Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

Halflight was pretty easy if you're patient. Made a few attempts on Midir now and it's going to be a challenge. I really like the last two fights though so happy to grind again.

Halflight was pretty easy if you're patient. Made a few attempts on Midir now and it's going to be a challenge. I really like the last two fights though so happy to grind again.

Funny, when I was watching Lobos' SL1 run he got stuck on Halflight for a good two hours. I think he took down Midir in a handful of attempts.

Funny, when I was watching Lobos' SL1 run he got stuck on Halflight for a good two hours. I think he took down Midir in a handful of attempts.
What weapon was he using? I watched a few vids and the Profaned GS seemed to make the fight a lot easier. They don't normally one shot you so you can get away with a lot of mistakes too.

Midir probably won't end up taking too long. I've made less than 20 attempts and already had him below half. A lot of fun too. I'm not normally a graphics whore but the animations are just amazing.

What weapon was he using? I watched a few vids and the Profaned GS seemed to make the fight a lot easier. They don't normally one shot you so you can get away with a lot of mistakes too.

Midir probably won't end up taking too long. I've made less than 20 attempts and already had him below half. A lot of fun too. I'm not normally a graphics whore but the animations are just amazing.
I think he was using a Raw Dragonslayer Axe for that fight. Makes sense if you're focusing the head.

I think he was using a Raw Dragonslayer Axe for that fight. Makes sense if you're focusing the head.
I could see the axe being difficult with Halflight. I made one attempt with the ASS and they can poise through a lot of your attacks. The greatsword knocks them down so you can stunlock them.

Haha I'm so glad Demon Prince is over. That could easily end up being the hardest fight in the DLC. Most annoying for sure. Even Halflight was way more fun.

Haha I'm so glad Demon Prince is over. That could easily end up being the hardest fight in the DLC. Most annoying for sure. Even Halflight was way more fun.

I tried NG+ in DS2 and the level + soul level doesn't reset. I'm at around level 215 with over 15 mill souls so it gets harder and harder to find invasions. Anyway around this or do I just need to create a new character?

Is it the same way in DS3? I'd imagine because it's the latest one that a high level/soul level still easily lets you find others.

I could see the axe being difficult with Halflight. I made one attempt with the ASS and they can poise through a lot of your attacks. The greatsword knocks them down so you can stunlock them.
Oh I think he was using Astora's for Prince and Halfight. Busted out the Axe for Midir and Gael.

I tried NG+ in DS2 and the level + soul level doesn't reset. I'm at around level 215 with over 15 mill souls so it gets harder and harder to find invasions. Anyway around this or do I just need to create a new character?

Is it the same way in DS3? I'd imagine because it's the latest one that a high level/soul level still easily lets you find others.
When asked about soul memory, Miyazaki said, "what's that?". Horrible mechanic that everyone hates and unfortunately there's no way to reduce it. You might have to make a new character.

For next time, there is a ring that basically cancels all the souls you normally earn from enemies so that you can control your SM but then you can't buy any consumables or upgrade weapons.

Create a new character and grab the agape ring from Strade and throw it on once you hit the meta Soul memory

Oh I think he was using Astora's for Prince and Halfight. Busted out the Axe for Midir and Gael.
That's probably why he had trouble with Halflight.

I take it back. Midir is still kicking my ass. I'm surprised Lobos got him so quickly. He's a way better gamer than I am obviously but most attacks one shot you and the dodge timing is awkward on some of his moves.

When asked about soul memory, Miyazaki said, "what's that?". Horrible mechanic that everyone hates and unfortunately there's no way to reduce it. You might have to make a new character.

For next time, there is a ring that basically cancels all the souls you normally earn from enemies so that you can control your SM but then you can't buy any consumables or upgrade weapons.

Create a new character and grab the agape ring from Strade and throw it on once you hit the meta Soul memory

I'm wondering if most players are just in the highest tier(50 mill+) and maybe that's where I need to get. DS2 isn't dead all, I constantly see other players around me in every level and the blood arena is usually busy.

Is it better in DS3?

I'm wondering if most players are just in the highest tier(50 mill+) and maybe that's where I need to get. DS2 isn't dead all, I constantly see other players around me in every level and the blood arena is usually busy.
That's a really good sign if you can still get summons and invasions after all these years.

Is it better in DS3?
You mean DS2? That game is totally different than the rest. A better comparison is 1 and 3. I think wars have been started over less than that question. It's a pretty heated debate.

You mean DS2? That game is totally different than the rest. A better comparison is 1 and 3. I think wars have been started over less than that question. It's a pretty heated debate.

I mean the way that soul memory works in DS3 compared to 2.

I mean the way that soul memory works in DS3 compared to 2.
There is no soul memory in any of the others. Miyazaki didn't work on DS2 which is why he didn't know what it meant. He directed all the games in the series except DS2.

Back