Media Dariush comes off as being way too normal to be an elite level MMA fighter

Dariush has really good skills in all areas, a good fight IQ and I want him to surprise me and win, but he has two problems: 1) his cardio cannot keep up with Tony's 2) he is slow. This is a bad matchup for him.

Dariush should be top 5 today. If you look at LW accomplishments in the last 1 year, last 2 years, or last 3 years he’s ahead of Ferguson, Conor and RDA (and maybe Hooker, debatable).

Alas, somewhere along the years, how rankings work seems to have changed.

I fully expect him to be next week. His run has been fun to watch. It feels like he finally put it all together.

And hey, if Ferguson proves me wrong, that’s pretty cool too :) I only wish it were a 5 rounder.

Last edited:
I hope he smokes Tony. Beneil would be a legit champ if it ever happens. And just an all around good guy without the fake bullshit persona.

Mad respect for Daruish. The guy seems to have average physical stats but wins through attrition and heart. He even looks average and old despite being 32. Has a bit of a dadbod to him. Him becoming champ would sorta be Rocky like.

Don't take his kindness for weakness.

It is weird that he is only 32 but his hair is almost already all grey

Dude is a certified savage in the cage. Plenty of normal guys that are nice that can also turn on the switch when it's time for violence. Whittaker, Wonderboy, Stipe, Black Beast, Gillespie, Poirier, Jan, Glover, etc.

Last edited:
Just tony being tony again. Pitting himself against the world for the worlds perceived slights against him. It's a good thing he's been entertaining as a fighter to at least allow us to "tolerate" that he's a fairly big douche bag most of the time.

Legit nice guy going up against a manic with documented mental health issues.

Dude, gotta say, when Tony told Chandler “You got the title shot handed to you, you got Dana White Privilege”, I busted up.

It is weird that he is only 32 but his hair is almost already all grey
It's not that weird. I know a few guys who are going grey in their early 30's, probably started in late 20's

Dude is a certified savage in the cage. Plenty of normal guys that are nice that can also turn on the switch when it's time for violence. Whittaker, Wonderboy, Stipe, Black Beast, Bas Rutten, Poirier, Jan, Glover, etc.
Ya I remember a few fights ago something happened - maybe an accidental foul - and he got a look in his eyes and just proceeded to wreck his opponent. It was awesome. He’d been controlling the fight before that, but not dominating.

Tony seems to be trying way too hard to be cool or something. Idk. I see him taking another L and still being in denial.

That’s awesome. I always appreciate people who don’t let their careers dictate their entire personalities

Back