Television DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Set Photos of the Punisher, post #250)

Saw a recent article that said because the Disney+ DD season is so long, they're gonna put a lot of focus on courtroom shit. Finally DD comes back and they do courtroom show.

I don't remember any hotel room scene. Did Disney+ edit that out?

I don't remember any hotel room scene. Did Disney+ edit that out?

I've only seen the Netflix version. It's the scene where Karen confesses to Fisk that she killed Wesley.

Disney will ruin it . The shows were on the perfect platform before no need to move it.

Disney track record on series is Andor/ Mando really good . Everything else different levels of shit

Pretty much Mando is the only Disney+ show I wanted to rewatch. The rest were like, just watch once and get through it. That's how shit they've been.

I've only seen the Netflix version. It's the scene where Karen confesses to Fisk that she killed Wesley.
I saw that scene, but didn't remember where it took place.

Pretty much Mando is the only Disney+ show I wanted to rewatch. The rest were like, just watch once and get through it. That's how shit they've been.

I saw that scene, but didn't remember where it took place.

The suite in the hotel that Fisk has turned into his own secret headquarters, with hidden rooms, CCTV etc.

Out of every Disney+ episode this is my most anticipated easily. Actually if it weren’t for this I’d have next to zero interest in Disney+. I hope they don’t mess it up.

Update: March 7, 2023

Jon Bernthal to Return as the Punisher in Marvel Studios' DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN

jon-bernthal-punisher-daredevil-born-again-banner.jpg

Jon Bernthal is returning to his most punishing role. The actor will reprise Frank Castle, aka antihero the Punisher, in Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again for Disney+, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Bernthal joins Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio in the series, which begins shooting in New York this month. In a departure from other Marvel series, which come in at six or nine episodes per season, Born Again is planned as a whopping 18-episode epic. Writers and executive producers Matt Corman and Chris Ord are behind the show, which is expected to bow in the spring of 2024.

Born Again takes its title from a landmark Daredevil storyline published in 1986, written by Frank Miller and drawn by David Mazzuchelli. The show is deviating from that plot, although by how much is unclear. The Punisher, for example, made no appearance in the comic story. Daredevil versus Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin, remains the focal point.

Bernthal first played the grieving father-turned-vigilante on Netflix’s version of Daredevil, debuting the character during 2016’s second season. He went on to headline his own series for Netflix, playing the titular character for two seasons of The Punisher, which spanned 2017-19.

Born Again follows Netflix’s Daredevil series that ran for three seasons from 2013-18. That was known as the Netflix era of Marvel television and was back when the series side was not integrated with Marvel’s movie side. Marvel TV, then run by Jeph Loeb, produced a number of series for Netflix, including Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist on top of Daredevil and Punisher. Netflix canceled its Marvel shows ahead of the late 2019 launch of the competing streaming service, Disney+.

Bernthal and his co-stars, it seemed, were done with Marvel. But in January 2021, Marvel boss Kevin Feige told THR he considered the Netflix characters to still be in play, and by the end of the year, Cox was revealed to have a cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home and went on to appear in She-Hulk. His Daredevil co-star D’Onofrio appeared in Hawkeye, and both Cox and D’Onofrio are key figures in the upcoming Echo, a series said to set the stage for Born Again.

However, other actors from the Netflix Daredevil series are not expected to return. Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson, who played classic supporting characters Karen Page and Foggy Nelson, respectively, are not on the roll call for the Marvel series. It is also unclear whether those characters will be recast or excised from the story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

After Daredevil's appearance in She-Hulk and the news its a 'reboot', my excitement for this series has dwindled to nothing.

Now they're probably going to emasculate Punisher as well.

Brilliant.
Punisher? More like “Stern Talker”

Jon Bernthal is returning to his most punishing role. The actor will reprise Frank Castle, aka antihero the Punisher, in Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again for Disney+, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Bernthal joins Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio in the series, which begins shooting in New York this month. In a departure from other Marvel series, which come in at six or nine episodes per season, Born Again is planned as a whopping 18-episode epic. Writers and executive producers Matt Corman and Chris Ord are behind the show, which is expected to bow in the spring of 2024.

Born Again takes its title from a landmark Daredevil storyline published in 1986, written by Frank Miller and drawn by David Mazzuchelli. The show is deviating from that plot, although by how much is unclear. The Punisher, for example, made no appearance in the comic story. Daredevil versus Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin, remains the focal point.

Bernthal first played the grieving father-turned-vigilante on Netflix’s version of Daredevil, debuting the character during 2016’s second season. He went on to headline his own series for Netflix, playing the titular character for two seasons of The Punisher, which spanned 2017-19.

Born Again follows Netflix’s Daredevil series that ran for three seasons from 2013-18. That was known as the Netflix era of Marvel television and was back when the series side was not integrated with Marvel’s movie side. Marvel TV, then run by Jeph Loeb, produced a number of series for Netflix, including Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist on top of Daredevil and Punisher. Netflix canceled its Marvel shows ahead of the late 2019 launch of the competing streaming service, Disney+.

Bernthal and his co-stars, it seemed, were done with Marvel. But in January 2021, Marvel boss Kevin Feige told THR he considered the Netflix characters to still be in play, and by the end of the year, Cox was revealed to have a cameo in Spider-Man: No Way Home and went on to appear in She-Hulk. His Daredevil co-star D’Onofrio appeared in Hawkeye, and both Cox and D’Onofrio are key figures in the upcoming Echo, a series said to set the stage for Born Again.

However, other actors from the Netflix Daredevil series are not expected to return. Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson, who played classic supporting characters Karen Page and Foggy Nelson, respectively, are not on the roll call for the Marvel series. It is also unclear whether those characters will be recast or excised from the story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

No way Marvel does The Punisher justice with an MCU series. Netflix at least gave the brutality that Frank Castle is(in)famous for, even if they still humanised the character way too much.

The Punisher in the comics is a sadistic serial killer who's only real redeeming features is he goes out of his way never to hurt innocents and directs his bloodlust against criminals who are even worse than he is. MCU Punisher will probably be dropping one-liners every ten minutes or so, and his kills will be mostly off-screen:rolleyes:

They're going to either have to recast Karen Page - which is a shame, as I thought Woll was very good in the role - or change the plot beyond all recognition. Because Page is the catalyst for everything that happens; she sells Daredevils secret identity for the price of a heroin fix, and it's eventually passed to the Kingpin himself. Who uses it to ruin every part of Matt Murdoch's life.

Cox and D'Onforio are both perfect in their respective roles, but even the best actor is only as good as the script he's working with.

They're going to either have to recast Karen Page - which is a shame, as I thought Woll was very good in the role - or change the plot beyond all recognition. Because Page is the catalyst for everything that happens; she sells Daredevils secret identity for the price of a heroin fix, and it's eventually passed to the Kingpin himself. Who uses it to ruin every part of Matt Murdoch's life.

Cox and D'Onforio are both perfect in their respective roles, but even the best actor is only as good as the script he's working with.

No way will they go with heroin thing, too dark

This show is the ONLY reason I might resubscribe to Disney +. It’s the only Disney + show I’m interested in outside of Mandalorian. I just hope Disney doesn’t screw it up with their bland formula and dumb humor.

Back