25 VIT
16 END
17 STR
16 dex
25 ATT

Swamp ring/witches ring/sorcerers ring/chloranthy ring

+10 pyro m flame
+10 dark sword infused with chaos.

Great chaos fireball and dark flame fireball

My avg try per boss was 3 with this set up, and I would hit around 500-800 with each fireball depending on the enemy.

Honestly the game was easy mode to me with this build. I don't even know half of the games boss' move sets because I destroyed them from range.

I guess it just depends on your preferred style.

I just don't understand why they added startup frames to everything. None of the other games have them, except maybe DS2. Demons and DS1 have more responsive controls than this. I play these games for their mechanics so this is a big issue for me.
Guess I'm just not seeing a big enough difference for it to matter.

Now I'm fighting some wolf dragon? Fuck me.

Edit: well that was fucking easy.

Edit #2: this game has me swearing way more than usual lol.

Last edited:
Guess I'm just not seeing a big enough difference for it to matter.
Lots of people taking about lag out there. It's not just me.

Unresponsive controls are a pet peeve of mine, especially when it's unnecessary. This game uses the same engine as Bloodborne AFAIK so startup frames must have been added intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back