Darion Caldwell--I know I can beat TJ -his arms are too short, I can beat Ortega and Max too

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by AdamHunter, Aug 26, 2018.

1. AdamHunter Green Belt

Here is the brand new MMA Roasted Podcast. Jamie Kilstein joins me in studio and he talks about hitting rockbottom and no longer being a SJW. He talks about how he got into MMA and being a purple belt under Marcello Garcia.

Dodson calls in and talks bout his upcoming fight with Jimmy Rivera. I ask him about the Cowboy/Greg Jackson?Winklejohn situation, he talks about wanting to fight TJ Dillashaw again, his thoughts on Cejudo vs Dillashaw and more.

We talk to Darrion Caldwell about his latest win in Bellator, wanting to fight Pitbull, training with Cruz and how he thinks he would match up against the guys in the UFC.

Ewell talks about his upcoming fight with Barao, how he was almost homeless, losing custody of his son, how he thought he was too cute for fighting and training in Riverside.

I talk to Logan about being a 6X State Wrestling Champion in South Dakota, a 4 Time All-American in College, why he supports Donald Trump and training with Henri Hooft in Florida. Hope you enjoy the show.

Adam Hunter

2. Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Caldwell is a stud for sure, but I don't see him beating any of those guys.

3. Cowboy Cerroliveira Porra Caralho! Saddle up!

Darion needs to get his ass to the ufc.

4. Frankie Baby! 145 Champ

<FookIsThatGuy>That's the black dude in Bellator, right? The champion?

5. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Darrion was an absolute beast wrestler. Many think he would have beat dake if he didnt get injured

6. MMA4Life Silver Belt

He is good fighter and you can’t knock someone for being confident. I would like to see him in the UFC but those are some lofty claims. TJ and Ortega are both bad matchups for him IMO.

7. Shoot Boxe Hero We are Rizin!

Ortega is a terrible matchup for Caldwell. He'd snatch that neck quicker than Taimanglo did in their first fight

8. pizzle Silver Belt

He can't beat drake

9. justdangerous Brown Belt

senior DC woulda beat dake- if he didn’t get hurt he woulda won that year for sure

10. DuncanFan819 Purple Belt

Would love to see Caldwell in the UFC, but it's nice seeing another organization with talent. Plus, if his latest callout comes through, he'll be fighting Patricio Pitbull. Caldwell is a big dude for 135 and looked solid at 145. There's lots of options for him no matter where he goes.

11. Greco_Wiz Brown Belt

Lmao. Dake is a top 3 collegiate wrestler of all time. Caldwell isn’t a top 100. Dake got better every season, but even early on, if they met in his sophomore season had Darrion not got hurt Dake would have still thrashed him. And like I said, that was an immature Dake not nearly at his peak.

12. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

Caldwell beats TJ

Askren beats any of the 170s.

13. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Would have to see him fight a top guy. Bellator's BW division is really weak

14. sabretitan Black Belt

Whoa... Take it back a little Darrion

15. WeedLordBonerHitler Lord of Trap Banned

Jamie Kilstein is that reformed SJW dork from JRE? That pussy could set his dick on fire and live stream it and it wouldn't be interesting. Not to mention that cartoon character Jon Dodson calling in lol? Jon Dodson might be one of the most obnoxious MMA fighters that exist. When he was on Ultimate Fighter it was perpetual cringe.

TJ, Ortega, or Hollaway would murder anyone on Bellator roster inside of 30 seconds.

16. Legendary Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ

Nah. Caldwell is good, but TJ, Max and Brian are better.

If Caldwell was so good, he wouldn't be can crushing in Bellator.

17. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Ortega is always lo
    Caldwell was a late starter , did bad early in seasons and peaked in the NCAA. Dake got trounced the tourney prior to NCAA that year and was a 4th seed as a result. Caldwell whooped metcalf when nobody thought possible . Nobody is arguing who had the better career but go read up on most wrestling forums and nearly everyone expected him to beat dake

18. EndlessCritic Gold Belt

lol wtf. rafael silva, joe warran, eduardo dantas, joe taimanglo, leandro higo are not cans. he's had a very tough schedule.

ironically his last fight against lahat was his lowest ranked fighter to date, but that's only because he moved up a weight class.

19. TrevorLahey Purple Belt

That fine line between self confidence and self delusion. Caldwell is a top tier talent, he has Dominick Cruz in his corner, I think he definitely has a chance at beating Dillashaw on any given night. The question is does he have what it takes to earn a title shot in the UFC, there's a lot of different match ups with top level fighters, winning 3 or 4 of those in a row is not an easy task and as good as Caldwell looks he is largely untested on that level.

20. DoctorNick Purple Belt

I don't think he beats any of them, but he does always bring it.