Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

What's with all the deadshot hate lately? You guys act like you walked in on him deep-dicking your mom, rather than freaking out over a game.

Deadshot is a guy who regularly makes posts about getting rekt by basic souls stuff where he is raging to the point of controller breaking. It's obvious to those of us who got gud that a large part of the reason he liked Nioh so much is that it gives him the dark souls easy mode he has said should exist so his feels won't get hurt. At times I really feel for the guy cause he keeps coming back for more... but just like in this thread he proves that he would rather have the bar lowered to his current level than rise to the challenge.

This is my summary of nioh combat: equip axe heavy armor and sloth talisman. Push square button until you find boss creature. Push sloth talisman. Dodge first attack. Kill boss before it does anything else because even if it survives it's ki broken until it's dead. Roll credits.

All the bells and whistles don't matter if nothing pushes you to try them. He keeps complaining about artificial difficulty but for nioh to have any difficulty you have to force feed it challenge style onto yourself. I enjoyed the game, but more so in the "it's cool category" than compelling gameplay category.

Dragonslayer greataxe character almost done for the DLC. Forgot I got the season pass for Asses of Ariandel so now I gotta play this. Banking on 800 being enough AR to deal with most things and for most things to be weak to lightning.

Just killed the gravetender and wolf. Cant wait for the dlc. Should finish ashes beforehand. Anyone got pointers to where is a good place to farm chunks?

Fromsoft needs to stop setting their standards so high.

I enjoyed the first DLC. Lore behind it was awesome even if I wasn't a big fan of the first boss fight.

Can't wait for the end of the month.

At this point, they could publish a Dark Souls Mythology series and I'd watch the shit out of that....

Or read it, whatever.

It's fascinating how deep it goes. What's even more incredible is that you miss 90%+ of it on your first play though of Dark Souls 1.

Deadshot is a guy who regularly makes posts about getting rekt by basic souls stuff where he is raging to the point of controller breaking. It's obvious to those of us who got gud that a large part of the reason he liked Nioh so much is that it gives him the dark souls easy mode he has said should exist so his feels won't get hurt. At times I really feel for the guy cause he keeps coming back for more... but just like in this thread he proves that he would rather have the bar lowered to his current level than rise to the challenge.

This is my summary of nioh combat: equip axe heavy armor and sloth talisman. Push square button until you find boss creature. Push sloth talisman. Dodge first attack. Kill boss before it does anything else because even if it survives it's ki broken until it's dead. Roll credits.

All the bells and whistles don't matter if nothing pushes you to try them. He keeps complaining about artificial difficulty but for nioh to have any difficulty you have to force feed it challenge style onto yourself. I enjoyed the game, but more so in the "it's cool category" than compelling gameplay category.

And yet, as you said, despite all of it he keeps coming back to the souls games. You guys take his posts way too seriously, I suspect it's all tongue-in-cheek on his side.

At this point, they could publish a Dark Souls Mythology series and I'd watch the shit out of that....

Or read it, whatever.

It's fascinating how deep it goes. What's even more incredible is that you miss 90%+ of it on your first play though of Dark Souls 1.

That's something I really liked about all of these games. Not only is your character a stranger in a strange land, but you as the player are too. Nothing is spoon fed, everything has to be pieced together from shit you find and descriptions you run across.

That's something I really liked about all of these games. Not only is your character a stranger in a strange land, but you as the player are too. Nothing is spoon fed, everything has to be pieced together from shit you find and descriptions you run across.
I agree. Miyazaki's approach to storytelling is awesome and, contrary to most games, actually adds replay value because of how you slowly notice new things with each playthrough.

New arenas are shit. And I've already spoiled the DLC by reading the Reddit thread.

From owes us all a Blowjob for ever making the Gravetender a boss.

Any overall reviews on the Ringed City DLC at this point? Still haven't played it yet but plan to start over the next 2 weeks.

It's good
Any overall reviews on the Ringed City DLC at this point? Still haven't played it yet but plan to start over the next 2 weeks.
its good. Bosses are good, areas are cool, new weapons are decent.

Was wondering what the hell happened to the thread until I figured out this was a random one that was never merged.

Finally got the bats. Got hit way too often but just glad it's over.

Finally got the bats. Got hit way too often but just glad it's over.

Nice, I haven't been able to give them an attempt in almost a week. I'm losing my patience with those shits.

Nice, I haven't been able to give them an attempt in almost a week. I'm losing my patience with those shits.
I took a few days off too. That first phase was driving me crazy. It's not a hard fight apart from his laser and flying attacks. More a test of patience which I don't have much of apparently.

I actually had him down to one hit left a few attempts earlier but died to his laser and almost called it a night. Funny how you get rewarded for sticking it out.

Oh, good luck getting down the stairs to the swamp in Ringed City once you do beat them. That shit took me like 20 attempts because of those fat fuckers that stagger their attacks so you can't roll through them.

Oh, good luck getting down the stairs to the swamp in Ringed City once you do beat them. That shit took me like 20 attempts because of those fat fuckers that stagger their attacks so you can't roll through them.

I finally beat Dark Souls 2. Turned out to be a damn good game.

Congrats! It is a really cool game, just a little different from the others. Planning on trying DS3 next?

Going to take a DS break lol. Over 400 hours in DS1 and 2 the past few months. Eventually.
<{ByeHomer}>

Back