Dare I say, Reem just got robbed?

Great stoppage.

The ref isn't supposed to take the score cards or the round timer into account when deciding whether or not to stop the fight. The immediate fighter safety is the only factor, and if they get one punch dropped, attempt to stand, and wobble all over the place like a baby deer, they are not safe to continue, imo.

Blatantly Incorrect

Referees are supposed to be aware of the time so they're in position to stop the fight immediately at the bell.

Dan literally just got in the way of the fighters. He WASN'T stopping the fight. His indecision is what cost Overeem.

Dan was slow to get there and if you watch the replay he touches Rosen, making Rosen think the fight is over. Had that not happened a few more shots could have easily been landed, and instead of "worrying that Reem got robbed" it would be a PR nightmare for our sport having to explain why half of Reems face needed amputation.

He wouldn't of landed shit. The fight was literally over as soon as he turned around. There was like 1.3 seconds left or some shit dude.

Dan was slow to get there and if you watch the replay he touches Rosen, making Rosen think the fight is over. Had that not happened a few more shots could have easily been landed, and instead of "worrying that Reem got robbed" it would be a PR nightmare for our sport having to explain why half of Reems face needed amputation.

Fight until the ref pulls you off.

Touching does not signify the end of the fight.

Refs touch fighters all the time.

He wouldn't of landed shit. The fight was literally over as soon as he turned around. There was like 1.3 seconds left or some shit dude.

He would've landed had Dan not given him the indication it was over, thus he wouldn't have turned to celebrate. Had that not happened Rozen would have continued pummeling away, needlessly.

He would've landed had Dan not given him the indication it was over, thus he wouldn't have turned to celebrate. Had that not happened Rozen would have continued pummeling away, needlessly.

Dude, Rozen was walking away WAYYYY before Dan even touched him.

For your sake, watch the fuckin replay. You're going off on a point THAT ISN'T TRUE.

Wrong.
Rozen turned around as soon as he landed that right hand. At that point there was not enough time to GNP Reem since he was already popping back up. Then bell rings.

Right before bell rings, Dan stops fight. Nonsensical.

WHAT IS THIS INDICATION YOU SPEAK OF?

Great stoppage.

The ref isn't supposed to take the score cards or the round timer into account when deciding whether or not to stop the fight. The immediate fighter safety is the only factor, and if they get one punch dropped, attempt to stand, and wobble all over the place like a baby deer, they are not safe to continue, imo.

Spot on, bro. I was just about to post the same exact thing but you saved me the trouble.
At the point of the knockdown, the referee had no idea that there were only two or three seconds left on the clock because his attention was totally on the fighter & his safety. It wasn't his job to check how much time was left in the round. 'Reem was finished & the ref stopped it. End of story.

Fight until the ref pulls you off.

Touching does not signify the end of the fight.

Refs touch fighters all the time.

Very true. But I think it was a combination of the way Dan (who was badly out of position I should add) came running, and touched Rozen after easily the biggest punch in the fight. You're right that refs touch fighters all the time, but this instance is a bit more complicated imo.

Spot on, bro. I was just about to post the same exact thing but you saved me the trouble.
At the point of the knockdown, the referee had no idea that there were only two or three seconds left on the clock because his attention was totally on the fighter & his safety. It wasn't his job to check how much time was left in the round. 'Reem was finished & the ref stopped it. End of story.

another aloof individual.

Refs are trained to listen for 10 second clap.

This is SPECIFICALLY made for the referee so that he can stop the fight immediately at the bell.

I think Rozy is so enamored by his own power that he believed he'd knocked Reem into next Friday simply because he smashed him with his best right hook.

But he hadn't and now looks like a complete tit for walking away. He's a lucky boy that Dan was having a terrible night and botched that.

It's true.

Rosenstruik walked away after landing that right hand, thinking he separated Overeem from his consciousness, which he did NOT.

Reem got flashed KOd but popped right back up as time had already expired.

Mirgliatta , I think was sold by Rosenstruik walking off like that which swayed him in the moment to stop the fight...

Had Dan not been a dumbass to stop that fight, Reem would of won a well deserved and hard fought decision.

Also,
I'm not a huge Overeem fan so no I'm not being bias, and I also don't wanna hear about "bro you wanted to see him get killed on the ground"....

I wanted to see a DEFINITIVE finish and that WASN'T IT.

If Dan was reffing Lawler x Rory 2, he would of stopped that shit before Rd 3. Fuck outta here.

REEM GOT ROBBED
i think he thought reem was ok because he let him get up but i reckon he paniicked when he saw the almighty gash

Dare I say, Reem just got robbed?

I say he got saved from potential brain damage...

But he got up IMMEDIATELY from a single punch knockdown while his opponent was several feet away on the other side of the cage. Where is the justification for the stoppage? Guys get rocked all the time, this is MMA.
He tried to stand and fell all over, then Dan stopped it. Clear and appropriate stoppage.

Fighter safety?
I don't think a pro mma fighter is in much trouble if he's getting up immediately from a one punch knockdown and his opponent is on the other side of the cage.....

This is mma right ?

Blatantly Incorrect

Referees are supposed to be aware of the time so they're in position to stop the fight immediately at the bell.

Dan literally just got in the way of the fighters. He WASN'T stopping the fight. His indecision is what cost Overeem.
Big John, the head referee, says otherwise. I assume he knows more about it than you.

Very true. But I think it was a combination of the way Dan (who was badly out of position I should add) came running, and touched Rozen after easily the biggest punch in the fight. You're right that refs touch fighters all the time, but this instance is a bit more complicated imo.

It isn't a simple situation, but own up to the fact that you argued a moot point the ENTIRE time.

Rozen was never touched before he walked away.
Reem got straight up, eyes on his opponent.
There was no indication from Dan to stop the fight.
and all the other erroneous things you've said.

When you can't figure out if that's a tooth hanging from the fighters lip or its just inside out human fat that exploded out his face, It is a good time to stop the fight. Looked nasty on TV so I can imagine that looked worse to the ref who is 4 feet away.

All Reem had to do was play it safe for the last 10 seconds. He slipped up. I had him winning easily. 10 seconds.... He has no one to blame but himself for that blunder. Overeem is one of my favorite fighters but saying he got robbed is a stretch. 10 freaking seconds he had to last and he somehow manages to get his lip turned into cauliflower and fall on his butt. Sure he got up fast but his lip was all over the place.

I really feel if Reem had have just laid there making eye contact with Mirg he wouldn’t have stopped it

Back