Dark Side of the Ring - season 2

One about Mick foley would be good.
One about Mankind would be good too.
Another one about Cactus Jack will be a must watch.
A dude love episode would be great as well.

Just watched the David Schultz one. I was really young when he was out, but I had no idea who he was, and other than because of the slap, I still have no idea about him. he is his own biggest fan for sure. they act like he was a top star, but he made no mark really that I recall. even guys I didn't really know, if they were huge stars, I heard of them a lot. he acts like he was basically stone cold back then.

Watched the Owen Dark Side last night, it was well made and heartbreaking but also disappointing because they completely glossed over the facts of the accident and why it happened

I get that they were going for the human tragedy side of the story, and they nailed it perfectly, but a step by step breakdown of everything that led up to the accident would've also been quite riveting

The criminal negligence of the WWE and the shockingly inexperienced rigging team that they hired is a story that must be told!!!

Watched the Owen Dark Side last night, it was well made and heartbreaking but also disappointing because they completely glossed over the facts of the accident and why it happened

I get that they were going for the human tragedy side of the story, and they nailed it perfectly, but a step by step breakdown of everything that led up to the accident would've also been quite riveting

The criminal negligence of the WWE and the shockingly inexperienced rigging team that they hired is a story that must be told!!!
Agreed! I thought it could have been over 2 episodes. There would have been enough content.

Just watched the David Schultz one. I was really young when he was out, but I had no idea who he was, and other than because of the slap, I still have no idea about him. he is his own biggest fan for sure. they act like he was a top star, but he made no mark really that I recall. even guys I didn't really know, if they were huge stars, I heard of them a lot. he acts like he was basically stone cold back then.

Timing worked against him. The Stossel shiz happened like 6 months before Wrestlemania...something like that...anyway he slapped himself out of the picture just before the national explosion really took off. Combine that with the fact that his career was fairly short, and you get a guy who probably could have been a big deal who ended up being an after thought.

It needed to be a 2 parter like the Benoit one.

There are rumors Martha wants to put a full documentary together regarding the situation. So maybe the full story will be told (even though it was already in Martha's book)

Thought the Owen episode was just okay.

The family came across as nice people, but at the same time it seemed they were just as interested in bashing the WWE than remembering Owen....which is both understandable and probably how the producers wanted it /edited it.

TBH, all the episodes I've seen, seem to have that undercurrent about them where they are trying to dig out the WWE as much as possible, whether deserved or not, whilst pretending to be impartial.

One thing I didn't really get was how they made a big thing of how Owen had been acting strange all day before the accident, and how his last words to his kid (paraphrasing) ""look after your mom and sister for me".....what were they trying to imply here?

Thought the Owen episode was just okay.

The family came across as nice people, but at the same time it seemed they were just as interested in bashing the WWE than remembering Owen....which is both understandable and probably how the producers wanted it /edited it.

TBH, all the episodes I've seen, seem to have that undercurrent about them where they are trying to dig out the WWE as much as possible, whether deserved or not, whilst pretending to be impartial.

One thing I didn't really get was how they made a big thing of how Owen had been acting strange all day before the accident, and how his last words to his kid (paraphrasing) ""look after your mom and sister for me".....what were they trying to imply here?
I thought the family talked well of Owen. The son went into detail about his childhood, the daughter was very young when he passed so her memories are few and far.

As far as the day before stuff, yeah it was odd. I won't get spiritual but I've heard stories of people acting strange the day before the die, like they subconscious know it or something.

I wish it was a two parter. As great aa it is to hear stories of Owen the wrestler, it's better hearing about him as a father,friend and husband. Dude just sounds like a great guy to be around.

Realistically this could have been a three parter. Before the accident, the accident and then the lawsuit/Hart family aftermath.

Also why didn't Bret speak? Is he under wwe contract? Also where was dipshit Russo?

I thought the family talked well of Owen. The son went into detail about his childhood, the daughter was very young when he passed so her memories are few and far.

As far as the day before stuff, yeah it was odd. I won't get spiritual but I've heard stories of people acting strange the day before the die, like they subconscious know it or something.

I wish it was a two parter. As great aa it is to hear stories of Owen the wrestler, it's better hearing about him as a father,friend and husband. Dude just sounds like a great guy to be around.

Realistically this could have been a three parter. Before the accident, the accident and then the lawsuit/Hart family aftermath.

Also why didn't Bret speak? Is he under wwe contract? Also where was dipshit Russo?

I heard Martha on the Jericho podcast, and she spoke about her relationship with Bret and the Hart family. She said whilst she has forgiven them, that the old wounds would never fully heal. She made a point of saying that "the grandkids" have something of a cordial relationship (presumably the kids of Owen, Bret, Diana etc), but there is basically no relationship with Bret and siblings.

I mean it's pretty self explanatory, he was about to perform an extremely risky life threatening stunt that he wasn't at all comfortable with doing. He was telling wrestlers backstage just before the stunt how worried he was about it.

Martha didn't want anyone from the Hart family involved in the filming of the episode.

I mean it's pretty self explanatory, he was about to perform an extremely risky life threatening stunt that he wasn't at all comfortable with doing. He was telling wrestlers backstage just before the stunt how worried he was about it.

I was under the impression it was a regular part of his act and he’d done it many times before the faithful night.

That wasn’t the case?

I was under the impression it was a regular part of his act and he’d done it many times before the faithful night.

That wasn’t the case?
Not 100% sure, someone here can probably tell you. But I'm pretty sure it was his first time. He also tried to skip the practice test as well.

Not 100% sure, someone here can probably tell you. But I'm pretty sure it was his first time. He also tried to skip the practice test as well.

I thought he had done it before during his original run as Blue Blazer?

Hopefully the Owen episode stops many people from giving the WWE money ever again.

Hopefully the Owen episode stops many people from giving the WWE money ever again.

K2Z50jZ.gif

That wasn’t the case?

He'd done it before. But not with this unsafe equipment and not run by a guy who had never led one of these stunts before. I think he had been third fiddle on a Sting rig once.

Back