Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Few weeks away from final DLC for DS3.

This season pass is very disappointing for such amazing game despite high sales and reception.

19 bosses in main game and only 5 in both DLCs with very mediocre AoA

Thoughts?

Why does it have to named dark souls? Why not White Souls?

#WarRoom Right Wing nutjob spin.

I got bored with DS3. I never really got bored with the previous 2 games.

I never even played the first DLC, is it worth playing it again for it?

I got bored with DS3. I never really got bored with the previous 2 games.

I never even played the first DLC, is it worth playing it again for it?

FromSoftware hasnt ever made a DLC better than "The Old Hunters" for Bloodborne, so compared to that, its nothing special. But the final boss for it reminds me of one of the better bloodborne bosses in Maria. I really dont like when they do the 2 on 1 thing when it comes to bosses, but the did it twice for the DLC. Whilst I liked DS3, I really lack the ambition or need to play through it again. I can pick up dark souls 1 and still be in love with that game however, maybe nostalgia but imo the levels were designed immaculately in DS1 that really hasnt been replicated in a souls game other than in BB.

This DLC looks to be something special from the trailers though, I wouldnt miss it.

I can't believe I am saying this but the second dlc trailer combined with how poor I thought the first dlc was, and to an extent Dark Souls III overall (you got way too much Bloodborne in my Dark Souls), has me thoroughly underwhelmed. I have the season pass and have no clue when I'll ever play the second content drop.

Despite all that negative shitposting, I hope it's epic and people looking forward to it are blown away.

FromSoftware hasnt ever made a DLC better than "The Old Hunters" for Bloodborne, so compared to that, its nothing special. But the final boss for it reminds me of one of the better bloodborne bosses in Maria. I really dont like when they do the 2 on 1 thing when it comes to bosses, but the did it twice for the DLC. Whilst I liked DS3, I really lack the ambition or need to play through it again. I can pick up dark souls 1 and still be in love with that game however, maybe nostalgia but imo the levels were designed immaculately in DS1 that really hasnt been replicated in a souls game other than in BB.

This DLC looks to be something special from the trailers though, I wouldnt miss it.

Everyone keeps making this mistake. Comparing BB's DLC to DSIII is unfair. The Old Hunters is two in one. They decided instead of making two seperate ones that they would put them together and charge more. It's only fair to compare when both DLCs are out for DS III, until then people should stop saying how Old hunters is better

Haven't watched the trailer yet but thought the first DLC was a little disappointing so hopefully they redeem themselves with a few really quality areas and bosses. I'm hoping it was light on content because of the PVP arena.

I was a bit disappointed with the first DLC and Dark Souls 3 in general so i am not that thrilled about it, i hope i am wrong and The Ringed City will be amazing. I found the first DLC too short and wasn't a big fan of the bosses.

With that being said though, i'll be playing this as soon as it's released since i have the season pass

Haven't watched the trailer yet but thought the first DLC was a little disappointing so hopefully they redeem themselves with a few really quality areas and bosses. I'm hoping it was light on content because of the PVP arena.
Yeah but the pvp arena sucked ass too

Fromsoft needs to stop setting their standards so high.

I enjoyed the first DLC. Lore behind it was awesome even if I wasn't a big fan of the first boss fight.

Can't wait for the end of the month.

Everyone keeps making this mistake. Comparing BB's DLC to DSIII is unfair. The Old Hunters is two in one. They decided instead of making two seperate ones that they would put them together and charge more. It's only fair to compare when both DLCs are out for DS III, until then people should stop saying how Old hunters is better

The high praise for Old Hunters isn't tied to it's content quantity, it's the quality of the content in the DLC... which was superb. Nothing DSIII has done comes close. Maybe this DLC will change that, but the last did not live up to that expectation.

I have to come clean and admit something:

I still have a brand new unopened copy of Dark Souls 3. Bought it day one and never played it. I've played and beaten Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 + 2, and Bloodborne yet for some reason I couldn't bring myself to even open this game to play it.

It's still sitting there on my shelf collecting dust.

I'm honestly having a hard time remembering specifics about the DSIII DLC. I remember beating it and thinking it was pretty short, but really had to search my brain to remember any of the boss mechanics.

I haven't played DSII in quite some time, but I still remember all 3 of the DLC areas and boss fights.

meh I haven't cared to much for this one DS2 kept me playing for 200 - 300 hours I might have 15 in this one it's to bloodborney for me not a fan of the way they made it pro pvp.

Dude, regardless at the end of the day its about quality of content and not the length of the content. The DLC as a whole may have been better than DS3 as a whole and on par with the main game for BB. Its simply that good. Hell the Old hunters DLC essentially reused one of the main areas of the main game, so even with previous knowledge of that area, it still felt fresh. Just a masterclass in game design.

The high praise for Old Hunters isn't tied to it's content quantity, it's the quality of the content in the DLC... which was superb. Nothing DSIII has done comes close. Maybe this DLC will change that, but the last did not live up to that expectation.

Exactly this. You have a way with words sir.

How do you guys like DS3 PVP compared to DS2? I haven't played 3 yet.

How do you guys like DS3 PVP compared to DS2? I haven't played 3 yet.
I prefer DS3 personally, although really good players often like 2 better. The lack of stamina makes it more technical but also a lot more punishing.

2 >>>>>>>> 3 for pvp. While 3 plays better, 2 had more options like power stancing, more magic builds in pvp, very little short sword R1 spam, etc etc. Iron Keep bridge is the GOAT Souls pvp spot, small but room to manuveur. The arenas made by From have always been boring, the organically chosen community spots were awesone.

I can't even play this after playing NiOh. Died to the damn crystal lizard at the beginning of the game.

Back