Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

Iudex and Vordt down first try. It's like playing while hit with a sloth talisman.

NiOh is GOAT.

Iudex and Vordt down first try. It's like playing while hit with a sloth talisman.

NiOh is GOAT.
Haha, Nioh is pretty damn good. Have you tried going back to Bloodborne yet? Even that seemed kind of slow when I played it the other day. Never thought I would say that before.

I have to come clean and admit something:

I still have a brand new unopened copy of Dark Souls 3. Bought it day one and never played it. I've played and beaten Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 + 2, and Bloodborne yet for some reason I couldn't bring myself to even open this game to play it.

It's still sitting there on my shelf collecting dust.

Me too, exept replace "unopened copy" with purchased but undownloaded digital copy.

I have always got all the DLC for the souls games, so I'll just wait for these last couple of weeks then buy a season pass and do it all together the first playthrough.

Bullshit.
It's combat is far superior and the weapons are more fun. NiOh is like the step Mom that comes in when your parents get divorced. Even if her cooking is better and she's nice to you, you like your mom more just because.

It's combat is far superior and the weapons are more fun. NiOh is like the step Mom that comes in when your parents get divorced. Even if her cooking is better and she's nice to you, you like your mom more just because.

Nioh combat is better than Bloodborne. It just is

Last edited:
I don't agree with that at all.

The rally system alone puts it above Nioh.

You don't have to agree with it. It's my opinion and many other people's that Nioh combat is faster, tighter and more fluid

Edit didn't mean that to come off so douchebag. I just prefer Nioh combat but I'm not the biggest Bloodborne fan. Actually one of the few people who preferred Dark Souls 3 to Bloodborne

Last edited:
Rally is such an ingenious mechanic. Rewards you for being aggressive while tempting you to be careless.

Well I've been playing DS3 for a couple weeks now and I think it is pretty fun. Preferred Bloodborne because I don't care too much about magic. Every game I can, I prefer to be melee and aggressive. Literally just beat Lothric and Lorian and that was the first fight to give me fits.

Can't wait to try both of the DLC's. But from what I am hearing I need to get Bloodborne again for The Old Hunter's DLC. I also have Nioh sitting right next to me once I finish up DS3. Good times.

Nioh combat is better than Bloodborne. It just is

Man I hate to disagree. Nioh was so easy it's hard to really make a case for the combat being better than dark souls. No boss took me more than 2 tries and once you get the sloth talisman there is really no excuse to lose to anything. On top of that they really created an incentive to not even bother fighting with such short monster leashes and such abundant healing/regen stuff. I think you had to self inflict challenges on yourself to make the game more challenging to even start comparing to the souls series which to me says alot about the combat system. To me this defines whether the combat was well developed. I never had to really deeply consider my tactics at any point in this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun... but I literally ran from the start of Mount Hiei to the boss on my first play through and beat him. It was laughable moments like that where I just kind of have to shake my head when people say the combat was better.

I have platinumed all of them, I would have to say that bloodborne definitely had the most to offer when it comes to having to think over how to beat things. Not every boss, but quite a few. (hello chalice dungeon bosses on the way to platinum)

Man I hate to disagree. Nioh was so easy it's hard to really make a case for the combat being better than dark souls. No boss took me more than 2 tries and once you get the sloth talisman there is really no excuse to lose to anything. On top of that they really created an incentive to not even bother fighting with such short monster leashes and such abundant healing/regen stuff. I think you had to self inflict challenges on yourself to make the game more challenging to even start comparing to the souls series which to me says alot about the combat system. To me this defines whether the combat was well developed. I never had to really deeply consider my tactics at any point in this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is a lot of fun... but I literally ran from the start of Mount Hiei to the boss on my first play through and beat him. It was laughable moments like that where I just kind of have to shake my head when people say the combat was better.

I have platinumed all of them, I would have to say that bloodborne definitely had the most to offer when it comes to having to think over how to beat things. Not every boss, but quite a few. (hello chalice dungeon bosses on the way to platinum)
Just because you found it easier doesn't mean combat is better in Souls games. In fact I'd say quite the opposite is true. Souls difficulty comes from encumbering the player more than having good bosses.

Well I've been playing DS3 for a couple weeks now and I think it is pretty fun. Preferred Bloodborne because I don't care too much about magic. Every game I can, I prefer to be melee and aggressive. Literally just beat Lothric and Lorian and that was the first fight to give me fits.

Can't wait to try both of the DLC's. But from what I am hearing I need to get Bloodborne again for The Old Hunter's DLC. I also have Nioh sitting right next to me once I finish up DS3. Good times.
You're in for a real treat if you haven't played Bloodborne's DLC yet. Best content From has ever released IMO. Also the hardest.

I prefer SoulsBorne to Nioh but in terms of which combat is better....I still choose SoulsBorne.

Playing a Pyro character is still my favorite of any of them.

Nioh is a great game though and I do love it's speed. It's just a hair short of BB in some key areas IMO.

Just because you found it easier doesn't mean combat is better in Souls games. In fact I'd say quite the opposite is true. Souls difficulty comes from encumbering the player more than having good bosses.

Huh? In what way is the player encumbered? Please feel free to tell me what boss was a better or more challenging fight than the nameless king let alone many bloodborne has to offer that were just intense as all get out.

Nioh is cool for different reasons. I think nioh was cool like demon souls was cool. It felt fresh and the story was different. The combat ki feature was neat but in no way did I feel like they built on souls. There is definite room to grow in many directions. I hope they do because arpg has become my favorite genre thanks to souls and anyone producing quality makes me very happy.

You should try playing without using anything that hinders their movesets, like sloth or lightning. It's a good challenge, IMO.

You should try playing without using anything that hinders their movesets, like sloth or lightning. It's a good challenge, IMO.

I have killed most bosses without. Yes it's harder but that's a self imposed challenge and still doesn't change much. In my opinion exploiting break and ki damage with an axe is close to as powerful. Not to mention how much defense that adds. Honestly to make it a real challenge I'd probably have to use what I consider the 4th or 5th best weapon. I already did the ENB class challenge. You have to really impress me with a game to convince me to do a challenge run and nioh is not there.

So tell me which boss is the hardest to you?

I have killed most bosses without. Yes it's harder but that's a self imposed challenge and still doesn't change much. In my opinion exploiting break and ki damage with an axe is close to as powerful. Not to mention how much defense that adds. Honestly to make it a real challenge I'd probably have to use what I consider the 4th or 5th best weapon. I already did the ENB class challenge. You have to really impress me with a game to convince me to do a challenge run and nioh is not there.

So tell me which boss is the hardest to you?
All RPG's are like that though. You can grind out levels or do coop to make fights easier. These spells in Nioh are optional so it's just a different way of managing the difficulty level, and allowing people to progress instead of rage quitting.

Hardest boss would probably be one of the 2v1's. I just started a level one run so eventually I'll have a better idea of how it compares to Soulsborne base level runs but I suspect it will be comparable, especially considering the lack of iframes. It's harder to avoid getting hit in Nioh so I expect to die more often in late game.

You're in for a real treat if you haven't played Bloodborne's DLC yet. Best content From has ever released IMO. Also the hardest.
Sounds good. Once I finish up with DS3 and all the DLC I will probably play Nioh just to get a change of pace but will definitely buy the complete edition for BB.

Back